Sponsored

Highest mileage and longest period with original evaporator core?

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
2016 GT - 42,000 miles and it just went out this spring. To be honest, it was never right from day 1, it just didn't cool like it should. I asked several different dealers to check it over the years and every time they would put gauges on it and go, well you're within spec so, sorry bud. But after it got fixed this year it actually cools like it's supposed to. So basically 5 different dealers were kicking me around for 4 years on the issue. This is why I do almost everything myself anymore. However, I didn't touch the AC because I pretty much planned on it going out eventually and I was afraid if I put my gauges on it they would see the dye around the valves and deny it for warranty.
Well that sucks, sorry to hear this. I was kinda relieved when mine went out with 6 months on the warranty 9k miles.
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Posted in the other thread but Ill post here too. 22K miles 2016 GT busted evap core Ford rep told me that the issue was noted but was super rare. So disappointing. My local dealers has f150s piled up with the same issue, done a couple mustangs as well..

Trptguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Updating at 113,000 with original evap core
Sponsored