Door scuffs

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I would think something like this that has black dye in it would be good to fill in the scuffs: Forever Black or Solution Finish Black Trim Restorer. Other products like Mothers Back to Black are more like a creamy wax that eventually fade and get wiped away when you clean. I have used VRP but it doesn't last.
Normal scuffing should not harm and/or remove color. A good cleaning should get rid of the marks and a protectant will bring it back looking new.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Normal scuffing should not harm and/or remove color. A good cleaning should get rid of the marks and a protectant will bring it back looking new.
Normal scuffing can usually be wiped down and protected with VRP but for deeper scratches they will need a filler to try to blend them in. One of my door panels had a spot on it that got worse over time. I thought it was something on the door and tried to remove it. Ended up making a mess of it with a Mr. Clean Eraser so bad that have considered replacing the whole door panel. But my cheap ass is still searching for a way to repair it.

OP
OP
#1ford

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
No magic eraser for me! Lesson learned

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Thanks Johnny B have you tried it before? I think that it might work!
I have not. I have used a turtle wax interior cleaner that was a gift but was not impressed with the results. Spring is coming and I will be looking at cleaning similar marks off mine and will advise if I find something that works for me.

OP
OP
#1ford

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Johnny B!!!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
If the scuffs are from dirt, then any interior cleaner or All-Purpose-Cleaner will take care of that.

If the scuff is actually damage to the plastic itself, you have two options.

Firstly, clean the offending area with an APC, then dress it with some 303 Protectant. This won't remove the scuff but may make it look less noticeable. This is where you will need to decide if this is acceptable to you or not.

If not, re-clean the area then VERY CAREFULLY hover a heat gun over the area. The plastic seems to heal itself doing this. I will note I have never done this, so do at your own risk. The below video shows how it works -

(4) How to remove SCRATCHES from plastic PERMANANTLY - YouTube
Sponsored