Sponsored

Does Ford Have a Mustang Surprise for the 60th Anniversary?

OP
OP
armytc

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
Most dealers in my area, Western PA have Mustangs, no shortage. I have yet to see an S650 on the road. Of course, the weather here is still cold. Most of the GT's I see listed are between $54K and $56K without the GT Performance Package. They have a $2K rebate on the 24's.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Most dealers in my area, Western PA have Mustangs, no shortage. I have yet to see an S650 on the road. Of course, the weather here is still cold. Most of the GT's I see listed are between $54K and $56K without the GT Performance Package. They have a $2K rebate on the 24's.
Yeah I’ve noticed the bigger rebates are coming back. Definitely a sign that they’re sitting in most dealer lots

MM24GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Probably will be a special paint and appearance package. Pony interior and a nifty dash plaque. A 10 hp bump in power to keep it above the stock GT and below the DH.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
The GTD is a special Mustang, but a stratospheric price tag. If a top end Dark Horse is $90K and the GTD is $300K-ish, how many more cars will they sell if they bring out $150K Mustang?

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
Being in California you would think that I would see a lot of them. I’ve only seen about three and two of them were ecoboost. I had one 5.0 that I could hear because I had the windows down and he refused to pull up next to me for some reason. It was really crazy. He just stayed back until I just took off. Seen a lot on lots but haven’t driven one yet. I think when the weather gets nicer I’ll go in for a test drive just to see how they react when I pull in with the M1.
They’ll salivate hoping to get their hands on your M1…it would probably score a spot indoors in the showroom! Although in contrast to the S650s sitting next to it they may want to rethink that, after all they have to sell the new models 🤣 !

Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
ITT: “NEW CAR BAD OLD CAR GOOD”

OP
OP
armytc

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
Ford could have saved a lot of money by keeping the S550 body with a few mechanical upgrades. The BULLITT, the MACH 1, and the GT500 had the "WOW" factor. Where's the "WOW" now? They even downgraded the EcoBoost. A Dark Horse with two I-Pads on the dash and a $70K sticker just doesn't get it!
Sorry, the S650 was built to sell to the 20-30 year olds. I'm sure they have the cash flow for a $1200-$1500/month payment.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Ford could have saved a lot of money by keeping the S550 body with a few mechanical upgrades. The BULLITT, the MACH 1, and the GT500 had the "WOW" factor. Where's the "WOW" now? They even downgraded the EcoBoost. A Dark Horse with two I-Pads on the dash and a $70K sticker just doesn't get it!
Sorry, the S650 was built to sell to the 20-30 year olds. I'm sure they have the cash flow for a $1200-$1500/month payment.
I’m 26. The car is cool but doesn’t have the it factor like the S550s did for me. My buddies all agree. Maybe it’s because I live near Detroit and people are old school about their cars here. Honestly not sure who’s buying it, people who don’t know a lot about cars but heard the Mustang is cool and social media influencers maybe

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’m 26. The car is cool but doesn’t have the it factor like the S550s did for me. My buddies all agree. Maybe it’s because I live near Detroit and people are old school about their cars here. Honestly not sure who’s buying it, people who don’t know a lot about cars but heard the Mustang is cool and social media influencers maybe
I’ve seen a mix of folks driving them around here. Guys more in my demographic (40’s to 60’s) as well as some of the 20-30 something’s. The general body design is still very similar to S550, its more of the design intricacies that differentiate S650. For the folks in my demographic that have/had Mustangs in the past, as I stated previously (or maybe in a different thread, I don’t know I’m getting old 🤭) S650 is for those that want brand new and don’t currently have an S550.

You’ll start seeing them more, just takes some time now that we’re back in a more normalized car market. I remember it being a while before I started seeing a fair amount of S550’s when they first rolled out. And with Camaro gone and Charger/Challenger out for a bit and coming back totally different, folks that want the American V8 will get on board.

Sponsored
OP
OP
armytc

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
You could spend $5995 for the new low gloss paint. That would solve your problem!

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
The GTD is a special Mustang, but a stratospheric price tag. If a top end Dark Horse is $90K and the GTD is $300K-ish, how many more cars will they sell if they bring out $150K Mustang?
I’ll bet you could count them on one hand

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If anyone wants some 60th memorabilia, check this out. It’s a bit pricey but it comes with some of the emblems used throughout the years in addition to the book

https://iconicglobalsports.com/