Engine Immobilizer Lock - PATS?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
For anyone searching in the future the solution for me at least was to update the VIN’s in the ABS and RCM modules to match those from the PCM and BCM, then do a PCM module initialization. After this the Starter Block PID’s in the PCM reset to “no” and the PATSENABL PID reset from “disabled” to “enabled”. Engine fired right up afterwards.

I was pretty sure there would be a DTC when the PATS disabled the vehicle but that wasn’t the case. So definitely check the PATSENABL PID in the PCM if you suspect PATS is interfering with the start sequence, regardless of DTC’s.
Thank you for coming back and posting the solution, not many people do.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
Thank you for coming back and posting the solution, not many people do.
Of course. The number of dead end threads I found while researching this issue was immense so I wanted to be sure mine wasn't one of them. Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
For anyone searching in the future the solution for me at least was to update the VIN’s in the ABS and RCM modules to match those from the PCM and BCM, then do a PCM module initialization. After this the Starter Block PID’s in the PCM reset to “no” and the PATSENABL PID reset from “disabled” to “enabled”. Engine fired right up afterwards.

I was pretty sure there would be a DTC when the PATS disabled the vehicle but that wasn’t the case. So definitely check the PATSENABL PID in the PCM if you suspect PATS is interfering with the start sequence, regardless of DTC’s.
Excellent update and information for future reference - thanks!

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
This out to be a sticky. Too many people change or charge the battery and it’s still failing, when it’s the immobilizer system.

OP
OP

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
Also I realize I didn’t state that all the module programming I listed was done with Forscan.

Sponsored

MIKE MOORE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MIKE
Vehicle(s)
1956 OLDS 88

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to say thanks for posting the fix. I'm fighting a similar issue, no crank, no start when pushing the button. Waiting on my scan tool to get here and I'm going to try this before replacing any modules.

OP
OP

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
Good luck hope it works for you, please post up your results as well. I’ve wondered if this was just a solution for my scenario or one that can work for a number of situations.
Sponsored