Sponsored

extended warranty

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
That's good news, not familiar with Roush stage2, does it come with factory tune?
If that would be the case, that means it may be possible to have ford install Roush tune and still qualify. Interesting.
Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
That's good news, not familiar with Roush stage2, does it come with factory tune?
If that would be the case, that means it may be possible to have ford install Roush tune and still qualify. Interesting.
Stage 1 is Ecoboost, Stage 2 is standard V-8. Stage 3 gets the Supercharger. I do think you can “option” a Stage 2 with a SC but not certain on that.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
2 questions:

can’t you put in whatever miles you want and purchase the warranty? When you show up as long as your are in the allotted years miles and it’s covered... how do they know you didn’t drive back and forth to California a couple times a year?

I’m also in Florida and can’t purchase but what if I use an Ohio address it’s the same warranty and the car can be serviced anywhere there a Ford dealer so it doesn’t matter it either right?

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
2 questions:

can’t you put in whatever miles you want and purchase the warranty? When you show up as long as your are in the allotted years miles and it’s covered... how do they know you didn’t drive back and forth to California a couple times a year?

I’m also in Florida and can’t purchase but what if I use an Ohio address it’s the same warranty and the car can be serviced anywhere there a Ford dealer so it doesn’t matter it either right?
I’m not certain on this but if you go on cars.com and pull a free Carfax report there is some serious detail there that I’m sure dealers have access to. Where the car is registered is one so if yours shows FL that may raise a red flag. Also they show mileage for service intervals. Ok if you do all your own work but if you get a brake job at 40k miles and try to buy a Ford ESP saying you have 35.9k miles I doubt it’s going to fly but who knows. Maybe they just want the cash and either don’t check or will look the other way.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well, I guess you could, but I'm betting your cars computer knows and would be happy to tell. Why risk getting a claim, and possibly, your warranty denied. Just be truthful.

Yeah, guys from Florida have been asking that question for years. The stock answer is because its fraud. Something Ford doesn't look kindly at. Some have tried and been caught. Again is the reward worth the risk?

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I’ll try it and let you guys know... I’ll buy it on American Express this way I’m covered. :)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
You can only buy the Ford ESP if the car is still under the original factory warranty. I don't think it really matters what the mileage is on the car because if it was actually 35,000 miles but you put in 5,000 miles the prices come out the same - I just ran those two scenarios on Flood Ford's website.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

You are buying an extended warranty beyond the factory 3 yr/36K warranty. So it doesn't really matter what the actual mileage is because the extended warranty only covers up to a certain time or mileage beyond the original Ford factory warranty. If you take your car in for a warranty job on the ESP they will look at your VIN and odometer to determine if the car is still under the ESP warranty.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
You can only buy the Ford ESP if the car is still under the original factory warranty. I don't think it really matters what the mileage is on the car because if it was actually 35,000 miles but you put in 5,000 miles the prices come out the same - I just ran those two scenarios on Flood Ford's website.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

You are buying an extended warranty beyond the factory 3 yr/36K warranty. So it doesn't really matter what the actual mileage is because the extended warranty only covers up to a certain time or mileage beyond the original Ford factory warranty. If you take your car in for a warranty job on the ESP they will look at your VIN and odometer to determine if the car is still under the ESP warranty.

Yeah my biggest thing was the out of state concern. Guess it doesn’t matter though. You can use a different address and get the vehicles serviced anywhere.

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Some food for thought about buying the warranty earlier vs later - rental coverage.

My 2018 is about to hit 20k and I ran into a problem with getting a loaner from the dealership right now. I've been waiting since May for my airbag light and A10 to be checked out. Long story short, I went ahead and purchased the 8yr 100k mile warranty with the rental, lights and key replacement options. I don't know if others have run into this problem or not but now I can take my car in for diagnostics or service and immediately have a rental to drive home. I think that option was an extra $50 hahaha. I feel like I'm going to get my money's worth just from that so it'll even out buying it sooner than I planned. I will be keeping this car at least until the warranty runs out so money well spent (~$1600).

Sponsored

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
I bought my 16 GT with 25k miles a few weeks ago. The 3/36 was expired but Ford could offer me ESP coverage. The window of mileage and years is smaller but I was able to get covered till 101k or 7/15/2024. It wasn’t cheap but with the rep these cars have with evaporators.. I could of went for 5 years but I’ll likely see the mileage before the years.

They also was able to let me pay it over 24 mo with zero interest through Budco.

$100 deductible and I get rental car coverage.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I bought my 16 GT with 25k miles a few weeks ago. The 3/36 was expired but Ford could offer me ESP coverage. The window of mileage and years is smaller but I was able to get covered till 101k or 7/15/2024. It wasn’t cheap but with the rep these cars have with evaporators.. I could of went for 5 years but I’ll likely see the mileage before the years.

They also was able to let me pay it over 24 mo with zero interest through Budco.

$100 deductible and I get rental car coverage.
The rental car coverage is the nicest thing about PremiumCare especially given how stingy Ford dealers are with loaners

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah that’s the issue I’m running into now.
I am working a deal on the warranty and will see if they can add rental coverage....
I noticed the other dealers like Lexus and BMW they have multiple loaners but they sell them after a short period of time.
Sponsored