Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Does PBD alter the shift pressures etc on the 6R80? I currently have Lund NA and his shifting is great!

I’m still in the debate between PBD or Lund for my EB.

Burkey’s done the testing... toss up. Smoother or a little more aggressive?

I want smooth. But I also want the little bit extra aggression. BUT, I really like the firmer shifts!
I, for one, have no idea what PBD does with respect to automatics in their tunes. My Normal mode had noticeably firmer shifts with PBD, both NA and FI. Still, most tuners won't give up their trade secrets for their tune programming...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wiggs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Does PBD alter the shift pressures etc on the 6R80? I currently have Lund NA and his shifting is great!

I’m still in the debate between PBD or Lund for my EB.

Burkey’s done the testing... toss up. Smoother or a little more aggressive?

I want smooth. But I also want the little bit extra aggression. BUT, I really like the firmer shifts!
Just get a Lund tune and be done. The knowledge and experience you get with them shows.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm using the UPR you mentioned. Clean install as you can see in the picture. At least it looks impressive.

I have no idea how well it's working though. Palm Beach Dyno can't seem to get my part throttle jerking/bucking fixed and they have stopped responding to my emails. I spend so much of my time on the car data logging and installing new tune versions that I don't have time to bother with anything else...
73159914_10220702751096380_3128208059600470016_o.jpg
Same. We got to something like 14 revisions and it’s still not “perfect” but falls into the “acceptable but only just” category.
On another note, my car has developed a vacuum leak (yay) and the car is literally impossible to drive on PBD tune in this condition whilst I can get away with it on Lund tune.
The difference being a tune that’s almost perfect being able to cope with it while the other just can’t.

Last edited:

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Same. We got to something like 14 revisions and it’s still not “perfect” but falls into the “acceptable but only just” category.
On another note, my car has developed a vacuum leak (yay) and the car is literally impossible to drive on PBD tune in this condition whilst I can get sway with it on Lund.
The difference being a tune that’s almost perfect being able to cope with it while the other just can’t.
Curious where the vac leak is at when you find it.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Curious where the vac leak is at when you find it.
Same. I’ve done some fairly basic checks with no results so far. Gonna have to get a little more serious with it. :punch:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Same. I’ve done some fairly basic checks with no results so far. Gonna have to get a little more serious with it. :punch:
My money’s on your spacers. Keep us posted man. I didn’t crank the hell out of them like @ForYourOwnGood, but they got a couple uggaduggas with my quarter inch.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Could you share with me all of the routines you will use to isolate your vacuum leaks? I plan on doing the same, just to rule it out, even though my local tuner said that it was in the tune...

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I smoke tested mine when I noticed all the issues with my tuning. So I can rule out a vac/air leak. Smoke test is probably the easiest way to track it down if there is indeed an air leak.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
My car is a 16GT

Edelbrock CAI
Where can this be found? All i am seeing on their site is Airade, JLT, Steeda and aFe.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Could you share with me all of the routines you will use to isolate your vacuum leaks? I plan on doing the same, just to rule it out, even though my local tuner said that it was in the tune...
I guess the idea is to keep it simple to start with, checking the obvious things like perished hoses, correct function of purge valve, no leaks at catch can etc.
I tried spraying Aerostart around all the relevant fittings/areas with no joy. Propane would be a better bet but I don’t have access at the moment. I also tried removing and capping off non-essential hoses to see if there was any change.
Something else that can be pretty handy is looking at the logs. That way you can see if the issue is global or bank specific.
In my case, I can see the AFR varying from bank to bank by as much as 10%. At first I thought this might indicate a bad O2 sensor but upon looking a little harder, it really shows that it’s far more likely to be a leak on one side. The fact that the leak “seems” to improve with engine temp also correlates with the possibility of the manifold coming loose.
I’ll grab some propane and try and get it in and around the inlet ports, see what happens next.

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Mustang GT
Just got my car dynoed this weekend. Thought others would like to see numbers. Tires were spinning on the dyno first run. But I’m fairly happy with the results given the mods. If I went with long tubes no cats and dropped a pulley size, this combo would be good well over 700rwhp.
C88E1F41-B322-4CFE-B024-ED6F89781CCC.jpeg

Edelbrock 2300 blower stage 2 (90mm throttle body, dw400 pump)
Still has stock pulley/belt 6rib
DW 95lb injectors
VMP BAP
E85
Stock headers/cats
PBD Tune
Sponsored