OP

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
There are a lot of unhappy Function Factory customers and Sithiro is, shall we say, a bit free-wheeling with the truth. It appears their special spec is actually Jessie's lowest spec with a $1500 upcharge. Just get the engine from the guy doing the work.
Glad you told me that. Thanks for the info
Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Is Jesse, EMS and the shop in East Tennessee all the same?
I'm based in E. Tennessee, even though I compete at tracks in the Midwest. I've heard about an 800 HP Ecoboost Mustang testing at local tracks and the owner/builder being a UT Engineer and having a shop in Rogersville, TN... Has anyone ever visited his shop or know if it's open to the public??

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Is Jesse, EMS and the shop in East Tennessee all the same?
I'm based in E. Tennessee, even though I compete at tracks in the Midwest. I've heard about an 800 HP Ecoboost Mustang testing at local tracks and the owner/builder being a UT Engineer and having a shop in Rogersville, TN... Has anyone ever visited his shop or know if it's open to the public??
I'm pretty sure it's all the same. Give him a call and ask.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I'm pretty sure it's all the same. Give him a call and ask.
It almost seems like "folklore"... I hear about this guy and car when I visit the local tracks, but never see him... lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
After blowing my headgasket and talking with a bunch of people I concluded that reliable and built motors don’t usually go together. Once in a while someone may get a reliable built motor but nobody builds reliable motors like OEM’s. And the problem is compounded by the fact that you just threw a ton of money at a built motor so now you want to make some real power and many people get greedy or don’t have enough money left over for a top notch fuel system or whatever the issue may be and end up blowing their built motor. Or something stupid fails that was a result of an aftermarket parts combination that didn’t work out, or the builder was behind and rushed something, etc. So consider all this before you go built motor.

After replacing my headgasket I def didn’t want to do that again. And I didn’t want to roll the dice with a built motor. But I still wanted more power for my Ecoboost so despite buying my Ecoboost because I love turbo cars my new motor looks like so sitting in my garage:

7FE768EC-F3C5-4813-88D9-A3569D6D252D.jpeg

Hopefully I can get it running.

Will be into it for the same price as a built motor and the aux fuel (or aftermarket hpfp) system I needed to make this power with the Ecoboost.

Not saying don’t do the built motor, just know that reliability is not guaranteed. I wish there was and if so I’d have a built Ecoboost too. A 500whp Ecoboost would be a damn good riot.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Leave $5k on a stump out in the woods & when you go back in an hour there's a bitchin short block in its place.
I did find Jessie and sent him an email, hoping to attend their next event, perhaps at a local or nearby track.
I saw on his site where he offers a "built" short block for under $4,000 and am wondering how much cash I need, if I sell my existing short block
Does anyone know how much money a 2018 2.3L OEM short block (with only 5,000 miles) is worth??

letos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andriy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost
Yeah but that’s if you wanna risk another engine again. I think it’s smart and will be more rewarding paying for the higher dollar for the better reliability and power output. This is the functionfactory performance spec of the ems shortblock. https://ffperformance.co/product/en...0-ford-mustang-ecoboost-ffp-spec-short-block/. Thoughts?
You can buy the same direct from ems much cheaper. I cannot find any price on their website which is lower as in the others...

Sponsored
OP
OP

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
How much you've wait for your shortblock?
Got an insanely fast shipment from Jessie at EMS. Did express shipping and got it within 2 weeks! Usually it’s 3-4 for expedited but got it way sooner. Progress so far is I have the stock heads back on after they came back from the machine shop. Just got the turbo to go on and a few other things then tossing it back on the car!

43519F93-A3F9-4EA1-A151-BCBA80198BBB.jpeg

letos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andriy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost
Got an insanely fast shipment from Jessie at EMS. Did express shipping and got it within 2 weeks! Usually it’s 3-4 for expedited but got it way sooner. Progress so far is I have the stock heads back on after they came back from the machine shop. Just got the turbo to go on and a few other things then tossing it back on the car!

He said i need wait for 2-3 month to have that engine manufactured

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang

Looks like your making good progress! Which engine block does he use for the budget builds?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
The 2.0 closed deck.
Sponsored