Sponsored

Engine is done/seized - 2019 Bullitt

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
They're not going to rebuild an engine that had a catastrophic failure and blew metal particles throughout the rotating assembly. It's not worth the time or cost from a shop labor perspective, parts procurement perspective and it's a future risk as far as a warranty concern IF all debris is not removed from the block.

Ford Engineering is probably asking for the head removal and requiring additional images of the internal damages.

I'm with the rest of the consensus on here too - this is the first occurrence of a Bullitt failure I've seen and heard of (online).

We can speculate the "why", but I don't think this Bullitt failure will be similar to the current GT350 FSA, not with the OP's accrued mileage. Most of the GT350/350R and GT500 failures have occurred rather quickly - like literally within the first 100-3,000 miles of use.
Sponsored

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Assembly error after 12k miles?

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As other have said truly sorry to read this, hope they get you sorted out quickly and with good end results.

Sponsored

boostmark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS2, 2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 1998 E150
Could be a valve retainer. Have you ever seen one? They are tiny little half round metal pieces and one might have slipped though the hardening process. Could happen to any brand of motor. Look at Dodge having problems with lifters and cams. Hope they get it fixed for you.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
Ran into a GT350 on the road last week, he said he had his engine replaced at 13K miles...it may be similar issue.

DC-Imported

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Farhad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (JR564)
Ran into a GT350 on the road last week, he said he had his engine replaced at 13K miles...it may be similar issue.
That was my exact situation. 2018 R model ... engine gave out on the way home from work. I had tracked it a full weekend 6months prior with no issue. It was an odd experience, but warranty took care of everything.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm thinking detonation/LSPI given the timing of the failure and the destroyed piston. But who knows. That's probably why Ford wants to see the head, to make sure the valve train hadn't failed and caused this failure.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just curious - any updates?

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Will have an update tomorrow (May 4th).

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Not much details (not on the interesting side at least...).
The head has been opened, the shots have been provided to Ford, and Ford have acknowledged that the damage is beyond repair. Apparently they have asked to open the head not to check about the cause of the fault (that I imagine will be followed internally), but as a confirmation that the engine was effectively done and to be changed.
A new engine is already on its way (coming from Cologne, Germany), it seems the waiting will be less than what I believed initially, and hopefully I will have my car back in an acceptable amount of time (finger crossed).
So far there's no speculation of what have caused the damage, and if the engine will return to Ford I doubt I will ever know. Hopefully when I'll go back to the shop I will have more details from the mechanics.
I'm only disappointed about one thing: I did not get any info about the service car, neither from the local dealer, neither from Ford (that have initially told me that I would have been called back to arrange the free rental).

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Glad to hear that you will be taken care of properly.
Sponsored