Hugo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
t a

I put a whole bottle of Ceratec in my engine after an oil change and it completely got rid of the tick and not only that the engine ran noticeably smoother for me and that’s on a 2019 GT with 7000 miles
Oh dang. I’m gonna go ahead and definitely give Ceratec a try on my next oil change!
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The OP's 'knocking' noise is not the typical 'tick'. It's constant, so more likely the HP fuel pump IMO. With hydraulic valve lifters, doubt it's that. And only sounds like one. It'll be interesting if Ceratec quiets that too. And yes, it'd pretty darn loud, so I wouldn't like it either. Since only the head was replaced, my bet definitely is on the HP fuel pump; something wasn't put back properly. The typical 'tick' comes from the block, not the heads.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have the tick... that sounds like a tap. My ticking is sporadic and not at all timed like yours. Go listen to a few "ticking" vids and listen to yours.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I've noticed when I idle before leaving the house, it will do it randomly (we are tight between houses so there is an echo). I'm usually getting set and making sure the car is warming up. That being said I can pull right out, spin both back tires and wake up the hood. "Aint Skeered"

This car is a got damn beast, and I drive it like I stole it every day and will continue to do so until one or both of us are dead.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
All these engine tick threads, ride a Harley. LOL

Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I agree - this isn't the bbq "tick". This is pretty synchonized where as the tick isn't.

OP
OP
Hugo

Hugo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I agree - this isn't the bbq "tick". This is pretty synchonized where as the tick isn't.
yeahh i figured, also when i accelerate the noise picks up speed, that’s why i was so concerned, so in this case i don’t know what to do because ford said it was normal /:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The OP's 'knocking' noise is not the typical 'tick'. It's constant, so more likely the HP fuel pump IMO. With hydraulic valve lifters, doubt it's that. And only sounds like one. It'll be interesting if Ceratec quiets that too. And yes, it'd pretty darn loud, so I wouldn't like it either. Since only the head was replaced, my bet definitely is on the HP fuel pump; something wasn't put back properly. The typical 'tick' comes from the block, not the heads.
Agreed, this isn't the BBQ tick, it's constant and rhythmic. It's something else.

Can't be the HP fuel pump either, it's a 2016.....

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
yeahh i figured, also when i accelerate the noise picks up speed, that’s why i was so concerned, so in this case i don’t know what to do because ford said it was normal /:
Just part out bro :crackup:

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar sound on my 94. Turned out to be an exhaust leak from the manifold.

OP
OP
Hugo

Hugo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
For anyone who comes across this thread, my car now has around 40k miles, and I still have the tick. Although, it has since quieted down pretty good. It is nowhere near as loud as it used to be. It is important to note though I am FBO and running nothing but e85 for a while, that may be a cause for it, or it may not, but who knows lol. Its still there but much quieter. Btw been beating the car and is still kicking! GL
Sponsored