Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've thought about doing the same thing, but with a 3.5 (2650) for winter driving. Is there a chart somewhere that shows boost vs pulley size? Does changing it require a retune?
This is straight from Edelbrock.
Just keep in mind that boost will be slightly lower with a smaller TB.
7A968EA9-D224-4A40-86D1-AAD9261A0DC1.jpeg
Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
So it looks like the 3" pulley w/817 belt combo is the smallest we can do on the 6 rib, this makes 12psi if you have long tubes. I swapped the 69mm pulley on along with a green 812 belt and while everything fit good and belt was night and tight, the set up still slipped bad. I saw peak a peak of 13psi but this was short-lived as the boost would drop anywhere from 8-12 psi through the same pull.

There is just not enough belt wrap on this small of a pulley. I think it would be possible to run if someone made a bracket to move the idler up close to the blower pulley, sort of how the Hasty bracket works, but I'm not going to bother. Will just stay on the 3" and get the 8-rib set up when I want to run more boost.

243E0A7B-A32A-4F1F-A891-952F6A73BF0C.JPG

This is correct, the 2.75" does not have enough wrap, I just finished testing it and 3" is the smallest you can go on the 6 rib set up

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Still good, I think I'm going to do the Watson battery relocation along with their ice tank that goes where the battery went, I want to try and get more water into the system
Dude we are all so grateful for the experimenting you do man seriously thank you so much for sharing...I'd love to do both...
I thought I was gonna be forced to do a rear tanks and God knows what this following summer

Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Has anyone done a killer chiller setup?
I was misinformed I didnt think it worked well with our compressor design but if coyote car guy continues to have success with his that's certainly on the list of choices this spring....

That's why I am so glad Kona18 is testing larger HE and remote reservoir because I mean I want the least complex system for good cooling....I'm not looking to set records or run a number but I'm going on my 3rd long block I just want to protect it during summer and burn tires now and then....so I'm probably interested for a bit different reasons than most....reduction for the need of KR on a stock tune hehe ET be damned

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @Burkey. Did they happen to give you torque specs for installing the pulleys?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Thanks @Burkey. Did they happen to give you torque specs for installing the pulleys?
I was to say it was like 81 inch lbs with red loctite. I stopped doing that shit after the 3rd swap, those grade 2 chinesium 5mm allen bolts are trash and you'll spin the head right off of them pretty easy.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
2 ugga duggas from my cordless impact is tight enough, I've swapped them out quite a few times too
:cwl: I just had to explain what an ugga dugga was to my neighbor when I was helping him replace the endlinks on his wife's car. The look on his face was priceless.

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
So guys using edelbrock stage 2 kit with their tune just found out my cylinder 3 compression is low. Not really sure if they are gonna cover it either person was not at desk and said I should email all info to him and calibration team. Is there any inexpensive way to fix this with out buying a new motor

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
So guys using edelbrock stage 2 kit with their tune just found out my cylinder 3 compression is low. Not really sure if they are gonna cover it either person was not at desk and said I should email all info to him and calibration team. Is there any inexpensive way to fix this with out buying a new motor
What led you to check the compression, knock and trims?

Was your stage 2 kit installed by a certified mechanic? Only way they will consider a warranty claim.
Sponsored