Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Ok, I may also be wrong about the '15-'17 Stage2 Airbox Kit. I only see part# 15868 for a '15-'17 "Competition Air Intake Kit" for $499. I'm assuming that's for an NA car only?

The Stage2 Airbox Kit that I previously referenced is part# 15882, but it's for the '11-'14 model years at $472.95.

The only upgrade for '18-'20 Stage1 kits is the "Edelbrock Stg 2 Supercharger Upgrade" kit, part# 15883, for $3,799.87 that also includes injectors, BAP, TB, Pulleys and 8-rib upgrade.

Sorry for the confusion...
Yeah, as much as I want the bigger TB and air intake system, I don't really need the 8-rib setup, injector, or bap. Guess I will just cross that bridge when the time comes.
Sponsored

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Mustang GT
U may have had PBD tune your car for E85 a while ago but again I don’t believe they will do it NOW without a return system for anyone
Could be true. Final revision was at the beginning of October.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a tech question sent to PBD to see if Rob still does it, I’m curious if the still do it too

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well, for what it's worth, Edelbrock informed me that they don't sell the S550 Stage2 Airbox kit separately for the '18-'20 model years, only the '15-'17. Edelbrock Sales told me that I could get all of the relevant part #'s from Edelbrock Tech and Sales would order all of them for me so that I could build the airbox myself. FYI...

Could you explain this process? I was interested in getting the airbox ,MAF & throttle body.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
According to PBD they will tune a E85 fueled boosted Mustang as long as u run a DW400/JMS BOP & ID1050x but I believe with no more than 10-11lbs

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
According to PBD they will tune a E85 fueled boosted Mustang as long as u run a DW400/JMS BOP & ID1050x but I believe with no more than 10-11lbs
How specific was he on the combo? Eg. Could you use a different BAP?
I’m still waiting for my reply.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Very sketchy, it was one of the tech guys answering me via the info@pbdyno

I would talk to Rob before doing anything

Last edited:

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rob told me any BAP would work as long as it boosted to 18+ volts and hooked up to the DW400 fuel pump. PBD have their own BAP as well. I went with VMP because it was on sale at the time and plug n play was super easy to setup. JMS requires more wiring because I believe it’s controlled via throttle position and can boost to 22 volts. Definitely agree, talk to Rob before you do anything. Listen to your tuner. :like:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Very sketchy, it was one of the tech guys answering me via the info@pbdyno

I was talk to Rob before doing anything
Yeah, figured as much. Just trying to work out if DW400/Kenne Bell BAP/DW95s will fit the bill.
No plans on swapping injectors given the highly sporadic use I have for e85
A brand new Kenne Bell PnP BAP came up at then price so I had to pull the trigger regardless. Half price is half price :clap:
Also unsure of my “actual” boost. Edelbrock seem to think 11-12psi (3.25” 2650)

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Starting to shop for injectors, I absolutely dread taking these rails off again given how much trouble I had getting them to install leak free the first time. So I only want to do this one more time.

Is anyone running a 2-piece injector like the IDs on the Edelbrock? I saw some people were having leaking issues with the ID's since the way the Edelbrock rails mount and pull to the side of the blower vs being bolted straight down, which causes the injector to leak.

Wondering if I should just do a 1-pc injector, but not sure if the FIC or DW injectors are 1-pc for ~1000cc

Sponsored

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Starting to shop for injectors, I absolutely dread taking these rails off again given how much trouble I had getting them to install leak free the first time. So I only want to do this one more time.

Is anyone running a 2-piece injector like the IDs on the Edelbrock? I saw some people were having leaking issues with the ID's since the way the Edelbrock rails mount and pull to the side of the blower vs being bolted straight down, which causes the injector to leak.

Wondering if I should just do a 1-pc injector, but not sure if the FIC or DW injectors are 1-pc for ~1000cc
When I started looking for injectors I ran into the same question. I could not find any one piece injectors for our required size. They are all short with extenders to fit the injector length for our mustangs. One word of advice, they usually come with clips that hold the two pieces together, remove them before you install into the fuel rail. I ran into an issue where they were leaking because I left them on and tightening the fuel rails would push the clips against the blower and cause the mid section to split. So while it wasn’t leaking at the top or bottom of the injector, it would leak from the middle. Still think they were the hardest part of the install. But after removing the clips and not over tightening the fuel rails, they sealed and haven’t had issues since.

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
I have 72lb whipple injectors on mine. There 48mm with top hats to make the 60mm.

no leaks so far.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

I’m running DW95s (2 piece of course), no dramas.
Pro tip for install: push the caps into the rail, injectors into the manifold, THEN push the rail down onto the injectors. Reason being, the caps are a DAMN tight fit into the rail, whereas the injectors slip into the caps much more easily. You’ll struggle to line everything up/exert enough pressure if you try and do it any other way. Not that’s it’s impossible the other way, but why make a simple job more difficult?

zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Over thanksgiving break I installed a DW400, BAP & ID 1050X's. The ID's have the billet injector height adapters that have no clips on the bottom of the injector. There was absolutely zero chance of installing these injectors with the stock mounting holes in the Edelbrock rails. The ID injectors must be slightly taller than the 47lb I removed? With the rails compressed on the injectors I was still only able to see half of the threaded hole in the supercharger (Small telescoping mirror is a time saver if you don't have one). I ended up putting the rails in a mill here at work and slotted the mounting holes which allowed me to get the cap screws started and then compress the injectors and tighten. I did not remove the clips for the top hats on the ID injectors, I did remove the orientation clips that come with the Edelbrock rails.

One tip that worked for me was to zip tie all coolant and wire harnesses as far out of the way as you can get them (Still cut the shit out of my hands but gives a little more room to work). I also seated the height adapters in the lower intake first, then mounted the injectors all in the rail, lubed the height adapters and once all were aligned the injectors slid right into the adapters. Have no leaks so far, time to get it re-tuned with the 3.25 upper and e85.

2019-12-05_14-10-53.jpg

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Over thanksgiving break I installed a DW400, BAP & ID 1050X's. The ID's have the billet injector height adapters that have no clips on the bottom of the injector. There was absolutely zero chance of installing these injectors with the stock mounting holes in the Edelbrock rails. The ID injectors must be slightly taller than the 47lb I removed? With the rails compressed on the injectors I was still only able to see half of the threaded hole in the supercharger (Small telescoping mirror is a time saver if you don't have one). I ended up putting the rails in a mill here at work and slotted the mounting holes which allowed me to get the cap screws started and then compress the injectors and tighten. I did not remove the clips for the top hats on the ID injectors, I did remove the orientation clips that come with the Edelbrock rails.

One tip that worked for me was to zip tie all coolant and wire harnesses as far out of the way as you can get them (Still cut the shit out of my hands but gives a little more room to work). I also seated the height adapters in the lower intake first, then mounted the injectors all in the rail, lubed the height adapters and once all were aligned the injectors slid right into the adapters. Have no leaks so far, time to get it re-tuned with the 3.25 upper and e85.

2019-12-05_14-10-53.jpg
I’m no expert on injectors so I could be wrong here, but...
My understanding is that you want the height adaptor fitted at the top, not the bottom because you want the injector nozzle mounted at a specific height in the manifold....
Anyone?
Sponsored