Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
I’d check it with a multimeter for absolute clarity before making too many assumptions.
Bit yes, depending on the construction of the battery, you’d typically expect a half charged battery to present somewhere near 12.2 -12.4 volts (again, this is just from memory.

Might even pay to have a pro look at it and test it thoroughly. No load voltage is only one indicator of health.
The battery actually plays a role here, regardless of the alternator.

I‘d be getting it looked at if for no other reason than to exclude it as a possible cause. Could save you some headaches.
Just checked with multimeter at battery, completely cold state is 12.06v and dash read 11.3v
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just checked with multimeter at battery, completely cold state is 12.06v and dash read 11.3v
Don’t take this as gospel. The battery construction plays a role here. I’m assuming you’re still on the original battery?
If so, there’s a good chance she’s on the way out. Winter weather is just highlighting the issue for you.

3566C68B-66C7-4036-AEB8-4DC7AC3DBD13.jpeg

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Don’t take this as gospel. The battery construction plays a role here. I’m assuming you’re still on the original battery?
If so, there’s a good chance she’s on the way out. Winter weather is just highlighting the issue for you.

3566C68B-66C7-4036-AEB8-4DC7AC3DBD13.jpeg
Thanks Burkey I’ll just grab a new one to rule out it being an issue. I’ve had same battery since 9k km now at 35k km.
Should I stay away from direct Ford replacement battery?

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
Thanks Burkey I’ll just grab a new one to rule out it being an issue. I’ve had same battery since 9k km now at 35k km.
Check and clean your battery grounds at the passenger side strut tower.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would avoid it personally. Go have a chat with a battery guy. A few extra cranking amps is rarely a bad thing.

My car was daily driven for 4 years. Started perfectly each time. Pulled up to pick the kids up from school one day, and that was the last time that battery did anything useful. Just shat itself on the spot, no warning whatsoever. The replacement (with a few extra cranking amps) sits in the shed for a month at a time and never misses a beat. No trickle charger or anything.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I put a AGM Die hard in mine, Keep it unplugged for extending cover queen months.
Never have to charge it.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Finally got around to getting the 103 TB for my kit, now I need an intake.

Anyone use the Jn2ning PMAS intake found here?
https://juggernautpower.com/collect...rock-103mm-throttle-body-upgrade-kit-w-intake

It's about the same price as the Edelbrock one, so not sure if the larger PMAS one would be any better than the enclosed in EB box'd intake.

I was hoping the Jn2ning intake would maybe give the car a little bit of whine since its an open short ram, but I doubt anything will make this blower whine at this point.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Finally got around to getting the 103 TB for my kit, now I need an intake.

Anyone use the Jn2ning PMAS intake found here?
https://juggernautpower.com/collect...rock-103mm-throttle-body-upgrade-kit-w-intake

It's about the same price as the Edelbrock one, so not sure if the larger PMAS one would be any better than the enclosed in EB box'd intake.

I was hoping the Jn2ning intake would maybe give the car a little bit of whine since its an open short ram, but I doubt anything will make this blower whine at this point.
Thought you removed your kit a few pages back. Anyway, You will need the tb adapter that's only in the airbox kit. I had to buy it. When I found out it wasn't the same.

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Thanks Burkey I’ve ordered a Century battery replacement.

Another query... Does anyone know if this swivel lever is meant to rotate/open and close freely with out any resistance or getting stuck? I know it controls a butterfly inside the blower, is the rod that runs into the blower (per my arrow) meant to have 0 side to side movement from the front of the blower/lever?
Mine is a little loose and when I rotate the lever carefully by hand (to open and close it) it has some sort of rough resistance like it gets stuck and then frees up.
I know they say not to open it by hand but I unbolted the bypass valve before moving the lever by hand so me opening the lever by rotating it didn’t actually move inside the bypass diaphragm.
14E4000C-C76D-448C-905C-65C87BFD9AC1.jpeg

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Another query... Does anyone know if this swivel lever is meant to rotate/open and close freely with out any resistance or getting stuck? I know it controls a butterfly inside the blower, is the rod that runs into the blower (per my arrow) meant to have 0 side to side movement from the front of the blower/lever?
Mine is a little loose and when I rotate the lever carefully by hand (to open and close it) it has some sort of rough resistance like it gets stuck and then frees up.
I know they say not to open it by hand but I unbolted the bypass valve before moving the lever by hand so me opening the lever by rotating it didn’t actually move inside the bypass diaphragm.
Yes, it should operate quite freely.
IIRC a few people were having issues with clearance.
Nothing is rubbing that you can see?

Sponsored

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Yes, it should operate quite freely.
IIRC a few people were having issues with clearance.
Nothing is rubbing that you can see?
I unbolted the bypass valve mount and was rotating the lever by hand and visually from the front it wasn’t rubbing on anything but internally it felt like it’s getting caught on something like the bush/bearing was seized (not that bad but I felt it rub something as I was rotating the internal lever rod) It also has some free play movement (side to side movement)

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

It's like a wastegate, except under vacuum it keeps the valve open, under boost, it shuts the valve. there should be no play/or roughness on the arm on it's direction of travel. I'm not sure what kind of problem you have going on with it. but the reason the nitrous jet is in there is because it's very abrupt to close when opening the throttle without the jet installed. It makes the car easier to drive with it. I would assume that it should be easy to open and close it. So I would have that looked at if you're going to have any work done to the unit.

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
It's like a wastegate, except under vacuum it keeps the valve open, under boost, it shuts the valve. there should be no play/or roughness on the arm on it's direction of travel. I'm not sure what kind of problem you have going on with it. but the reason the nitrous jet is in there is because it's very abrupt to close when opening the throttle without the jet installed. It makes the car easier to drive with it. I would assume that it should be easy to open and close it. So I would have that looked at if you're going to have any work done to the unit.
Unfortunately it’s already on the car and tuned. I just used an old photo before it was installed for this post.
As part of my diagnosing of my rev hang I looked at on weekend (video I shared in previous page) I looked at that lever to see if it was getting stuck. Car drives fine but only has rpm hang when in park and I rev it (assumed it was bypass lever getting stuck) thought I’d ask the question
Do Edelbrock sell a replacement bypass valve and lever/rod assembly that I can replace if it’s infact the rough lever causing my rev hang?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Unfortunately it’s already on the car and tuned. I just used an old photo before it was installed for this post.
As part of my diagnosing of my rev hang I looked at on weekend (video I shared in previous page) I looked at that lever to see if it was getting stuck. Car drives fine but only has rpm hang when in park and I rev it (assumed it was bypass lever getting stuck) thought I’d ask the question
Do Edelbrock sell a replacement bypass valve and lever/rod assembly that I can replace if it’s infact the rough lever causing my rev hang?
It could be, because when you give it throttle (in gear or not) you are providing more air in the case of the supercharger than the engine can supply itself alone. However without a load you should stay out of boost unless you really give a lot of pedal. In this case the valve should stay open, but if it does start to close (depending on how stuck it is) you could conceivably, cause a false (hanging) rev to happen, however I believe in this case you should get a code because of the Throttle body position being closed but the revs are up, which doesn't jive in the PCM logic.

Not sure why you aren't getting a code, but I would investigate the bypass and rule that out if you can. I do not know if you can get EB to send you a single part, I haven't tried too hard to contact them lately.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I know the arm on mine “rubs” with housing ever so slightly. Clearance is very little.
Sponsored