Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My Edelbrock Stage 2 on my 2017 PP has been awesome so far. Unfortunately, on morning startup it has started to have an issue and will stall if I don't give it gas. Has anyone else had this issue?
Check to make sure the air-cleaner hasn’t fallen off. The dirty MAF signal this produces will cause stalling.
I‘d start there.
Sponsored

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Check to make sure the air-cleaner hasn’t fallen off. The dirty MAF signal this produces will cause stalling.
I‘d start there.
I'll look at it this morning.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I‘d start there.
Thanks Man, that was it! LOL A simple fix for a change...

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My filter also fell off of the horn where it clamps on...sheesh....
Going to have to keep checking it. It's an Airraid filter assembly, so I'm not sure what the issue is with it.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I‘d start there.
Did that, and while that helped, still having issues. Went thru everything I could reach and tightened/checked clamps. Added some clamps to any of the vacuum hoses I could easily get to.

Still having problems, and the stalling on that first start is getting worse, including this morning. Much cursing.

Last edited:

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
Hey guys, I want to thank those three members that bought tanks from me:
@jfccac , @brianbr , @carguy231

Special Thanks to john and brian both for hanging in there with me.
No problem, glad I could help. After a few minor tweaks it really does work well. No leaks and it fits good just by flipping the bracket.

Sponsored

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Did that, and while that helped, still having issues. Went thru everything I could reach and tightened/checked clamps. Added some clamps to any of the vacuum hoses I could easily get to.

Still having problems, and the stalling on that first start is getting worse, including this morning. Much cursing.
Bump. This is really irritating me.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Going to have to keep checking it. It's an Airraid filter assembly, so I'm not sure what the issue is with it.
The issue is the the filter and box are Airaid, but the MAF housing is from Edelbrock. They failed to put a lip on the part where the clamp goes, meaning it can slide off semi-easily. The solution is tension. Lots of it.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
As of now I only have one more to sell the last one I am keeping for myself. If anyone is interested it is still 150 USD shipped.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The issue is the the filter and box are Airaid, but the MAF housing is from Edelbrock. They failed to put a lip on the part where the clamp goes, meaning it can slide off semi-easily. The solution is tension. Lots of it.
No, the filter clamp is extremely tight so there is something else wrong. I understand that on the Whipple kits there are spots that experienced installers put RTV/silicone to prevent air leaks that are NOT mentioned in the instructions.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No, the filter clamp is extremely tight so there is something else wrong. I understand that on the Whipple kits there are spots that experienced installers put RTV/silicone to prevent air leaks that are NOT mentioned in the instructions.
My apologies. I mistook your comment.
You may well have a vacuum leak.
If you can do some logs you may be able to make some observations.
Failing that, a can of aerostart is your friend, or smoke testing.
Sponsored