Sponsored

Highest mileage and longest period with original evaporator core?

8borerifle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Mustang
63k miles living in Los Angeles and going strong still.
2015 Premium PP with 48,500 miles. no problems yet. Have 60,000 Ford bumper to bumper warranty, Not sure what I am going to do near the end of the warrenty
Sponsored

robb1320

robb1320
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt 300a Automatic Guard metallic
Vehicle Showcase
We only hear when people get evaporator problems but is there some dude with 60 or 80 thousand miles with the original a/c working? Are they all destined to fail? And BTW there is a guy here with 4 a/c repairs and only 17,000 miles with some having the evaporator go before 500 miles.
I officially have 78,330 and I am on the factory evaporator with zero issues

Sponsored

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a 2019 GT non premium, MT82. No evap core issues so far (35,000 miles) but my car has had the variation of fan speeds since brand new...goes up and down on its own.

Also of note, I had my passenger side axle and seal replaced under warranty a couple weeks ago when they noticed oil/grease leaking onto my exhaust right where axle met diff.

Sitting at dealer currently because I had a CEL flash at me yesterday on my way home (a first in any vehicle I’ve owned). Service advisor just came and told me that my car registered Misfire codes and in specific cylinders 2 and 5. Said they are going to check plugs and coils and go from there.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If I keep the AC button on 95% of the time, I should be fine right?
Even with the top down, in the snow, when temps are below 30*?

:crackup:sorry, had to do it based on your sig pic...

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Even with the top down, in the snow, when temps are below 30*?

:crackup:sorry, had to do it based on your sig pic...
Sometimes, it's become habit to always keep the AC button on, because with it off, the heat is too humid and fogs up the windows, but I read somewhere in this thread that if the AC is always on, that alone should prevent the evap core from failing since it's always being used?

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Sometimes, it's become habit to always keep the AC button on, because with it off, the heat is too humid and fogs up the windows, but I read somewhere in this thread that if the AC is always on, that alone should prevent the evap core from failing since it's always being used?
I don't think that will make a difference--My climate control stays in "Auto" with the A/C on virtually all the time. My evaporator failed at about 35,000 miles, replaced it myself.

Sponsored

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Limited Edition #1897
Lack of use allows seals to deteriorate leading to refrigerant loss.The core is nothing more than a radiator to collect heat. Then again I could be misinformed.

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Limited Edition #1897
I officially have 78,330 and I am on the factory evaporator with zero issues
296,000 miles 1996 F250 clutch changed at 295,000. I'd say 100,000 miles is just getting warmed up.

mh6073

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 1st/2nd prod blend ecboost pp
97,778 Miles no A/C issue (praying) since vehicle has hit 5 year mark, I will be getting the A/C recharged this year. Besides replacing the accessory belt. That is it 2015 Mustang Ecoboost purchased in Michigan, driven in Central Texas for 78,000 miles of its life. the last 20 have been back here... No issues

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
2016 GT - 42,000 miles and it just went out this spring. To be honest, it was never right from day 1, it just didn't cool like it should. I asked several different dealers to check it over the years and every time they would put gauges on it and go, well you're within spec so, sorry bud. But after it got fixed this year it actually cools like it's supposed to. So basically 5 different dealers were kicking me around for 4 years on the issue. This is why I do almost everything myself anymore. However, I didn't touch the AC because I pretty much planned on it going out eventually and I was afraid if I put my gauges on it they would see the dye around the valves and deny it for warranty.
Sponsored