Sponsored

Exhaust mode

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
When I change modes only quiet to normal I hear a difference. The car is still new to me with only 21 miles on it but, no difference in sport and I can’t even get into track yet I have to read how to do it but I don’t see any difference only from quiet to normal. Am I doing something wrong ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
When I change modes only quiet to normal I hear a difference. The car is still new to me with only 21 miles on it but, no difference in sport and I can’t even get into track yet I have to read how to do it but I don’t see any difference only from quiet to normal
time for long tubes :)

dont worry i cant really hear much difference either. i hear two modes, quiet and everything else. maybe a little difference going between normal to sport/track but not much.
to switch to track mode exhaust you get there through the steering wheel controls.

OP
OP
Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
time for long tubes :)

dont worry i cant really hear much difference either. i hear two modes, quiet and everything else. maybe a little difference going between normal to sport/track but not much.
to switch to track mode exhaust you get there through the steering wheel controls.
when I try to go to track it says “read manual” and that’s it. If I remember when I had the gt350 there was a difference

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when I try to go to track it says “read manual” and that’s it. If I remember when I had the gt350 there was a difference
strange. my routine is flip mode to mymode which is basically sport i think and then go through steering wheel controls to track exhaust. are you trying to engage track exhaust when the car is in normal mode? maybe its designed that way to keep the HOA's happy

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
When I change modes only quiet to normal I hear a difference. The car is still new to me with only 21 miles on it but, no difference in sport and I can’t even get into track yet I have to read how to do it but I don’t see any difference only from quiet to normal
Sport vs track you won't notice until you get to a track and can go close to wide-open-throttle. Easy to hear the change from quiet to normal AFTER the initial warm-up since it generally takes a minute or two to get past warm up. Start up in quiet mode is helpful to neighbors, or if you start up in the garage which is under your wife's home office (don't ask!)

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Did the GT350 have a sport mode before track? I ask because in my experience, the difference between sport and track in the Mach 1 shows up only at the high revs/wide open throttle. Anything less and they sound pretty much the same, at least from the inside!

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
There are two ways, and at idle there is little difference except for quiet.

Option one is the toggle on the dash, you can cycle between wet, normal, custom, sport+, Track, and Drag.

Option two is to go into the pony menu button on the steering wheel, and go to the exhaust options. scroll through while driving and you will hear the difference. I can't hear a big difference between track and drag modes, but the others have a clear difference.

I have the My Mode custom mode set to quiet. Or what my wife calls BMW Mode..... lol

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Same here. Quiet start is great and noticeable, normal mode is, well, pretty normal. Very subtle differences between normal, sport and track, but MyMode is set to comfort steering and track exhaust and there are more burbles and pops, and it's definitely louder on throttle.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here. Quiet start is great and noticeable, normal mode is, well, pretty normal. Very subtle differences between normal, sport and track, but MyMode is set to comfort steering and track exhaust and there are more burbles and pops, and it's definitely louder on throttle.
I didn’t realize in mymode you could select track exhaust??? I must have done something wrong when I set it up because it goes to sport on mine!

Sponsored

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
With the way the active valves are, you won't really notice a huge difference at idle except between quiet and other exhaust modes. As said the note gets louder through the RPM range with each mode. Track basically sets the valves full open through the entire RPM range. Someone made a video on it too that shows how active the valves are.

Edit: Credit to Borla here. Video at the bottom.

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
I find it almost obnoxiously loud in normal mode at around 5k. But go ahead and enjoy your mods kids. You're not impressing anyone.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I find it almost obnoxiously loud in normal mode at around 5k. But go ahead and enjoy your mods kids. You're not impressing anyone.
Party pooper :crackup:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But how often are you at 5k and how long do you spend there? The only times I’m in that range I’m not anywhere that will bother anyone. Plus I don’t think my hearing is very good so I need headers to know the car is still running :)

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t realize in mymode you could select track exhaust??? I must have done something wrong when I set it up because it goes to sport on mine!
Yeah the MyMode is actually a bummer because you can't select the suspension settings, only the steering and exhaust modes. And really the modes themselves are bummers because you can't change the steering modes in them. On my 2018 I used to like Sport+ and change the steering to comfort, but now it won't let you do that.
Sponsored