Don't destroy your R Wheels.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Leave them on and drive it.
Easy to say.

I know I'm way too poor to even think about it. Makes me really glad I'm not getting an R. It would be way too hard to get over the first chips and every time I saw a pot hole I would be all over the road trying to avoid it.
Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Well I will admit it when I wrong..and boy was I wrong.(if this is real)..My best guess on replacement cost was 5-6K at the highest...and 4K was my guess....Im going to get a different locking lug on every wheel..crap....I just saw my insurance premium just go up..or get canceled.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Get the proper wheel offset and then order direct from Carbon Revolution a set of their 7 Spoke wheels. Should be half that price.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Well I will admit it when I wrong..and boy was I wrong.(if this is real)..My best guess on replacement cost was 5-6K at the highest...and 4K was my guess....Im going to get a different locking lug on every wheel..crap....I just saw my insurance premium just go up..or get canceled.
Make every lug locking I would lol

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Make every lug locking I would lol
Yes, agree with Yoda I do.

But really, how genuine is this info? There's really nothing other than a part number on that sheet. The prices could be from some random shop that is adding its own markup. Just seems far too expensive for a $65000 car.

-T

Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
You guys do realize I can manipulate an invoice to say 'retail' is whatever I want, right?

And you guys that get 'discounts' at your dealers, I'd double check that as well.

But as stated above, fords pricing on wheels is rather insane. The premium edge wheels are $2400 per wheel. And there's not a single wheel I know of on a later car that cost is <$500, save for a steel wheel or a shitty focus wheel. Hell the GT PP wheels are $1800 each or something list. I'm curious to see what cost of these wheels are...I'll check tomorrow ;)

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
Ouch....

While you guys are freaking out over wheels...I was freaking out over a simple spoiler... :first:

image.jpg

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Carbon Rev makes retail sets for 15k...with a volume purchase contract I am guessing invoice cost will be below 10k for Ford.
Ford is very aggressive with Suppliers, in general most OEM pay about 10% of what the list price is. So in the case of these wheels probably $3000.00. However cost and price have no definitive relation.

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Ford is very aggressive with Suppliers, in general most OEM pay about 10% of what the list price is.
What?!? So a GT350 only has $5K in parts? I've never heard "about 10%," and need to see some hard proof before I believe that number.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
haha, I'd have those wheels off the car and stored away so fast your head would spin.
This.

Mine would be off the car and in the basement for safe keeping the second I got it home.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
What?!? So a GT350 only has $5K in parts? I've never heard "about 10%," and need to see some hard proof before I believe that number.
Yes, some parts are much cheaper. 10% is pretty much considered industry standard.

One of the things my company does is costing. Cars are ridiculous cheap to build. This being said, the infrastructure, and R&D is not.

That cost also varies if the component is produced, researched, and designed internally.

Ford generally designs seats internally, and then a supplier build them to their specification. Multiple suppliers will build some components to meet Ford's volume. This can be done because Ford designed it, versus the supplier.

Chrysler on the other hand is rather supplier dependent, and their suppliers often design components to specifications given.

Some say automotive engineers build wonders with terrible materials, and it has to be cheap; and inverse is often true in aerospace. Now because of CAFE, then only way the current business model of petroleum powered vehicles stay reliant is to lightweight. You are seeing more and more, use of Aluminum, Magnesium, Carbon Fiber, Structural polymers, thin High Strength steels, and the untraditional joining of multiple dissimilar materials.

A perfect example is Mercedes, their cars always feature the last and greatest tech. That why you pay 160K for an loaded AMG that is worth a humble fraction of that in 3-5 years. Because there is a premium to get tech that is not widely available into your car. Companies have had the capability to put computers and digital displays which control everything into cars for years.

Why haven't they?

Because it wasn't cheap.

I couldn't give you those numbers as proof because people pay alot of money to find that out about their competition.

Last edited:

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
While you guys are freaking out over wheels...I was freaking out over a simple spoiler... :first:
That's pretty much ballpark pricing for most aftermarket carbon fiber wings. Not a bad deal IMO for a carbon wing that was aerodynamically designed specifically for the Mustang.

Sered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 335i, big turbo, big fuel
It's too bad you can't get Volk TE37SLs for Mustangs. I've got a set on my M3, 18x9.5 in the front and 18x11 in the rear and the front weighs 17.5lbs while the rear weighs about 18lbs. The 19" variety adds about 1lbs to each. They're a lot cheaper than $7k/wheel, in fact you can buy a full set for about $3500.
Sponsored