Sponsored

extended warranty

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Using the flood Ford configurator it shows the same price for my 2015 with less than a month left on the warranty and a 2018 with 12k miles.
Well, maybe Ford has changed something since I bought my Ford ESP about a year ago.

I was charged the extra $100 "12 Months/12,000 Miles" surcharge when I originally
bought the extended warranty. It would have cost me $635 instead of $735 if I
would have bought the same extended warranty (8 years/36000 miles) before the car
was a year old and had less than 12,000 miles
. Don't know why Ford does this,
but I got the same answer from the Ford ESP Administration Dept.

PS - try the Flood configurator test again but with the 2018 having LESS than 12K miles.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Well, maybe Ford has changed something since I bought my Ford ESP about a year ago.

I was charged the extra $100 "12 Months/12,000 Miles" surcharge when I originally
would have bought the same extended warranty (8 years/36000 miles) before the car
If you are wondering why it costs more to buy it later, its basically because they didn't have the money to invest all those months they wouldn't have to pay out for anything the factory warranty paid for. So if you can invest the warranty price better than the crumbs they knock off for early purchase, wait 'till the last minute.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LoL, investing $735 or 35 months might make $10 in interest. Could lose most of it too, depending on the investment .

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
LoL, investing $735 or 35 months might make $10 in interest. Could lose most of it too, depending on the investment .
I take it you do NOT know the people I play poker with.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro

PS - try the Flood configurator test again but with the 2018 having LESS than 12K miles.
I have entered 2019 with 12 miles and it is the same price as my 2015 with 24k miles. As long as the factory warranty is still valid it is the same price. Give it a try

https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have entered 2019 with 12 miles and it is the same price as my 2015 with 24k miles. As long as the factory warranty is still valid it is the same price. Give it a try

https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php
I just ran two scenarios on Flood Ford ESP website for a 2015 Mustang GT with 3,000 miles. One was saying it was over 12 months old, and the other was saying it was under 12 months old. There is a $100 difference between all the prices of the plans.

Look closely at the options you are choosing for plan prices.

2015 GT less than 12 months old.
2015 GT with 3000 Miles & Less Than 12 mo Old.JPG

2015 GT more than 12 months old.

2015 GT with 3000 Miles & More Than 12 mo Old.JPG

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now here's the same runs, but with a 2018 GT with 3,000 miles. Again, you will see the plan prices are all $100 less if you buy the ESP before the car is over 12 months old.

2018 GT less than 12 months old.
2018 GT with 3000 Miles & Less Than 12 mo Old.JPG

2018 GT more than 12 months old.

2018 GT with 3000 Miles & More Than 12 mo Old.JPG

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, keep in mind that the ESP prices will most likely go up some with time .... doubt they will be the same price 3 years from the day the car is bought. Ford needs to pay for all those AC evaporator failures and BBQ ticking engine replacements under warranty somehow. :wink:

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ran two scenarios on Flood Ford ESP website for a 2015 Mustang GT with 3,000 miles. One was saying it was over 12 months old, and the other was saying it was under 12 months old. There is a $100 difference between all the prices of the plans.

Look closely at the options you are choosing for plan prices.

2015 GT less than 12 months old.
2015 GT with 3000 Miles & Less Than 12 mo Old.JPG

2015 GT more than 12 months old.

2015 GT with 3000 Miles & More Than 12 mo Old.JPG
You are correct sir. I was not changing the less than / greater than 12 month switch as mine was set to greater than from a previous run through the configurator.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just purchased the Premium plan with 6/60 and 100 deductible for $710.00 from Flood Ford. The factory warranty on our 2015 is up on 8/31 and the car only has 24k miles on it now. This is cheap insurance in case the AC goes out AGAIN.

Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Go to Flood Ford, they will have THE best Ford Extended Warranty prices anywhere. Do not cave in or buy the warranty from your Dealer UNLESS they can or will match the same exact plan and price from Flood Ford. This is a well known fact amongst MANY online Ford Forums and yes, it’s the genuine Ford Warranty serviceable at any of the 5,000+ Ford Service Centers in the US

https://www.floodfordesp.com
Ok, I've looked at their warranties and probably will be going that route. My question is, when should I do it? I currently have 12 months left on my bumper to bumper and will not go over 36K miles in the next year. I ran the numbers on their site, and it appears to be the same cost as long as you are under 3/36 from the in service date. There seems to be no benefit as the warranty is no better than the factory warranty. So should I just wait until I just have a week left and then purchase?

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Ford's reply. "Sorry sir that part isn't covered under warranty as it's working as designed." :shock: Told to me by a dealerships reply from Ford.

For most; look at how long you've owned your previous vehicles to judge if you even need an extended warranty. For some the first mustang thrill wears off in short time or find it's not the right car for kid's and family, etc. That will also be a factor for extended warranties.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Ford's reply. "Sorry sir that part isn't covered under warranty as it's working as designed." :shock: Told to me by a dealerships reply from Ford.

For most; look at how long you've owned your previous vehicles to judge if you even need an extended warranty. For some the first mustang thrill wears off in short time or find it's not the right car for kid's and family, etc. That will also be a factor for extended warranties.
I had an Infiniti G37x for the last 4 years and just traded it with 82K on it and didn't feel the need for an extended warranty. I do not expect the same level of reliability with my 18 Mustang. I think I can drive it for a year, then decide without any increase in what the plan costs, unless their current program changes. I'm pretty pleased with my Roush and my family consists of a dog, cat and wife. But just got it so we'll see.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Ok, I've looked at their warranties and probably will be going that route. My question is, when should I do it? I currently have 12 months left on my bumper to bumper and will not go over 36K miles in the next year. I ran the numbers on their site, and it appears to be the same cost as long as you are under 3/36 from the in service date. There seems to be no benefit as the warranty is no better than the factory warranty. So should I just wait until I just have a week left and then purchase?
It seems there are two levels with these warranties...12 months/12K miles or less and then the 3 year /36K miles or less.

So unless I am missing something as well, if you are over the first hurdle, then you might as well wait till you get close to the next.

Edit: I guess you could already be paying towards the warranty if you chose the payment option...that could be a reason.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

I posted this in the GT350 forum under another extended warranty thread.... it may help with decision making processes.

Also to remember with ANY of the Ford ESP or Maintenance Plans:

They all run concurrently with the factory 3/36 and start as of the original vehicle purchase date - NOT after the 3/36 expires. When you go in for any Warranty claim during the 3/36, the 3/36 provisions takes precedence over the ESP - meaning during the 3/36, the ESP is pretty much worthless.

So for instance - someone buys a Ford 7/75k ESP. Since it runs concurrently with the 3/36, that Owner really bought a 4/39k - or whichever comes first (4 years or 39k). So after the 3/36 expires you have 4 years or 39k of Warranty “use”.

If buying ANY ESP, the best to buy would be the one that has the highest year/mileage offer (the highest currently offered by Ford is an 8/150k).

Another note:
The complete Powertrain (rear/trans/engine) is covered by the Ford New Car 3/36 and when that expires, is covered under the 5/60. So even if you don’t buy an ESP, the drivetrain is still covered under the 5/60 after the 3/36 expires (essentially, you would have 2/24k left for Powertrain Coverage).

When buying any ESP - deciding factor should be:
How long are you going to retain the vehicle and how often are you using it?

If you’re one to mothball a vehicle and hardly drive it - the ESP is essentially worthless, because you won’t “use” it and by the time you would, the plan would have expired by its defined term in years.

So there’s some food for thought....
Sponsored