Sponsored

Edelbrock 2650 Warranty 2019 GT goes to the track!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they would give me a tune with trans adjustments = to drag mode. Seems to me it would be equal from the warranty side of things. lol But yeah, I've raced on the street against tuned A10 cars and they just flat out shift harder than my car. One was a vette with a pro charger and Meth. It sounded like a manual transmission it hit so hard.
Edelbrock tune seems to cut the power on shifts even with my manual. I guess that's why they offer a warranty because it's so safe. No matter how quick\hard I hit 3rd gear it's a turd for just a moment than turns back into a beast. Tune and supporting mods are in my future! With that said it's a nice safe\fun kit if warranty is a concern!
Sponsored

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
Edelbrock tune seems to cut the power on shifts even with my manual. I guess that's why they offer a warranty because it's so safe. No matter how quick\hard I hit 3rd gear it's a turd for just a moment than turns back into a beast. Tune and supporting mods are in my future! With that said it's a nice safe\fun kit if warranty is a concern!
Stage 2 doesnt seem to do that, maybe that's a stage 1 thing. My stage 2 shifts really hard.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I'm pretty sure I remember the Edelbrock rep saying more aggressive trans tune was part of the stage 2.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure I remember the Edelbrock rep saying more aggressive trans tune was part of the stage 2.
I was told the stage 1 tune had zero adjustments to the transmission settings.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Have you removed the pill from the vacuum line? That could be boost loss with the delay as it builds it back up?

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you removed the pill from the vacuum line? That could be boost loss with the delay as it builds it back up?
I removed it after the first week. Removing it got rid of the delay when flooring but there's still a delay/loss of power on each shift. I think it's the tune trying to protect the drivetrain.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stage 2 doesnt seem to do that, maybe that's a stage 1 thing. My stage 2 shifts really hard.
Your also a auto, it may only be on manuals since there known for breaking parts of the drivetrain.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
The more I think about this I almost wonder if the no drag/performance mode is the problem?

What does a stock PP1 300A car run compared to an equal car with drag mode? Seems like they are 3-5 tenths different and maybe some mph?

Perhaps dyno numbers will be ok but the trans tuning makes that big of a difference. Seems like must guys running at the track are either modded with a tune or have selective drive modes.

I just watched the video and the car seemed to roll out pretty good.
The drag mode or tuned drag mode w/ traction is worth 2-3 tenths 2-3 mph in itself. ;).

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The drag mode or tuned drag mode w/ traction is worth 2-3 tenths 2-3 mph in itself. ;).

This may be his problem
300a on a stage two kit would have trans tuning va stage one kit

Time will tell once he dyno’s and logs but yea, 301a is a great option

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
This may be his problem
300a on a stage two kit would have trans tuning va stage one kit

Time will tell once he dyno’s and logs but yea, 301a is a great option
It is all about balance. Much above 600 whp and drag mode would become a detriment without a lot of tire. Everyone around here thinks a dyno number or time slip is all there is to life. In the end, if the OP likes it with the warranty coverage as it is so be it.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It is all about balance. Much above 600 whp and drag mode would become a detriment without a lot of tire. Everyone around here thinks a dyno number or time slip is all there is to life. In the end, if the OP likes it with the warranty coverage as it is so be it.
I guess u have a point, at some point drag mode with that much power must hit HARD because i’m stock on street tires and it barks the shifts and pulls hard

If he never runs DR’s then it’s mute, as long as he gets what he wanted thst all that matters :)

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I guess u have a point, at some point drag mode with that much power must hit HARD because i’m stock on street tires and it barks the shifts and pulls hard

If he never runs DR’s then it’s mute, as long as he gets what he wanted thst all that matters :)
Plus if the OP just wanted mainly a straight line car the PP1 package just adds unnecessary weight, bracing, and torsen rear end. Not exactly great for full on drag stuff...

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Plus if the OP just wanted mainly a straight line car the PP1 package just adds unnecessary weight, bracing, and torsen rear end. Not exactly great for full on drag stuff...

That’s true, but as long as he’s happy then that’s great.

One of the things that piss me off is no one make a knockoff blackout wheel package in 19x9.5 or 10 yet

I wanna run DR’s on matching wheels and I cant because my wheels r 19x8.5...At least a PP1 wheel can run a DR correctly

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I like auto-x too. :) PP1 was a great update for me. The brakes are awesome. I'm sure the 3.55 gears help. Love the spoiler. Hate stock wheels, so the PP1 wheels are a nice update. Larger radiator is a nice plus as well.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I like auto-x too. :) PP1 was a great update for me. The brakes are awesome. I'm sure the 3.55 gears help. Love the spoiler. Hate stock wheels, so the PP1 wheels are a nice update. Larger radiator is a nice plus as well.
Love the rad & the brakes too but I hate the PP1 spoiler and not into the PP1 wheels.

I love my blackout car with 301a but I wish I got 3.55 however if I supercharger it then I’m better off with the 3.15

I really wanna supercharge it :)
Sponsored