mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Nice runs!

so what changed from last week? Just the PMAS air intake? New tune I assume to account for it. Is that all? That’s with headers. Any cats?

well done!

Modified PMAS 120mm CAI, Ford Racing Bullitt/Mach-1 Digital Throttle Body, Ported Ford Racing Throttle Body Adapter and, of course, a tune adjustment.

My exhaust is Pypes Step-Up style Long Tubes, no cats, H-Pipe Resonator Delete, and stock mufflers...
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Modified PMAS 120mm CAI, Ford Racing Bullitt/Mach-1 Digital Throttle Body, Ported Ford Racing Throttle Body Adapter and, of course, a tune adjustment.

My exhaust is Pypes Step-Up style Long Tubes, no cats, H-Pipe Resonator Delete, and stock mufflers...
3.25" pulley? Can't really tell but is this AFR at eh bottom? Did you run any Octane booster?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
So you picked up 28~ whp with the TB and PMAS and tune adjustment for the MAF. Did they add any timing or basically just adjusted for the new MAF?

that’s a nice gain! Not to mention the surging is gone.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
3.25" pulley? Can't really tell but is this AFR at eh bottom? Did you run any Octane booster?

Yes, AFR is at the bottom. Sorry for the small font. I did put a 15oz bottle of Lucas Octane Booster in a full tank of 91 just to be on the safe side. More concerned about pre-detonation than horsepower increase for dyno runs. The chart I use indicates an estimated final octane somewhere between 97 and 98...

20240125_135009.jpg
20240125_135052.jpg

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
So you picked up 28~ whp with the TB and PMAS and tune adjustment for the MAF. Did they add any timing or basically just adjusted for the new MAF?

that’s a nice gain! Not to mention the surging is gone.

Just the PMAS and the 87mm TB. The tuning adjustment was just for that, not more timing. Remember, what probably woke that TB up so much was having the adapter ported to take full advantage of the entire 87mm...

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes, AFR is at the bottom. Sorry for the small font. I did put a 15oz bottle of Lucas Octane Booster in a full tank of 91 just to be on the safe side. More concerned about pre-detonation than horsepower increase for dyno runs. The chart I use indicates an estimated final octane somewhere between 97 and 98...

20240125_135009.jpg
20240125_135052.jpg
I was curious because you got fairly close to 12, I run water/meth and leaned out to 12.
it's good to see the results are nearly the same: very predictable results.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the 103mm throttle body from Soler Performance through Teegan Brooks, who was very helpful. With their 5% discount, my out-the-door cost was $486.86. Soler said that they would ensure that their TB would fit the snout on my Eddy 2650 at no extra cost.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the dimensions to the snout opening, including bolt pattern arrangement? I'm a stage-1 guy and it appears that Edelbrock's in-house brand of 103mm TB bolts directly up to the snout with no adapter. Is that a correct assumption, on my part?

Thank you to all the subscribers of this thread that have helped me and others so much. I've tried to do the same with some of my posts. This TB should get me over 700rwhp on 91. I'm at 697 now using an 87mm TB and 120mm open element CAI...

Last edited:

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I ordered the 103mm throttle body from Soler Performance through Teegan Brooks, who was very helpful. With their 5% discount, my out-the-door cost was $486.86. Soler said that they would ensure that their TB would fit the snout on my Eddy 2650 at no extra cost.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the dimensions to the snout opening, including bolt pattern arrangement? I'm a stage-1 guy and it appears that Edelbrock's in-house brand of 103mm TB bolts directly up to the snout with no adapter. Is that a correct assumption, on my part?

Thank you to all the subscribers of this thread that have helped me and others so much. I've tried to do the same with some of my posts. This TB should get me over 700rwhp on 91. I'm at 697 now using an 87mm TB and 120mm open element CAI...
It doesn't, you need the competition airbox kit from Edelbrock for another 500 USD or so. it's in there and that's the only place it is available.

I did mine in late July with ambients of 101, weather makes a big difference. you should go above 700

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't, you need the competition airbox kit from Edelbrock for another 500 USD or so. it's in there and that's the only place it is available.

I did mine in late July with ambients of 101, weather makes a big difference. you should go above 700

Soler said that they would either make the adapter or custom drill the base of a blank 103 to fit. No extra charge. I think they have access to a 2650 like ours for doing that. If not, I'll just measure it myself. Fingers crossed...

Last edited:

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Soler said that they would either make the adapter or custom drill the base of a blank 103 to fit. No extra charge. I think they have access to a 2650 like ours for doing that. If not, I'll just measure it myself. Fingers crossed...
Essentially what you can do if they are willing to cast you a TB with the adapter installed is to take a peice of paper, Pencil over the snout area with the 4 bolts. It is SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than the 103mm TB, they would need to either
"A" cast or CNC an adapter that is identical to EBs unit (I think these are GM style TBs)
or
"B" have the mold for the rear of the TB fit the 2650 directly.

Sponsored

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Essentially what you can do if they are willing to cast you a TB with the adapter installed is to take a peice of paper, Pencil over the snout area with the 4 bolts. It is SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than the 103mm TB, they would need to either
"A" cast or CNC an adapter that is identical to EBs unit (I think these are GM style TBs)
or
"B" have the mold for the rear of the TB fit the 2650 directly.

It's my understanding that one of those solutions have been implemented. I'll try to find out which one...

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I've got a full kit P/N 158380 purchased from Evolution with a CNC ported head unit by Kong Performance, everything new in unopened boxes except for the head unit which Kong repackaged for return shipping. I've been on the fence about actually doing this install or staying N/A and I'm leaning towards selling the kit since my focus is on track days not drag racing.

It looks like this kit is over $8k now, so I'm not sure how to price this up. The CNC porting was $1400. Also have a 3.25" Griptec pulley I'll throw in. Again, everything is unused, uninstalled, new in box.

So that's about $9600 in today's money before tax. I could probably let it go for $8k if anyone is interested.

Located in SE Virginia.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've got a full kit P/N 158380 purchased from Evolution with a CNC ported head unit by Kong Performance, everything new in unopened boxes except for the head unit which Kong repackaged for return shipping. I've been on the fence about actually doing this install or staying N/A and I'm leaning towards selling the kit since my focus is on track days not drag racing.

It looks like this kit is over $8k now, so I'm not sure how to price this up. The CNC porting was $1400. Also have a 3.25" Griptec pulley I'll throw in. Again, everything is unused, uninstalled, new in box.

So that's about $9600 in today's money before tax. I could probably let it go for $8k if anyone is interested.

Located in SE Virginia.
shit i would install that thing, you're not on the track more than you're just regular driving it!

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yeah that's my dilemma. I'm going to want to upgrade my fuel system too, which is just more money, but I'm already in pretty deep so why not.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah that's my dilemma. I'm going to want to upgrade my fuel system too, which is just more money, but I'm already in pretty deep so why not.
honestly you can make 700 wheel with a stock fuel system + injectors and a boost a pump.
I would not exceed that on pump unless you are on the e, and I wouldn't exceed 900 unless you don't care if your engine takes a shit.

thems a whole lot of numbers in between. you can probably just throw a bap at it until you're ready for 4 digit power. I have a jms that I am removing from the whip.... PM me if you're interested. it's plug and play.
Sponsored