Sponsored

Does DIB look purple?

alexx205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
I think there are other blues out there, that have less purple in it than DIB and for me look better because of that. But I like it anyways and it is my favorit Mustang color.
My 2012 kona blue stang looks a little purple on overcast days, too, and I do not really like that purple, but it is the only dark blue there was ;-) On a sunny day it is really great. And I think this is less with DIB than with kona blue. Am I right?

OP
OP
GT

GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V-6
Cloudy day
The Escape/Fusion I saw on an overcast day looked way more purple that this. I wonder if it really is the same exact shade of DIB.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Yes. It is the same. The only time DIB actually looks blue is in bright sunlight.

Only Ford's trucks are actually blue. They paint the cars blurple.

Sponsored

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
So far we have no reason to believe DIB, Ruby Red, Race Red, Oxford, or Comp Orange will look any different on the S550 than on the S197 or SN95 generations or other Ford cars/trucks. Ford uses a different paint process now (triple coating etc) but I would not expect the color shade to be any different than what we're all used to.

The DIB on the 2015 looks identical to the current Mustang, it's just that the sleekness of the new car actually works better with this color (and the darker shades) IMO.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
DIB has much less purple tint to it than kona. In my opinion kona looked very purple when out of direct sun or that end of day glare on the car. DIB hold the blue better and only takes a slight purple tint from what I have seen. I owned a kona 2010 but my DIB opinions are based on pics and seeing cars out and about

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I saw a DIB Fusion while it was freezing rain today. It looked like a pretty sweet color to me.

brookdo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang V6 Race Red
I was just with my mom at the Ford dealership yesterday and we saw a DIB mustang there and the first thing she said when she saw it was.. "that looks purple!" I agreed. Really wish it didn't look purple.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Sure wish Ford would bring back Vista Blue....it was the best blue Ford ever produced in my opinion. I wouldn't usually think about buying a blue car, but a 2015 Mustang in Vista Blue would sure get my attention and make me seriously think about buying my first blue car!

Sponsored

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
DIB is at the top of my list, along with Orange for my next halo 'Stang.

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert
Honda has a similar deep blue for the Accord that looks more purple under certain light. Made me stay away from it, i bought a Dark Gray instead, looked sleeker

Honesty

town crier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i
The DIB one I saw could be pretty purple from the right angles. It enhanced the depth of the paint very well. Usually you'll see two or three different color flecks in a pearl paint job.

Honda's Nighthawk Black Metallic paint has blue and gold in it. Nissan's Pearl White blue and pink in it. And so on.

That said, I think flat colors are going to look best on these Mustangs. Wish they had a flat blue for it.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I saw DIB in person many times and it always looked blue to me

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Ford really had some sharp looking blues in the past. The DIB may be a good color for some but with it's purple tones not so much for me. We could probably argue colors all day. I think the wait is killing a lot of guys that are on the fence and close to buying. We just have to see all the available colors in action on the street.
Sponsored