Sponsored

Edelbrock 2650 Warranty 2019 GT goes to the track!

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I removed it after the first week. Removing it got rid of the delay when flooring but there's still a delay/loss of power on each shift. I think it's the tune trying to protect the drivetrain.
Interesting. I'm still running the car in completely dealership form for a bit longer. I plan to get the most out of "how it was ordered" so people have a baseline to know if their car is running correctly or not. Next video will either be track times going from 91 octane tune to the 93 octane tune. OR it'll be a dyno video. Then I'll do a video with "free mods" - pull the pill, unplug Advance Trac, etc. Then I'll move on to a tire. Even if no one else cares... I think it'll be fun to document it all along the way. Plus it buys me some time on wanting to forget the warranty and just go crazy with the car. lol Speed bugs are a hard thing to control. I'm doing my best. haha
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Love the rad & the brakes too but I hate the PP1 spoiler and not into the PP1 wheels.

I love my blackout car with 301a but I wish I got 3.55 however if I supercharger it then I’m better off with the 3.15

I really wanna supercharge it :)
I get more compliments on the spoiler than anything else. lol I personally love it and haven't found a single one I would rather have to be honest.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I'm still running the car in completely dealership form for a bit longer. I plan to get the most out of "how it was ordered" so people have a baseline to know if their car is running correctly or not. Next video will either be track times going from 91 octane tune to the 93 octane tune. OR it'll be a dyno video. Then I'll do a video with "free mods" - pull the pill, unplug Advance Trac, etc. Then I'll move on to a tire. Even if no one else cares... I think it'll be fun to document it all along the way. Plus it byes me some time on wanting to forget the warranty and just go crazy with the car. lol Speed bugs are a hard thing to control. I'm doing my best. haha
I know all about spreading it out! I had my car since the spring of 2015. I really enjoyed the pp2 tune I had when warranty was a concern. I know the difference a tune can make so I'm really looking forward to ditching the edlebrock tune!

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know all about spreading it out! I had my car since the spring of 2015. I really enjoyed the pp2 tune I had when warranty was a concern. I know the difference a tune can make so I'm really looking forward to ditching the edlebrock tune!
I hope you'll be able to do a before and after track time. It'd be good to see how much difference there is.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think I'm ordering this to datalog into my BDX:
LUND RACING SCT BOOST BOX OMEGA
Gauges.jpg

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The drag mode or tuned drag mode w/ traction is worth 2-3 tenths 2-3 mph in itself. ;).
I loved the video but the first thing I noticed was how soft the shifts appeared to be. Even in stock form, drag mode slams the back of my helmet against the headrest and barks my MT Street ET Rs.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I loved the video but the first thing I noticed was how soft the shifts appeared to be. Even in stock form, drag mode slams the back of my helmet against the headrest and barks my MT Street ET Rs.
Yeah... I don't have drag mode. :( BTW - stock headrest and helmets = super uncomfortable. lol

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yeah... I don't have drag mode. :( BTW - stock headrest and helmets = super uncomfortable. lol
Your video was very well done! I have just begun doing some research on superchargers so I am a bit late to this thread. Have you chatted with any other owners of cars like yours or compared times? Like others (and you) I really expected the amount of advertised power to make the car quite a bit quicker. The slipping belt may have been pretty detrimental. DRs would help but it appeared that the street tires held decently after they put down the sticky stuff at the starting line.

As for drag mode, when I first took my car to the strip on stock tires, I couldn't use drag mode. It would just break the tires loose on the 1-2 shift and either wheel hop or spin so fast that it would shift to 3rd gear while spinning. Both scenarios were obviously bad. :)

I look forward to hearing how the dyno session goes and following your videos.

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
I'm going to the strip with my 2018 base A10 edelbrock stage 2 in a week, it'll be Interesting to compare times

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Your video was very well done! I have just begun doing some research on superchargers so I am a bit late to this thread. Have you chatted with any other owners of cars like yours or compared times? Like others (and you) I really expected the amount of advertised power to make the car quite a bit quicker. The slipping belt may have been pretty detrimental. DRs would help but it appeared that the street tires held decently after they put down the sticky stuff at the starting line.

As for drag mode, when I first took my car to the strip on stock tires, I couldn't use drag mode. It would just break the tires loose on the 1-2 shift and either wheel hop or spin so fast that it would shift to 3rd gear while spinning. Both scenarios were obviously bad. :)

I look forward to hearing how the dyno session goes and following your videos.
I haven't met anyone else with Edelbrock in my area. I just ordered a boost box so I can log real boost in the BDX. Once that's all hooked up and working properly I'll schedule dyno time and head to one of the two tracks I have available. Lots of testing to do. What kind of 60ft times were you pulling without drag mode on street tires?

Sponsored
OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to the strip with my 2018 base A10 edelbrock stage 2 in a week, it'll be Interesting to compare times
Yes it will. I should have ordered a stage 2. Sigh. What area of the country are located?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
My tracks are prepped at the start line so my street tires hooked decently at the launch. It was on the shifts beyond the treated area that they were terrible in drag mode. My best 60s were in the 1.90 range on street tires and 1.82 on drag radials. I do not claim to launch my car brutally hard. My tracks are 2 hours from home and being stranded with a broken halfshaft is not something I would enjoy.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

Member from here posted it. @ALLKHEINZ

Not sure what all has been done but for 9s it does show the potential. I have no other information other than the video...

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
:O Holy hell batman...

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
My tracks are prepped at the start line so my street tires hooked decently at the launch. It was on the shifts beyond the treated area that they were terrible in drag mode. My best 60s were in the 1.90 range on street tires and 1.82 on drag radials. I do not claim to launch my car brutally hard. My tracks are 2 hours from home and being stranded with a broken halfshaft is not something I would enjoy.
Gotcha... one thing I thought I might mention. IF you are looking at one of the superchargers with a warranty. I was told they go by the mileage on the car. IE if you are already past 36,000 miles... no warranty so you might as well get a more aggressive tune.
Sponsored