Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Quick question. I meant to ask a while ago, and was just reminded by a few threads about the intercooler pumps.

Odd characteristic. Sometimes when I shut the car off, the intercooler pump stays on for a couple minutes as it’s supposed to. And then sometimes when I shut the car off, the pump turns off right away and doesn’t stay on.

Inconsistent I guess. It’s never been an issue but I’m not sure why it stays on sometimes and at other times it turns off.

Any ideas? Anyone experience this?

Forgot to add... I’m looking for a 2.90 Griptec 6 rib pulley if anyone has one they want to sell...

Thanks!
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Quick question. I meant to ask a while ago, and was just reminded by a few threads about the intercooler pumps.

Odd characteristic. Sometimes when I shut the car off, the intercooler pump stays on for a couple minutes as it’s supposed to. And then sometimes when I shut the car off, the pump turns off right away and doesn’t stay on.

Inconsistent I guess. It’s never been an issue but I’m not sure why it stays on sometimes and at other times it turns off.

Any ideas? Anyone experience this?

Forgot to add... I’m looking for a 2.90 Griptec 6 rib pulley if anyone has one they want to sell...

Thanks!
I'm not sure. I did notice the longer I drive it the longer the pump stays on.
Or if I flog it and then shut down quick the pump stays on longer

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Interesting. Wonder if it’s reading a certain temperature and if over that it stays on. If under that it turns off? Any idea?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Interesting. Wonder if it’s reading a certain temperature and if over that it stays on. If under that it turns off? Any idea?
not sure how it's done. I also have an aftermarket tune so ....

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
No exactly. I’m tuned by Lund.

I don’t believe there’s any sensors in that closed system. But if you’re experiencing longer run times at certain times and I’m experiencing run times and then no run times, it’s inconsistent and sporadic. Higher coolant temp such as after running it hard and you’re experiencing a longer run time makes sense.

Obviously a very small sample size lol.

Has anyone else here noticed inconsistent intercooler run times after shutting the car off?

Does yours stay on for a couple minutes EVERY TIME? Does it turn off when you turn the car off EVERY TIME? Or is somewhere in the middle lol.

Thanks for your info!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
No exactly. I’m tuned by Lund.

I don’t believe there’s any sensors in that closed system. But if you’re experiencing longer run times at certain times and I’m experiencing run times and then no run times, it’s inconsistent and sporadic. Higher coolant temp such as after running it hard and you’re experiencing a longer run time makes sense.

Obviously a very small sample size lol.

Has anyone else here noticed inconsistent intercooler run times after shutting the car off?

Does yours stay on for a couple minutes EVERY TIME? Does it turn off when you turn the car off EVERY TIME? Or is somewhere in the middle lol.

Thanks for your info!!

I've noticed mine to be inconsistent. I always just assumed it was outdoor temp related because it seems to stay on longer when it's warmer. It would make sense since it's wired to the egr.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Nice to see it’s inconsistent with someone else as well!

Never thought of the egr factor.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've noticed mine to be inconsistent. I always just assumed it was outdoor temp related because it seems to stay on longer when it's warmer. It would make sense since it's wired to the egr.
Well does the EGR work when the car is cold and you walk up?
I only hear the HE Pump then nothing else.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I'm not sure. I did notice the longer I drive it the longer the pump stays on.
Or if I flog it and then shut down quick the pump stays on longer
It stays on based on the heat of the engine and outside temp I believe. Totally normal operation. Don’t think about it. Ask your speed shop if you’re that concerned. But it’s normal.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
It stays on based on the heat of the engine and outside temp I believe. Totally normal operation. Don’t think about it. Ask your speed shop if you’re that concerned. But it’s normal.
Not concerned one bit. Runs like a champ...

Just was something that I found odd and wondered what others were experiencing.

The temp thing makes sense though. I wonder how it knows though... I guess the way it’s tied into the electronics. I wonder if there’s a breakdown of when it stays on and for how long or when it turns off when the car turns off.

Sponsored

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
It's wired in to the evap system it runs longer if the fuel tank is less full and shorter after a fill-up.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
It's wired in to the evap system it runs longer if the fuel tank is less full and shorter after a fill-up.
Interesting!

So when I fill up before going home the pump won’t stay on. But if I’m low it will.

I’m going to text that theory in the spring if it ever comes.

Is this your experience or what you know is true?

Thanks for that!!

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
Interesting!

So when I fill up before going home the pump won’t stay on. But if I’m low it will.

I’m going to text that theory in the spring if it ever comes.

Is this your experience or what you know is true?

Thanks for that!!

When the tank is full there is less room for vapor so the purge valve doesn't stay powered up as long. The opposite happens with an empty tank.

If you look on the left side of the engine under the cover there is the purge valve for the evap system. The Edelbrock system uses a jumper harness from there to supply signal to the pump relay.

The duration the pump stays on is based on tank level and possibly ambient temp?

I have tested it.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
When the tank is full there is less room for vapor so the purge valve doesn't stay powered up as long. The opposite happens with an empty tank.

If you look on the left side of the engine under the cover there is the purge valve for the evap system. The Edelbrock system uses a jumper harness from there to supply signal to the pump relay.

The duration the pump stays on is based on tank level and possibly ambient temp?

I have tested it.
Thank you for the explanation!

Makes sense now if it’s taking power from the evap system and the evap is programmed to run that way, the pump will as well.

So inconsistent is normal lol.

Never been concerned with it and figured there was some explanation. So when I saw a few posts about pumps staying on etc, it reminded me to ask...

Now we all know. Just reinforced a non-problem that I don’t have lol.

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys quick question, not sure if this has already been asked before but I just don’t have it in me to read through 123 pages of this thread lol. Are there any options for CAI other than the edelbrock one that HAS TO be paired with their thousand dollar throttle body? My goal isn’t huge power here I just want to get a little more umph out of her and hear the whine a little bit more. Mostly the whine though so any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks all!
Sponsored