OP
OP
kz

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Tim - Is that how DSSVs work ? I know they're valved and not MR fluid ones, but ignorant on the internal design (not that it matters much - curosity).

My other thought about Tractives - this being dutch company with relatively small US presence (or so it seems) - if they need to be rebuilt, how easy is that going to be vs. any other passive damper on the market.

Magneride you just buy a new one from Ford dealer.
Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thanks Tim, that is really helpful. If you are able to mess with a set of Tractives or even the DSC version, let me know what you think. They are at least a year down the road on my potential upgrade list.

I have struggled to find anyone that has already provided feedback on the forums (Corvette and Camaro primarily) I pay attention to.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Tim - Is that how DSSVs work ? I know they're valved and not MR fluid ones, but ignorant on the internal design (not that it matters much - curosity).

My other thought about Tractives - this being dutch company with relatively small US presence (or so it seems) - if they need to be rebuilt, how easy is that going to be vs. any other passive damper on the market.

Magneride you just buy a new one from Ford dealer.
A DSSV is a completely different architecture than either Magneride or Tractive. It uses a twin-tube, recirculating flow path through spool valves. I don't know of Multimatic doing any active projects with the DSSV.

Tractive has been around long enough that I doubt they just evaporate. The internals will mostly be 'off the shelf' racing damper stuff (shims, o-rings, seals). With the exception of the solenoid, it's a pretty standard monotube. Any reasonable shop would be able to rebuild the mechanical portion of the damper. I think your concern applied to the solenoid valve is probably more warranted. That would be the vital bit which could be a concern if they were to close the doors.

Reactions: kz

johnnyh788

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
gt350
around long enough that I doubt they just evaporate. The internals will mostly be 'off the shelf' racing damper stuff (shims, o-rings, seals). With the exce
Thanks for all the info again. Can you please check your Inbox I have some questions and can use your help regard to DSC. I am thinking of pulling the trigger. Thank you

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I know they're valved and not MR fluid ones, but ignorant on the internal design
I saw a CAD/cutaway somewhere. I picked up a set from a ZL1/1LE a month back and was toying with taking them apart.

Sponsored

johnnyh788

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
gt350
setup on Front: FP bar (soft) with FP springs and Rear BMR350R and stock P1 bar. This setup has greatly improved my lap times on 200TW tires Mp4s (285/325) and when I changed to 305/squared Re71R my best laps times dropped 1.5 sec. Just for perspective the fastest 2018 s550 base GT on coilover and Hoosiers ran 1:40 and
shocks is my concern. I've had Koni's and custom valved shocks years ago when I autocrossed. I'm looking to get back into it and researching options for dampers on my car that is being built. I saw where Strano has removed the magneride from his Mach 1 and gone to Koni's but I'd prefer to keep the magneride. I've r
I have the DSC. This entire thread was a great help when I was researching. My two cents. If you are just getting back into Autox (and if I could do it again), do camber plates, rear camber arms, and 200 TW tires first. Then go out, run the car a few times, figure out what you want to fix/adjust and pick your next move.

I will tell you, there are folks on here who can tune for you, and they do an awesome job. The tunes are fantastic. There are other tuners out there as well. The DSC tunes out of the box are not great, and even though they tell you they loaded the latest tune, they didn't. And if you have the time (I have a 2 yo and 9 mo so I didn't), you can learn the tuning. The UI is very easy and straight forward. It functions much like regular adjustable shocks do, just using a mouse instead of physically clicking the shock. It also adds parameters to soften the ride when just cruising, if you have the time to figure it out.

Good luck!
Hi Kyle what rear control arm you upgraded? Did you upgrade mainly due to difficult for adjustment in alignment shop or you find there is slot/camber arm movement that will greatly benefit from lock out kit.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hi Kyle what rear control arm you upgraded? Did you upgrade mainly due to difficult for adjustment in alignment shop or you find there is slot/camber arm movement that will greatly benefit from lock out kit.
Camber arm is AAD, vertical link is AAD, and toe link is J&M.

OP
OP
kz

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
They look fancy! What was the most noticeable improvement when you upgrade them ?
It's mostly ease and repeatability of adjustment and preventing a slip of the inboard mount of the camber arm. If you're looking for a noticeable improvement in time or car handling, there is a lot more meaningful components to change than these arms - stock ones generally work.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
They look fancy! What was the most noticeable improvement when you upgrade them ?
I wish I could tell you. I did toe, camber and 200tw tires all at the same time. The car was way better after that, but I could t tell which one had the most noticable improvement.

Sponsored

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
@TeeLew , Tim I sent you a PM on the forum, I’d like to get a DSC Sport and switch the Mach 1 to DSC tuning. I really think it could be a lot better in transitions.

triox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Piotr
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
Hi folks; I just bought the DSC Sport Magneride Controller second-hand and I suspect the previous owner might've messed up the tune (it has some weird values in some of the tabs).

Could someone share a track-focused tune file, preferably for dual-rate springs?

My specs are below and the car is maybe 80% track use (the rest is driving to-from the tracks and some light street use).

2018 Mustang GT (Euro Spec), MT82, Premium
Brake Pads: EBC RPX front/ Stoptech rear
Rotors: EBC SG2FC front/ DBA T3 4000 rear
Tires (Size & Model): Nankang Sportnex AR-1 305/30/19 square; JR SL02 Wheels,

Suspension: Steeda Dual Rate Magneride Springs, DSC Sport Controller, Steeda Sway Bars; IRS braces, Extreme G-Trac Brace, vertical links, bushing support system, Front Control Arms - Lateral and Tension Links, Bumpsteer Kit, Adjustable Roll Bar Endlinks

Other Mods: Wavetrac LSD, Barton Short Shifter, AutoBlip, JLT Cold Air Intake, Sport Cats, Flowmaster exhaust, Ford Performance Throttle Body, McLeod RXT Clutch, Mishimoto Radiator, Performance water pump kit Tune: HD-Customs 500 HP (HP Tuners)

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hi folks; I just bought the DSC Sport Magneride Controller second-hand and I suspect the previous owner might've messed up the tune (it has some weird values in some of the tabs).

Could someone share a track-focused tune file, preferably for dual-rate springs?

My specs are below and the car is maybe 80% track use (the rest is driving to-from the tracks and some light street use).

2018 Mustang GT (Euro Spec), MT82, Premium
Brake Pads: EBC RPX front/ Stoptech rear
Rotors: EBC SG2FC front/ DBA T3 4000 rear
Tires (Size & Model): Nankang Sportnex AR-1 305/30/19 square; JR SL02 Wheels,

Suspension: Steeda Dual Rate Magneride Springs, DSC Sport Controller, Steeda Sway Bars; IRS braces, Extreme G-Trac Brace, vertical links, bushing support system, Front Control Arms - Lateral and Tension Links, Bumpsteer Kit, Adjustable Roll Bar Endlinks

Other Mods: Wavetrac LSD, Barton Short Shifter, AutoBlip, JLT Cold Air Intake, Sport Cats, Flowmaster exhaust, Ford Performance Throttle Body, McLeod RXT Clutch, Mishimoto Radiator, Performance water pump kit Tune: HD-Customs 500 HP (HP Tuners)
Contact DSC, they will get you their tunes. Their site might still have them too. PM me if you need more help.
Sponsored