Sponsored

Engine is done/seized - 2019 Bullitt

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Glad everything is repaired! Now get back to driving! :)
Sponsored

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Engine failure can happen at any time. 10k miles for me. I was driving my 17 GT at about 30 miles and lets just say I kept the bushing pictured below as a souvenier....the other half was turned into shards and into the oil it went...

Your lucky that you were stock and warranty covered it. Its a hefty price to pay when modded...

On the flipside, was able to drop in a Ford Performance Aluminator motor into it and shes been running great since!

1D8FDF06-AA11-4B48-9A00-5572DD34E3BF.jpeg

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
T350.
The odd part is not that isn't available as spare part (I know it is, at least in the USA), but that Ford Italy said it's not...!
I can buy it from a third party... but I wanna know why Ford doesn't supply it, ma
crazy isn't it. I bought 2 of them from Rock Auto in the USA and had them shipped to the UK for less than the price of a new aftermarket filter here. they are approx $25 each from Rock, including shipping + tax etc. came to approx $100 total.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
crazy isn't it. I bought 2 of them from Rock Auto in the USA and had them shipped to the UK for less than the price of a new aftermarket filter here. they are approx $25 each from Rock, including shipping + tax etc. came to approx $100 total.
In the end I bought it from Steeda EU (UK), it's the AIRAID one used by Ford Performance (the blue one) ...100€ for the Bullitt.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Engine failure can happen at any time. 10k miles for me. I was driving my 17 GT at about 30 miles and lets just say I kept the bushing pictured below as a souvenier....the other half was turned into shards and into the oil it went...

Your lucky that you were stock and warranty covered it. Its a hefty price to pay when modded...

On the flipside, was able to drop in a Ford Performance Aluminator motor into it and shes been running great since!

1D8FDF06-AA11-4B48-9A00-5572DD34E3BF.jpeg
True enough, and a gamble we accept for the thrill of the ride. Nasty main bearing right there.

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
Make sure that new engine registers oil on the dipstick before you even start it up. There was just a thread in the GT350 forum of another M6G member getting his GT350 back from a trans service. They were supposed to do an engine oil change as well. After getting home, Owner checked things and found the Service Center only put back 6Qts in a 10Qt system - and that engine dipstick read absolutely nothing....
jesus. how is that even possible 😬

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Anything is possible with poorly trained, underpaid, unmotivated workers.
i am just shocked to hear that someone like that would be allowed to get through and actually be around doing that. that is pretty bad...

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
At last service, so around 3,000 miles before. Also at the last service the oil level was OK (and I used it pretty the same driving style), so I don't think about an unusual oil consuption.
Before leaving the shop, there was two mechanics doing a preliminary inspection, they really did nothing, but I noticed they were checking the liquids for first and if I'm not wrong (i can't bet on it, as it was late and I had to leave) the oil level was OK... that is the reason of why I'm thinking about an oil pump failure, or something else that couldn't have been avoided.
The things have happened in a time frame of two minutes, while the car was going perfect, if it was about low oil level, maybe I would have some warns before (or not).
However the shop didn't come back to me today... :( so I have to wait another day for more info.
do the 19s take 8 quarts of oil? My 21 GT is 10 quarts. I remember seeing a thread where a US dealer did not put the correct amount of oil during routine oil change. You may want to ask or look at the receipt from your last maintenance.

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
do the 19s take 8 quarts of oil? My 21 GT is 10 quarts. I remember seeing a thread where a US dealer did not put the correct amount of oil during routine oil change. You may want to ask or look at the receipt from your last maintenance.
2018 was when they started using the gen 3 coyote. gen 3 coyote uses 10 qt, so anything 2018 or newer is 10 qt to my knowledge. someone please correct me if im wrong but i am pretty sure that is how it is.

after the switch from the 8-10 qt engines i can see the misunderstanding a little bit more, and some mistakenly using 8 instead of 10. still absolutely not excusable, however, IMO. check the damn vehicle you're working on...that goes for dealership or privately owned shop. while putting 8 qt in the 10qt engines is somewhat more understandable, it is still not at all acceptable in my book.

BULLITT480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
Concur with ice and aileron this is most likely a lspi issue. Other posssibilities could be as remote as an icu dictating a lean mixture to one cylinder or even poor quality gas.

lspi is such a serious issue that motor oils had to be reformulated world wide.

I think this is another reason ford switched to 5w 30 for 2021. the lighter oil is more likely to vaporize and vapors contribute to lspi.