Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
The intercooler pump has to have fluid in it to run. I had the same problem. The pump would run until it drained the reservoir tank then stopped. Just keep adding coolant to the tank when first turned on to keep the pump primed.
Why am I the only one that thought of taking the terminal off the fuse box and touching it to the stud when I wanted it to run lol

Who wants to run back and forth when you can just stand right there.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Why am I the only one that thought of taking the terminal off the fuse box and touching it to the stud when I wanted it to run lol

That’s exactly what I was thinking...

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang

It's not about power, even if you hit the p ump with direct 12v, if it runs dry it would turn itself off, it's a smart pump that know when it's dry and automatically turns itself off, even if you were sending direct 12v to it. It's the same pump almost all SC manf, have moved towards, Edelbrock, Whipple, Magnuson, most of them now use the Varimax pump bc it flows really good and doesn't break the bank.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's not about power, even if you hit the p ump with direct 12v, if it runs dry it would turn itself off, it's a smart pump that know when it's dry and automatically turns itself off, even if you were sending direct 12v to it. It's the same pump almost all SC manf, have moved towards, Edelbrock, Whipple, Magnuson, most of them now use the Varimax pump bc it flows really good and doesn't break the bank.
I think the point being made is that accessories will remain powered up for quite some time.
The pump needs a power cycle to reset (presumably) Ergo, initiate accessories, dab power lead to stud, pump runs until dry, remove lead, fill reservoir, dab power again, repeat, repeat.
No need to go back to the cabin to press the button with your dirty hands.
I’ll be testing the theory shortly.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Burkey get a move on man! Whipple was my second choice and I’m interested to see your thoughts on the direct comparison!

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Mine never ran dry, took 3 minutes to fill. I poured with one hand and held the terminal with the other. Most of the time was refilling the small bottle I used so I didn't have to try and pour with the full gallon. You just let off when it gets to the bottom of the res and it's good to go.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Burkey get a move on man! Whipple was my second choice and I’m interested to see your thoughts on the direct comparison!
I’m working on it!!!
Couple of obstacles to overcome first....
My phenolic spacers haven’t arrived yet and neither has the tune. So, I can’t fit the actual blower and even if I could, I can’t drive it :headbang:
Once that’s all done, I’ll probably have to order a new belt to allow for the new route length with the phenolic spacers under the blower...:crazy:
Oh, and my UPR catch can is gonna need a re-work because Edelbrock decided to use that real estate to fit the IC reservoir.
Other than all of that, it’s going great :rockon:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For those who haven’t seen the 103mm TB up close and personal.

@Edelbrock Tech would you like to explain it better than I did?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I’m working on it!!!
Couple of obstacles to overcome first....
My phenolic spacers haven’t arrived yet and neither has the tune. So, I can’t fit the actual blower and even if I could, I can’t drive it :headbang:
Once that’s all done, I’ll probably have to order a new belt to allow for the new route length with the phenolic spacers under the blower...:crazy:
Oh, and my UPR catch can is gonna need a re-work because Edelbrock decided to use that real estate to fit the IC reservoir.
Other than all of that, it’s going great :rockon:
You're gonna want to be careful with those spacers the back of the blower is very very close to the hood. I had to take my blanket off it was tearing it up pretty bad.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You're gonna want to be careful with those spacers the back of the blower is very very close to the hood. I had to take my blanket off it was tearing it up pretty bad.
Yeah, I figured it was going to be tight. It’s actually even worse on RHD vehicles because the bulkhead is shaped very differently. We have to trim the whole area at the rear just to make it fit in standard form. Fortunately, my engine is lowered so I might get away with it.
I was hoping to be able to retain the blanket but if it has to go, it has to go. Cheers

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Yeah, I figured it was going to be tight. It’s actually even worse on RHD vehicles because the bulkhead is shaped very differently. We have to trim the whole area at the rear just to make it fit in standard form. Fortunately, my engine is lowered so I might get away with it.
I was hoping to be able to retain the blanket but if it has to go, it has to go. Cheers
No big deal if it goes, you'll have the cool horse logo when you open it up then!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
Any one interested in a UPR catch can specifically for the Edelbrock E-Force let me know. I accidentally ordered two. Tried to use both but that didn't work. Went with just one on the passenger side and all is well. Works too, today I changed oil and there was about a quarter cup of oil in the catch can. It has been unboxed but otherwise like new. I will let it go for 100.00 plus shipping.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For those who’ve installed one of these, do you get some sort of medal/trophy/participation award when you’ve made the fuel rails fit?
Sponsored