Evap core replacement with supercharger

tbutera23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone with a supercharged car had their evaporator core replaced? Took mine to the dealer and they diagnosed an evaporator core leak. Had to pick the car up today because they didn't want to start tearing the dash apart with my N2MB, dash cam and radar all wired near the dash. The plan now is to relocate my N2MB wot box and remove my dash cam and radar until after the repair is completed. Dealer is mod friendly but my question is are there any bolts in the engine bay securing the dash that would be blocked by my VMP Gen3R? Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Don't know where all your supercharger stuff is located, mainly access is needed through the RH side of the engine (where the metal lines and hoses to the firewall are). There's 2 bolts under the cowl and 2 nuts on the lower firewall - one behind the intake/RH valve cover and one about 1.5 ft under and 1 ft to the left of that one. That upper nut can be a PITA to get to.

Everything else is easy after that lol. They may not want to deal with wiring and routing the dash cam/radar stuff. That does get annoying every now and then, especially if it's hardwired.

OP
OP
tbutera23

tbutera23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Don't know where all your supercharger stuff is located, mainly access is needed through the RH side of the engine (where the metal lines and hoses to the firewall are). There's 2 bolts under the cowl and 2 nuts on the lower firewall - one behind the intake/RH valve cover and one about 1.5 ft under and 1 ft to the left of that one. That upper nut can be a PITA to get to.

Everything else is easy after that lol. They may not want to deal with wiring and routing the dash cam/radar stuff. That does get annoying every now and then, especially if it's hardwired.
Thanks for the reply. That’s basically what they were saying. My dashcam and radar are hardwired around the dash area and my ngauge sits in the driver side vent. I’ll get all that out Friday and take it back up there. Supercharger stuff shouldn’t be an issue now that I know where the bolts are.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
How did this go and what did they charge you for this?

You had the typical symptoms?

OP
OP
tbutera23

tbutera23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
How did this go and what did they charge you for this?

You had the typical symptoms?
It’s been a while since I got it fixed but I remember the compressor wouldn’t kick on and it would just blow warm air out of the vents. But I ended up getting it fixed under warranty like 3 days before my 3yr/36000 warranty expired. My car is heavily modified, Lund tune, supercharger, headers, 2 step and fuel system. The only trouble they gave me was I had to take the car back home the first time and remove my radar/dash cam because it was in the way of the parts they needed to remove and they didn’t want to damage them. I believe they said it was an evap core leak. They replaced all of that and it’s been good for about 7/8 months now. I’ve heard that a lot of dealerships aren’t mod friendly, but Long Lewis Ford in Hoover, Alabama didn’t give me any issues. Got the car back in 2 or 3 days.

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
It’s been a while since I got it fixed but I remember the compressor wouldn’t kick on and it would just blow warm air out of the vents. But I ended up getting it fixed under warranty like 3 days before my 3yr/36000 warranty expired. My car is heavily modified, Lund tune, supercharger, headers, 2 step and fuel system. The only trouble they gave me was I had to take the car back home the first time and remove my radar/dash cam because it was in the way of the parts they needed to remove and they didn’t want to damage them. I believe they said it was an evap core leak. They replaced all of that and it’s been good for about 7/8 months now. I’ve heard that a lot of dealerships aren’t mod friendly, but Long Lewis Ford in Hoover, Alabama didn’t give me any issues. Got the car back in 2 or 3 days.

Thanks for the info buddy.

Mine still seems fine, but I'm out of warranty. I just wondering what the price damage would be from the dealer to fix it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thanks for the info buddy.

Mine still seems fine, but I'm out of warranty. I just wondering what the price damage would be from the dealer to fix it.
@BlownGP

See the main evap thread that is a sticky up above on here - if you call Ford and tell them you’re dealing with the common S550 EVAP failure, they will work with you and discount your repair bill. Many M6G members who also were out of warranty have posted that Ford helped them and greatly reduced their Service Center repair bill.
Sponsored