BlueJay

BlueJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Yes it is. Ive always loved it. Im just too old to hang out with the majority of the racers in my town lol. Funny thing is, the oldest guys around my age are the ones with the stupid fast cars in my area, but they only pull them out for the track which is 4 hrs away & for a small event they have twice a year at the airport.
I gotcha, imo there is no age limit! If I see someone asking me to do a 40 roll imma do a 40 roll! Plain and Simple I don’t care if it’s my buddy or if it’s some grandma! Either win or lose I don’t care I just enjoy doing it. Yea You can never go wrong with a lil roll race! I’ve never been a track guy. Like i see why people love it but it’s just not not what I like doing, except drift track those are sick!
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I gotcha, imo there is no age limit! If I see someone asking me to do a 40 roll imma do a 40 roll! Plain and Simple I don’t care if it’s my buddy or if it’s some grandma! Either win or lose I don’t care I just enjoy doing it. Yea You can never go wrong with a lil roll race! I’ve never been a track guy. Like i see why people love it but it’s just not not what I like doing, except drift track those are sick!
Agreed!

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
Didn’t you get a error message for not having the active anymore?
On startup it will tell you on startup exhaust selection not available or something, goes away in a couple seconds. Doesn't come back, even when I cycle through different modes.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Those Flowmasters will probably sound like open headers (maybe not that loud, but close) when putting the car in sport or track mode. I doubt that putting the AE in quiet mode will lessen the drone any though. Cruising at highway speeds is when it’ll be the worst. You might have to add some resonators with them. You should try it without them first, as you might like it. Everyone’s ear and what they’re looking for is different.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
On startup it will tell you on startup exhaust selection not available or something, goes away in a couple seconds. Doesn't come back, even when I cycle through different modes.
You can turn the active exhaust option off via forescan in the bcm.

Go to IPC "Configuration"
Active Exhaust --->Disable

Drive modes will still be active just not the exhaust

Sponsored

OP
OP
BlueJay

BlueJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Those Flowmasters will probably sound like open headers (maybe not that loud, but close) when putting the car in sport or track mode. I doubt that putting the AE in quiet mode will lessen the drone any though. Cruising at highway speeds is when it’ll be the worst. You might have to add some resonators with them. You should try it without them first, as you might like it. Everyone’s ear and what they’re looking for is different.
They aren’t that expensive around $700 compared to all the other borlas and corsa are way to expensive for a axle back. I want it louder but not catless longtube headers loud. Not yet of course.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
They aren’t that expensive around $700 compared to all the other borlas and corsa are way to expensive for a axle back. I want it louder but not catless longtube headers loud. Not yet of course.
Oh, I understand. Everything nowadays is super expensive. When I did a full Bassani LTH, mid pipe and axle back with catted and off road system, it was $2300. Heck, here in 2020+, a full system will approach or exceed $3K very easily.

OP
OP
BlueJay

BlueJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Oh, I understand. Everything nowadays is super expensive. When I did a full Bassani LTH, mid pipe and axle back with catted and off road system, it was $2300. Heck, here in 2020+, a full system will approach or exceed $3K very easily.
Yes frfr, everything is so expensive! Coming from a jdm car the whole catback was like $700. For the mustang the catback is like over 2x the cost of that! It’s makes no sense.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
When I bought my car a few months ago I was already looking at full catbacks in either Borla, Kooks, or Corsa brand. Almost all brands from flowmaster to borla ranged from high $500s to $1300s for the better ones. I would window shop daily. They went from that price range to high $700s to $2000s over 1 single night. No small price increase bit by bit, nooo, was a big ass price diff just at a snap of a finger. This was before the whole thing kicked off in Europe. All I can say is, Thanks Biden, & all whom voted for this crap of an admin we have now. But Ill leave it at that because no politics allowed & dont want to get the boot from this place "free speech & all".

OP
OP
BlueJay

BlueJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
When I bought my car a few months ago I was already looking at full catbacks in either Borla, Kooks, or Corsa brand. Almost all brands from flowmaster to borla ranged from high $500s to $1300s for the better ones. I would window shop daily. They went from that price range to high $700s to $2000s over 1 single night. No small price increase bit by bit, nooo, was a big ass price diff just at a snap of a finger. This was before the whole thing kicked off in Europe. All I can say is, Thanks Biden, & all whom voted for this crap of an admin we have now. But Ill leave it at that because no politics allowed & dont want to get the boot from this place "free speech & all".
Yea lets not start anything lol... All I know is that exhaust for these are way to expensive then what it really need to be. Will I still buy one, absolutely but like its just sucks trying to build a car and be set back money wise cuz you spent so much on a exhaust. Plus I don't wanna be like nearly every mustang owner and get extremes or ataks. I'm not saying that a bad thing or anything, I honesty love how both of them sound I just want something different, that not very many people run.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
What I did was just buy the Steeda H pipe. Gonna keep it on stock for now other than a few suspension upgrades & maybe a tune. No engine upgrades until I have the $ for the ESS kit. I went Whipple last & swore I would go turbo next time, but with the average twins costing over 10k it was easy to look over at ESS. Would be sweet if ON3 offered a comp turbo option. I thought about the CX kit & fabbing it myself, but with a baby on the way & my last job canning me for not complying to the vax it put a damper on my plans. Hope ESS stays decently priced the way it is now.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Everything is up. I tried to price out some raw titanium to build an exhaust and it was insane. I settled on 6061 aluminum but glad I did. Turned out awesome and I have maybe $1000 in it and it ended up being 23lbs total for the entire exhaust. Not bad considering the setup that came off was 71.6lbs.

7935D96C-D559-4FB6-BF31-E2287D31141A.jpeg

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Omggg yesss you telling me it will start in track?? Hats off to you I want to hear a cold start in track lol! But can you still go to all the exhaust modes or nah?
You can start it in track by getting in the car and setting it to track before you start it.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Everything is up. I tried to price out some raw titanium to build an exhaust and it was insane. I settled on 6061 aluminum but glad I did. Turned out awesome and I have maybe $1000 in it and it ended up being 23lbs total for the entire exhaust. Not bad considering the setup that came off was 71.6lbs.

7935D96C-D559-4FB6-BF31-E2287D31141A.jpeg
Sweet work you did there. Yeah everything is up & will continue to climb sadly. Ive never welded titanium.

OP
OP
BlueJay

BlueJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
You can start it in track by getting in the car and setting it to track before you start it.
What I did was just buy the Steeda H pipe. Gonna keep it on stock for now other than a few suspension upgrades & maybe a tune. No engine upgrades until I have the $ for the ESS kit. I went Whipple last & swore I would go turbo next time, but with the average twins costing over 10k it was easy to look over at ESS. Would be sweet if ON3 offered a comp turbo option. I thought about the CX kit & fabbing it myself, but with a baby on the way & my last job canning me for not complying to the vax it put a damper on my plans. Hope ESS stays decently priced the way it is now.
Honestly I wanna do turbo but I wanna do procharger too it’s a hard choice. Leaning more towards procharger since I wanan experience somthing new but tuboes aren’t bad at all! I’m keeping my decently stock for a lil bit then doing fbo!
Sponsored