Rob Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All
First car in 34 years we have always had pickups or SUV’s
.. cant wait for the 2019 Premium GT Convertible ...
got build date and a delivery date of early August.
My question is about Extended Warranty’s
When we got our 2013 Jeep Wrangler they offered one.
I was able to get them to come down on their initial price.
Can you do that with the Ford Mustang ?
Thanks ...
Rob ...
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Go to Flood Ford, they will have THE best Ford Extended Warranty prices anywhere. Do not cave in or buy the warranty from your Dealer UNLESS they can or will match the same exact plan and price from Flood Ford. This is a well known fact amongst MANY online Ford Forums and yes, it’s the genuine Ford Warranty serviceable at any of the 5,000+ Ford Service Centers in the US

https://www.floodfordesp.com

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I just bought one from them in case the HVAC craps out.

CVCAshmere

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
I just bought one from them in case the HVAC craps out.

CVCAshmere

same here and it is a ford ESP. After purchase Flood uploaded it to fords database, verified the new ESP date at my dealers service desk.

My dealer was pushing a 3rd party ESP for way more $$$ than for same coverage through flood ford.

Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Floodford - I bought my 8 year premium with deductible for 1k.

OP
OP

Rob Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ours arrived today at the dealer. they put dealer plates on so we could take it for a spin. LOVED it ... unfortunately bank is closed so Monday we will take it home. But before we left he went over what we need to bring in for a final check. Just be for that I see him walk in with the ESP plan brochure and I knew what was next .... LOL ...
I already chcked and memorized what I wanted in the Flood ESP plan. He started to explain the plans and gave us his dealer pitch. I looked right at him and said this is what I want ... zero deductible... 8 years ... 100k miles .... he says they can offer it for $2700 ... I laughed ... well I can get it for $1795. He then tries to tell me ni way that must be a 3rd party plan. I said ... NOPE ... told him to go to FloodFordESP.com and check it out. He looks and then has to go see the finance guy. Comes back saying the best they can do is $2200 ... I said Oh Well .. too bad. Then he starts to say .. well make sure it has the same benefits like having a rental. I wanted to say to him ... it is the same damm brochure he had in his hand ... LOL ...
Didnt even bother to haggle with him about it.
Rob .....

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Why purchase the extended warranty when you have a full factory warranty for 3/36 -5/60? You can purchase the extended warranty at any time before the factory warranty expires. Mine is up at the end of the month and I am going to purchase from flood Ford as well.

If you buy the extended warranty now it won't make a smidgen of difference until the factory warranty expires. What if you total the car or sell it prior to the factory warranty expiration, you are out all the cash.

My dealership wanted 1k more then flood Ford so I told them to pound salt.

OP
OP

Rob Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Why purchase the extended warranty when you have a full factory warranty for 3/36 -5/60? You can purchase the extended warranty at any time before the factory warranty expires. Mine is up at the end of the month and I am going to purchase from flood Ford as well.

If you buy the extended warranty now it won't make a smidgen of difference until the factory warranty expires. What if you total the car or sell it prior to the factory warranty expiration, you are out all the cash.

I will have to check on that.
Rob ....

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang

Also, a good number of parts are covered by the federal 8 year 80,000 mile emissions warranty.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

I believe the price is less if bought earlier in the car's warranty cycle.

Also you do not lose ALL the cash as it can be canceled and you get a pro rated amount back.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Also you do not lose ALL the cash as it can be canceled and you get a pro rated amount back.
The dealership tried to sell me the extended warranty when I purchased the car for 1700 for up to 8 years. I can purchase the 6 year 60 now for 700 and change which is the same price you will pay for a brand new 2019 model, same price.

Doesn't seem like a big savings to me. Keep the 1700. You have 3 years to decide whether or not you want to extend the warranty using flood Ford.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

There is a savings if you purchase it before a certain time period. Waiting until a month before your factory warranty runs out will cost a bit more, it's built into the pricing structure of the program regardless of what dealer the Ford ESP if bought from.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a savings if you purchase it before a certain time period. Waiting until a month before your factory warranty runs out will cost a bit more, it's built into the pricing structure of the program regardless of what dealer the Ford ESP if bought from.
Using the flood Ford configurator it shows the same price for my 2015 with less than a month left on the warranty and a 2018 with 12k miles.