extended warranty

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I posted this in the GT350 forum under another extended warranty thread.... it may help with decision making processes.

Also to remember with ANY of the Ford ESP or Maintenance Plans:

They all run concurrently with the factory 3/36 and start as of the original vehicle purchase date - NOT after the 3/36 expires. When you go in for any Warranty claim during the 3/36, the 3/36 provisions takes precedence over the ESP - meaning during the 3/36, the ESP is pretty much worthless.

So for instance - someone buys a Ford 7/75k ESP. Since it runs concurrently with the 3/36, that Owner really bought a 4/39k - or whichever comes first (4 years or 39k). So after the 3/36 expires you have 4 years or 39k of Warranty “use”.

If buying ANY ESP, the best to buy would be the one that has the highest year/mileage offer (the highest currently offered by Ford is an 8/150k).

Another note:
The complete Powertrain (rear/trans/engine) is covered by the Ford New Car 3/36 and when that expires, is covered under the 5/60. So even if you don’t buy an ESP, the drivetrain is still covered under the 5/60 after the 3/36 expires (essentially, you would have 2/24k left for Powertrain Coverage).

When buying any ESP - deciding factor should be:
How long are you going to retain the vehicle and how often are you using it?

If you’re one to mothball a vehicle and hardly drive it - the ESP is essentially worthless, because you won’t “use” it and by the time you would, the plan would have expired by its defined term in years.

So there’s some food for thought....
Thanks man. This is what I was thinking as well. I’ll wait since I’m over the 12 month breakpoint. I will daily drive it so it will not be a garage queen for sure. I think I can more than get my warranty investment back when I sell it by being able to say it has bumper to bumper warranty left if I go with the 8 year term. Thanks again!
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks man. This is what I was thinking as well. I’ll wait since I’m over the 12 month breakpoint. I will daily drive it so it will not be a garage queen for sure. I think I can more than get my warranty investment back when I sell it by being able to say it has bumper to bumper warranty left if I go with the 8 year term. Thanks again!
Question, are the Ford ESP's available for tuner cars like Roush & Steeda?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Question, are the Ford ESP's available for tuner cars like Roush & Steeda?
Most likely a waste of money as the big ticket items would not be covered due to the modifications by the tuners. But your 8.4" screen would be. :crackup:

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Most likely a waste of money as the big ticket items would not be covered due to the modifications by the tuners. But your 8.4" screen would be. :crackup:
I'd question this on the Roush RS2 which I have. Of course I have not verified with Flood Ford, but the RS2 is basically body kits, wheels and tires, performance exhaust and coil over suspension adds. Don't see how these changes would prevent Ford covering the Air Compressor unit, electronics, sensors, switches, etc. If someone has been down this road and can save me the research, that would be peachy!

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd question this on the Roush RS2 which I have. Of course I have not verified with Flood Ford, but the RS2 is basically body kits, wheels and tires, performance exhaust and coil over suspension adds. Don't see how these changes would prevent Ford covering the Air Compressor unit, electronics, sensors, switches, etc. If someone has been down this road and can save me the research, that would be peachy!
Just email or call Flood Ford with questions. The guy I dealt with knew the rules/coverage very well.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My reply was I thought obviously for the tuners that add FI and tunes...a bit tongue in cheek. Obviously anything the tuners do that does not directly affect a part should be covered by the original and extended warranties. :thumbsup:

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Another feature of the Ford ESp is the ability to pay for it over a one year period with equal installments. Put it on your credit card and each month a payment is made until the balance is covered and not too much pain. I like others worry about the A/C evaporator, the Coyote tick, and the all ne A10 transmission. Just one electronic problem and the cost is recouped in an instant today.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another feature of the Ford ESp is the ability to pay for it over a one year period with equal installments. Put it on your credit card and each month a payment is made until the balance is covered and not too much pain. I like others worry about the A/C evaporator, the Coyote tick, and the all ne A10 transmission. Just one electronic problem and the cost is recouped in an instant today.
Just a headlight or tail light going out is big money. FYI for those interested in buying a Ford extended warranty, you have to pay I think about $20 extra to get coverage for headlight or tail lights going out. It's like an extra rider on the policy, at least when I bought the extended warranty.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it is like other ESPs you can pay in full and get a significant discount.

Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Bikeman I've read the fine print, not good news for Rousch and Shelby's
No soup for RS2’s? Guess that chin spoiler really affects that A/C unit...

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Bikeman I've read the fine print, not good news for Rousch and Shelby's
FYI for Roush owners. I just sent an inquiry to Flood Ford today and this was the response:

Good afternoon, I have a 2018 Roush Stage 2 with 6,200 miles on it. It does NOT have a Supercharger or any engine modifications whatsoever. Only the base RS2 package which is aero kits, 20" wheels and summer tires, height adjustable only coil over suspension and non-active performance exhaust. Do you provide an ESP for this vehicle? VIN is XXXXXXX. Thanks!

Rick

Gardiner Reynolds <[email protected]>

Yes, stage 2 is eligible.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
FYI for Roush owners. I just sent an inquiry to Flood Ford today and this was the response:

Good afternoon, I have a 2018 Roush Stage 2 with 6,200 miles on it. It does NOT have a Supercharger or any engine modifications whatsoever. Only the base RS2 package which is aero kits, 20" wheels and summer tires, height adjustable only coil over suspension and non-active performance exhaust. Do you provide an ESP for this vehicle? VIN is XXXXXXX. Thanks!

Rick

Gardiner Reynolds <[email protected]>

Yes, stage 2 is eligible.
That’s great. My 1st post presumed you had the SC. Bad presumption on my part.
Sponsored