Sponsored

Don't destroy your R Wheels.

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Sure would be nice to be able to order that car without those expensive rims. Help bring down some of the pricing.
Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Add to the the title "AND DONT PARK IT ANYWHERE IN PUBLIC, EVER"

But yeah, pricing seems right from ford, typically over a 100% markup for spare parts. Heck they charge $1000 for a crummy cast wheel that only likely costs them $150-200
I know what you mean but actually list price isn't marked up at all, you just don't get a discount, so your paying list. R owners will likely get a discount for replacements as well as race teams. 30-40% off list should not be unreasonable for those wheels to an existing owner. If not, the hell with Ford and it's shady dealers.

OP should ask dealer owner or general manager for discount if your serious and have cash or debit card in hand. May pay a little more with CC to cover that 3%.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
So basically you can buy a new base GT for the same price of those rims

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Sure would be nice to be able to order that car without those expensive rims. Help bring down some of the pricing.
Sorta defeats the purpose of the R doesn't it? If anything it shows the true value of the R package

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
haha, I'd have those wheels off the car and stored away so fast your head would spin.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I know what you mean but actually list price isn't marked up at all, you just don't get a discount, so your paying list. R owners will likely get a discount for replacements as well as race teams. 30-40% off list should not be unreasonable for those wheels to an existing owner. If not, the hell with Ford and it's shady dealers.

OP should ask dealer owner or general manager for discount if your serious and have cash or debit card in hand. May pay a little more with CC to cover that 3%.
Sorry, markup was the wrong term, profit margin is the correct term. Now im sure they will go for less than list, but either way, huge margins there.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Sorry, markup was the wrong term, profit margin is the correct term. Now im sure they will go for less than list, but either way, huge margins there.
They will for whole sale commercial accounts. I could order a set for 20% less then list. I get 25% at some dealers.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Why take them off and store them? Why buy the R at all then? The biggest thing the R has is the CF wheels.

Mine as well get the 350 track pack and delete the real seat for $100-200 for the kit. Save yourself a bit of money too.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I am going to start buying Rs, sell the wheels and discounting the car for $15k.. and make money on both ends.

Sponsored

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0
R wheel pricing is out.

In case anyone was curious.

Shelby GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheels Pricing.jpeg
This is crazy!

These are definitely amazing wheels, but that price is just insane.

I might just see some awesome replicas in out future for a fraction of the cost :cheers:

-Will

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I bought the R for the extras and CF wheels is big part of it.
Taking them off would seem to defeat the purpose.
I would be better off to buy non R if not going to enjoy all that it comes with.
Now I likely won't ever leave it anywhere LOL

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
They could have gone with 1-piece monoblock forged wheels for 1/3 the cost of the carbon rims. Or they could have gone with rotary flow-formed "forged" wheels for 1/6 the cost. Either way, each wheel would have been about 23 lbs. versus 18 for carbon. 5 lbs. a wheel. BFD. Get forged rims and sell the carbon ones and pocket the difference!

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I lol'd.... really hard... :lol:

You would think Ford thought they had a Ferrari or something.... :headbonk:
Sponsored