Door Pull Straps Mod

bpalmer753

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone seen a mustang with pull strap for door handles. Interested in seeing if it's possible. I love the gt3r look. I know the weight saving is minimal and doesn't make a diff. More interested in the look.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Eh, some may want to be ā€˜differentā€™ from a mod or aesthetics perspective, but ....... that look of half a nylon dog collar hanging out of the door is ugly.

Plus the door pull on an S550 is the lower part of the door where the actual door gets pulled to close (or pushed on to open).

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
There is no good reason why a GT3R needs nylon straps for door pulls. It's just a status thing to set the GT3R apart from the run-of-the-mill Porsche and help justify the absurd price. It's not an attractive look. Your Mustang is not a GT3R. It would look even more cheesy.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Has anyone seen a mustang with pull strap for door handles. Interested in seeing if it's possible. I love the gt3r look. I know the weight saving is minimal and doesn't make a diff. More interested in the look.
The only sensible reason for having a pull strap would be because the doors no longer have their inner panels. Where only the inside stiffening for the door structure itself and support for the latch and maybe a window mechanism is left in place.

Are you ready to mod your car's interior to that extent?

Norm

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
There is no good reason why a GT3R needs nylon straps for door pulls. It's just a status thing to set the GT3R apart from the run-of-the-mill Porsche and help justify the absurd price. It's not an attractive look. Your Mustang is not a GT3R. It would look even more cheesy.
No good reason?!?!??? My man, itā€™s saving like 4oz! THINK OF THE TRACK GAINS
:p

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
No good reason?!?!??? My man, itā€™s saving like 4oz! THINK OF THE TRACK GAINS
:p
True until you travel with a bottle of water.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
True until you travel with a bottle of water.
But thatā€™s still 4oz less than if you had door handles! Itā€™s also best to follow Porscheā€™s lead to save another ounce by removing your 5.0 badges and using decals instead. It really makes a difference and totally isnā€™t Porsche just nickel and diming. Letā€™s also not forget to ALWAYS make on the potty before driving your car, otherwise nanoseconds in acceleration are just being thrown away, brochacho!

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
But thatā€™s still 4oz less than if you had door handles! Itā€™s also best to follow Porscheā€™s lead to save another ounce by removing your 5.0 badges and using decals instead. It really makes a difference and totally isnā€™t Porsche just nickel and diming. Letā€™s also not forget to ALWAYS make on the potty before driving your car, otherwise nanoseconds in acceleration are just being thrown away, brochacho!
I take a huge dump! That's an easy 5 lbs.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I take a huge dump! That's an easy 5 lbs.
TMI, although if you are racing after eating Chipotle I hear that can be bad for you 1/4 times.

Sponsored

TwunnyBux

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I think he was asking if anyone knew of a brand or website to find them. He didnā€™t say anyone about giving a sh!t what others thought about the idea. Iā€™m just saying.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I've seen straps on a mustang but it was a fully built race car with no interior at all, 6 point cage, fire suppression system, etc.

Granted it was cool but it was functional. Straps on a car with an interior would look kinda poser-ish.

Just my .02 but you do you.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
To each their own, but this up there with people who want to put trailer hitches and bike racks on it, then beat the hell out of it in a Midwest winter.
Sponsored