Sponsored

Extended warranty

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Should i look into a extended warranty for my 2021? If so, where are most getting there's through?
Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
Flood and consider the lighting policy also. I had a taillight fail, MSRP on the taillight is around 900, you can buy them online for around 600, but if it was covered on an extended warranty, theres that.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
With only one exception before this car, I have always waved off the extended warranties, as the person selling it is also the one who knows the odds of something failing. I figure if he's making the bet, the odds are really in his favor.

The two times I have made an exception:
  • My 1985 Ford Bronco with the first use of the EFI system. I figured that 1st year on a new engine was iffy, so I took it. It paid off 3 years later when then entire front differential and axle needed to be replaced.
  • My current Mustang, more for all the electronics than anything else. Watching them trying to fix a software bug on the voice command system this week (and they're still trying) makes me feel better about the cost of the EW from Flood Ford, although I'm still under the 3/36 at this time.
Every other time that I passed on one, I never would have had occasion to use it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DemonGT

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always feel if you dont get it, something will happen. If you do then you wont need it.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I think of it like an insurance policy. You are not paying for possible future repairs, you are paying for piece of mind, knowing you wont have to lay out any other money for the length of the ESP.

I have bought five now from Zeigler Ford. They have always had the best price if you use their coupons. I paid $1500 for 8 years 75k miles 0 deductible.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Flood and consider the lighting policy also. I had a taillight fail, MSRP on the taillight is around 900, you can buy them online for around 600, but if it was covered on an extended warranty, theres that.
Yep ... adding the lighting warranty only cost like $20~25 extra.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I bought from Flood Ford, great experience...at the time the 15-17’s were blowing AC evaps all over the place, requiring about $3500 to pull the dash....of course my car has been perfect, but I would still do it again based on the amount of electronics in today’s cars....

OP
OP
DemonGT

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at there site there was a lighting add on but i thought it was just for bulbs?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Looking at there site there was a lighting add on but i thought it was just for bulbs?
https://www.floodfordesp.com/pdf/ESP_Parts_Coverage.pdf

In the PremiumCARE section of the PDF link, it lists items not covered, but if you buy the add-on lighting warranty it would then cover the part highlighted in the snip-it below - basically all lights both interior and exterior including head lights and tail lights would be covered.

Not 100% sure, but it looks like you can only add the optional lighting coverage on the PremiumCARE. You'd have to call Flood Ford and ask and verify.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I think of it like an insurance policy. You are not paying for possible future repairs, you are paying for piece of mind, knowing you wont have to lay out any other money for the length of the ESP.

I have bought five now from Zeigler Ford. They have always had the best price if you use their coupons. I paid $1500 for 8 years 75k miles 0 deductible.
Did you call them for that?

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Weve been trying to reach you about your cars extended warranty.........

ROFL! I couldnt resist.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I always feel if you dont get it, something will happen. If you do then you wont need it.
Never purchased an ESP or the like on anything .....never wished I had.
I used the savings to pay cash for my last car.
Try one of those money back credit cards and use the cash from that to pay your "certainly covered component repair" bill

Rob Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I called my local dealer and they tried to push a warranty from a place called CNA. They told me they had problems with Ford ESP covering stuff sometimes for customers. IMHO … It was just their excuse to charge more for a warranty policy. So then I called another dealer to check their price ( $2400 for what I was looking for ). So shits and giggles I called Ford directly since they keep snail mailing me stuff on the ESP. They give me the same $2400 price and I ask them WHY can I get it from certain dealers for HALF the price. She couldn’t give me an answer but she asked me WHO that I got my price from. I said .. nope … I want to talk to them first and ask the SAME question ;-)

OP
OP
DemonGT

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picking my car up Thursday, was planning on using flood ford for a ESP.

Anyone ever have claim issues with there esp like mentioned?
Sponsored