Sponsored

Ecoboost vs Ecoboost hpp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Hey, I can either get a regular Ecoboost premium or Ecoboost premium with hpp. My brother has a 21 Ecoboost premium and the car is very smooth. I really like to drive it and it drives comfortably.

My question is does the hpp drive harsh or firm? It has bigger rear sway bars and different chassis tuning and heavy-duty front springs.

I just want to know if it’s going to be noticeably different when daily driving the car?
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yes, especially if it has the EcoBoost handling package. That's the whole point to it.

IMO, since you're asking the question, the HPP isn't the car for you. Go for the regular EB.

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
No question here. Go with the HPP. Even without the handling pack you get the tuned for Mustang Focus RS engine, GT brakes and a good selection of GT pp1 parts. Oh, and HPP specific wheels and appearance parts.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
No question here. Go with the HPP. Even without the handling pack you get the tuned for Mustang Focus RS engine, GT brakes and a good selection of GT pp1 parts. Oh, and HPP specific wheels and appearance parts.
That's absolutely NOT what the OP is asking about. They're not interested in your opinion of the HPP based on what you want in a car.

The question was; "...does the hpp drive harsh or firm?"

The answer is yes. Yes it rides firm. And at times could be considered "harsh".

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
That's absolutely NOT what the OP is asking about. They're not interested in your opinion of the HPP based on what you want in a car.

The question was; "...does the hpp drive harsh or firm?"

The answer is yes. Yes it rides firm. And at times could be considered "harsh".
YES, it does ride firmly. Apologies for my editorial content. As Mustang owners aren't we ALL just a little fond of our particular choices?

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
I Dow find the HPP AE at low rpm drone annoying may need to swap a standard exhaust and splice the quad tips in.
Maybe add in a resonator since it comes from factory without one. Or quite mode?

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
In quiet mode all the time. Will look into resonator. It's just low rpm when rolling. At a standstill it's fine.
Have sound deadening all over the truck pan as well. I think is coming in through the rear seat back
I don't notice any drone with my AE except in drag or track mode at low rpms. All the other modes seem fine and I'm even running a NX2 and 3" CVF catted DP. But yeah adding in a resonator would be way cheaper than new exhaust and splicing in your AE tips/valves.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to know if it’s going to be noticeably different when daily driving the car?
no difference worth noting. The HPP comes with the same 'FP street' dampers that come on the GT/PP1. It's a touch more damping but nothing remotely coming close to NVH increase. The suspension in both trims is quite lacking so if you want good handling you'll be swapping at least dampers out with eg. Bilstein to get proper damping behavior.

I Dow find the HPP AE at low rpm drone annoying may need to swap a standard exhaust and splice the quad tips in.
spin the motor over 2000 or better yet 2500 all the time. Since I can't hear the exhaust at all on my car (no Active Exhaust) so I'm putting in a Y pipe and GT 4-output exhaust.
Sponsored

Last edited: