Sponsored

Last edited:

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
If the spring perch on the strut is not the same distance as stock, yes it can change ride height. Shocks shouldn't really make a difference though.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Assuming you're using the same upper mounts and reused the OE rubber perch isolator, it would have to be a physical difference in the shock dimensions.

Did you align the upper mounts correctly? If you don't point the little notch toward the inside, the caster will be off and you can get some tire rub on the fender liner. I know because I fucked it up on my car before and had to correct it.

Good thing is you can check without taking anything apart, using the notches in the top of the strut mounts. Here's a sketch I did for another thread.

pU6NFKOh.jpg

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Can you get an alignment in factory specs if they are off?

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Caster and camber will be off, if they’re not oriented the same cross caster and cross camber won’t zero, so no.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Caster and camber will be off, if they’re not oriented the same cross caster and cross camber won’t zero, so no.

I experimented with this on my 2016 PP GT and saw zero change. Makes me wonder if some are different? Additionally, I measured and both mounts were symmetrical with the center to center matching, when going from the center shaft hole to each of the (3) studs.

hmmm

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
I experimented with this on my 2016 PP GT and saw zero change. Makes me wonder if some are different? Additionally, I measured and both mounts were symmetrical with the center to center matching, when going from the center shaft hole to each of the (3) studs.

hmmm
Took a gamble on this yesterday when I swapped to PP shocks...I aligned the top hats according to the dust markings from the old hats ie. from the factory. No difference as well. My notches aren’t pointing in the pictures orientation.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Assuming you're using the same upper mounts and reused the OE rubber perch isolator, it would have to be a physical difference in the shock dimensions.

Did you align the upper mounts correctly? If you don't point the little notch toward the inside, the caster will be off and you can get some tire rub on the fender liner. I know because I fucked it up on my car before and had to correct it.

Good thing is you can check without taking anything apart, using the notches in the top of the strut mounts. Here's a sketch I did for another thread.

pU6NFKOh.jpg
Haha... I've been orienting these based on the bar code sticker just like this photo all along not realizing that there was some implication for not doing so. Lucky me...:cool:

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd

hmmm
I just came across this and it seems like the notch direction doesn't really matter...? What's the point of the notch.
Sponsored