Evap Core Replacement 2017 GT 30K Miles

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
Did about a 5 hour drive to family for the holidays. Had to use the defrost heavy due to weather. About 30 minutes out I start to get a whine that increases in pitch with rpms. Monday I trouble shoot and can directly tie noise to the on/off of the AC compressor. Take it to the local Ford Dealer and now they are replacing the evap core and going to retest. My car was manufactured after the previously mentioned problem date. I have just at 30k miles and 1 month left on warranty. Also noticed dampness on the driver's side floor but they think this is coming from the A-pillars??? I won't have time to have that looked at until I get home. Hopefully I get it back today or Thursday and can get on my way. Posting as these symptoms don't seem to be similar to other evap core replacements. Thoughts?
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Buy the Ford extended warranty.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
as novagt says, that is one of the main reasons I bought my extended warranty. And I will be using it soon as my drivers side heating and cooling is not working.

OP
OP

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
Update, best Ford service experience yet. Dropped car Monday morning for a Thursday appointment. Before I got back to folk's house the appointment had been moved up to Tuesday morning. Tuesday at about 9 AM was called and said evap core would be replaced. About 1 PM was called to come get car that it was ready. They replaced the evap core (did the TSB), tested, still had a noise so replaced the compressor as well. Also replaced the puddle lamps as they had gone blurry. Mentioned that the windsheild is leaking but as I have to get on my way we decided to wait till I get home for that (parts would take a week). Wish I had large dealerships like this back home, no hassel, polite, listened to me. Sucks that it happened to begin with but good recovery in my book.
Sponsored