Sponsored

Edelbrock 2650 Warranty 2019 GT goes to the track!

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
True.. mostly true. Pistons will come with rings and there wont be any machine work. The Gen 3 block is finish honed ready to go. Youll want to add ARP head studs at that point you might as well do forged oil and crank gears if not done already.

You could get a fully forged SB built in your garage for under $3k.

https://www.modularheadshop.com/i-2...tons-manley-h-beam-connecting-rods-combo.html
It may need to be balanced, prolly a upgraded ring for boost, plus gaps set for boost and if u do studs line bore too but yea 2800-3200 should be it :)
Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
It may need to be balanced, prolly a upgraded ring for boost, plus gaps set for boost and if u do studs line bore too but yea 2800-3200 should be it :)
Why would you line bore a brand new block? Hard pass.. i'd like to keep the STD bearings.

Rotating parts should be individually balanced (rods/pistons) and is usually done at the factory. If not, you can do it at home easily. Ring gap is set by engine builder (you).... of course im assuming home/garage builder.

Not bitching at you, just laying out the options for DIY crowd like myself and thinking out loud ....

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Why would you line bore a brand new block? Hard pass.. i'd like to keep the STD bearings.

Rotating parts should be individually balanced (rods/pistons) and is usually done at the factory. If not, you can do it at home easily. Ring gap is set by engine builder (you).... of course im assuming home/garage builder.

Not bitching at you, just laying out the options for DIY crowd like myself and thinking out loud ....

Don’t know about the ford gen 3 but if we were adding studs to a conventional bb Chevy in my day, it got line bored? And again most engine builders at least check the rotating assembly for balance, at least with the stuff I had built?

But I totally agree with u
3k should get u a solid short

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Don’t know about the ford gen 3 but if we were adding studs to a conventional bb Chevy in my day, it got line bored? And again most engine builders at least check the rotating assembly for balance, at least with the stuff I had built?

But I totally agree with u
3k should get u a solid short
I think i see what youre saying. You mean deck plate bore if doing head studs? If so, the Gen 3 is has a spray-in liner, so there is no boring that motor. If you trash a cylinder you have 2 options with the block--Install sleeves, or throw it in the garbage and start over.

The balancing is a good idea, i just dont know if necessary with individually balanced parts... possibly i suppose. It's not very expensive to spin balance at the local machine shop anyway so might be money well spent.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You ran a street tired car in +1500 DA’s? Just better DA (0 to +300) would net u 2 tenths in et and 3 mph.

So that alone puts the car at 11.50@123 on a STREET TIRE

Add a real tire and launch the car at 1800 at 0 to 300 DA’s and I bet it would run 10.90@126 just the way it sits

Honestly what does a Edelbrock Stage 1 A10 run, 10.90?

What has a stage 1 Edelbrock A10 run in the quarter on drag Radials?

Any guys out there, no headers on a canned tune on a tire?
Not sure yet. I'll keep you posted as things progress. If the temps would cool back down, I'll try to head back to the track to see how the 93 tune does.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not sure yet. I'll keep you posted as things progress. If the temps would cool back down, I'll try to head back to the track to see how the 93 tune does.
Sounds good, By the way I thought your whole video and info was great

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think i see what youre saying. You mean deck plate bore if doing head studs? If so, the Gen 3 is has a spray-in liner, so there is no boring that motor. If you trash a cylinder you have 2 options with the block--Install sleeves, or throw it in the garbage and start over.

The balancing is a good idea, i just dont know if necessary with individually balanced parts... possibly i suppose. It's not very expensive to spin balance at the local machine shop anyway so might be money well spent.
Oh I didnt know they were splayed, sweet....

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good, By the way I thought your whole video and info was great
Thanks... it was a lot of video to go through. Found out the GoPro worked the best, until it got dark. Then the crappier quality dash cam was better after dark. Hopefully I get better as time goes on. I'll definitely try to compress things down. I just knew on this first one, there would be a lot of people unimpressed with the results... so lots of explaining happened. Be honest... the intro. Cool or dumb?

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks... it was a lot of video to go through. Found out the GoPro worked the best, until it got dark. Then the crappier quality dash cam was better after dark. Hopefully I get better as time goes on. I'll definitely try to compress things down. I just knew on this first one, there would be a lot of people unimpressed with the results... so lots of explaining happened. Be honest... the intro. Cool or dumb?

U did a great job, it’s good pal

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
The more I think about this I almost wonder if the no drag/performance mode is the problem?

What does a stock PP1 300A car run compared to an equal car with drag mode? Seems like they are 3-5 tenths different and maybe some mph?

Perhaps dyno numbers will be ok but the trans tuning makes that big of a difference. Seems like must guys running at the track are either modded with a tune or have selective drive modes.

I just watched the video and the car seemed to roll out pretty good.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Lame. Why go FI if all of these ridiculous restrictions are placed on you.

A brand new short block is $2200. Brand new trans under $4k. Rebuilt trans $1700.

These cars are cheap, relative to other high HP cars.

If you want a warranty stay NA, or if not—go FI with a well known tuner.
Gen 3 or Gen 2 block ?

6R80 or 10r80 ?
That’s quite a deal for a “rebuilt “ trans especially if it comes with new Mcleod clutches .

At those prices it would be worth just having “spares “ to minimize downtime .

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The more I think about this I almost wonder if the no drag/performance mode is the problem?

What does a stock PP1 300A car run compared to an equal car with drag mode? Seems like they are 3-5 tenths different and maybe some mph?

Perhaps dyno numbers will be ok but the trans tuning makes that big of a difference. Seems like must guys running at the track are either modded with a tune or have selective drive modes.

U may be right, my 301A car NA feels insane in track or drag mod
Especially that he's on a canned tune, with the 300A

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Gen 3 or Gen 2 block ?

6R80 or 10r80 ?
That’s quite a deal for a “rebuilt “ trans especially if it comes with new Mcleod clutches .

At those prices it would be worth just having “spares “ to minimize downtime .
Read up a few posts.. i posted links on the motor. Gen 3.

10r80 rebuild from Brett L is $1700 with McLeod steels/frictions.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Read up a few posts.. i posted links on the motor. Gen 3.

10r80 rebuild from Brett L is $1700 with McLeod steels/frictions.
Sorry man.
I saw your links later . Thought you meant an already rebuilt trans . Still not a bad deal .

My dealer charged me $1700 in labor to R&R /install the clutches . Plus another $600 when I asked they replace the valve body .

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase

I wish they would give me a tune with trans adjustments = to drag mode. Seems to me it would be equal from the warranty side of things. lol But yeah, I've raced on the street against tuned A10 cars and they just flat out shift harder than my car. One was a vette with a pro charger and Meth. It sounded like a manual transmission it hit so hard.
Sponsored