Sponsored

Does DIB look purple?

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
The DIB one I saw could be pretty purple from the right angles. It enhanced the depth of the paint very well. Usually you'll see two or three different color flecks in a pearl paint job.

That said, I think flat colors are going to look best on these Mustangs. Wish they had a flat blue for it.
I disagree, for the reason stated in your first paragraph. I think the metallics really help accentuate the sexy curves of the car and give the whole exterior more depth. IMO, flat colors are boring. To each his own though...
Sponsored

kd4gij

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 mustang gt vista blue
Sure wish Ford would bring back Vista Blue....it was the best blue Ford ever produced in my opinion. I wouldn't usually think about buying a blue car, but a 2015 Mustang in Vista Blue would sure get my attention and make me seriously think about buying my first blue car!

Plus 1 on vista :thumbsup:

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I really like DIB on the 2015 and it has moved to the top of my list based on the available pics. However, when I have seen what I believe to be DIB in person on other Ford vehicles it seems to appear more flat, less metallic and slightly purple.

J50

Threads
Reaction score
I really like DIB on the 2015 and it has moved to the top of my list based on the available pics. However, when I have seen what I believe to be DIB in person on other Ford vehicles it seems to appear more flat, less metallic and slightly purple.
Looked at a few DIB 5.O coupes today....it's a nice color. Though as some said has a slight purple look to it in the shade. Looks blue in the sun.

In the end, I don't think most people would confuse it for a purple color.

Sponsored

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
Went to the auto show here in Minneapolis yesterday. We had a 2015 GT in Ingot Silver on display. Absolutely love the car, but would go in a different color. As far as the DIB/purple issue some are having, just compare it to Dodge's Plum Crazy- now that's one ugly color. Bold, but ugly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
IMO deep impact blue is the best color in the sun, I can't stop staring every time I see it. And then every time I see it on a cloudy day or at night it looks purple and I get really sad.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
IMO deep impact blue is the best color in the sun, I can't stop staring every time I see it. And then every time I see it on a cloudy day or at night it looks purple and I get really sad.
That's exactly how I feel about it too. And for me it was even worse when the '05 came out and the only dark blue they offered was the same blurple color on the '15. I wonder if they'll ever go back to offering a dark blue Mustang.

It amazes me they can offer such great colors on their other vehicles and leave the goofy looking ones for the Mustang.

DeepImpactGT

Threads
Reaction score
I love dark metallic grey colors on all my Euro cars I have owned (Audi's, MB, BMW) but I will ONLY order the 2015 GT in DIB! :D

I like how the color stands out in bright daylight but then also has the "darker" presence as twilight turns into night... and when there is a full moon out this color look AMAZING! :cool:

DeepImpactGT

Threads
Reaction score
Looked at a few DIB 5.O coupes today....it's a nice color. Though as some said has a slight purple look to it in the shade. Looks blue in the sun.

In the end, I don't think most people would confuse it for a purple color.
I agree - I live in Austin, TX so tons of bright sunlight each month. This is one of the reasons I am going to order the DIB for sure... not even considering any other color. If I lived in a more cloudy location like Mpls or Portland I would probably go with a grey color. I am going to run dark silver or light metallic grey 20" mess wheels on my 2015 and I like those type of wheels on blue painted cars - not really worried if the car looks a bit purple on occasion.

I like black painted cars but I hate to take care of black painted cars... no more! LOL! ;)

Sponsored

Ziganrev

Threads
Reaction score

My Sapphire Blue 95 looks purple most of the time.

I wouldnt mind getting a '15 if its similar.

Devon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Sure wish Ford would bring back Vista Blue....it was the best blue Ford ever produced in my opinion. I wouldn't usually think about buying a blue car, but a 2015 Mustang in Vista Blue would sure get my attention and make me seriously think about buying my first blue car!
Agreed, great shade of blue with *no purple!* :thumbsup:

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
The Vista Blue I remember was just as purple as DIB. So was the 2005 Sonic Blue. Which is exactly why I didn't buy one. I'll give you that in bright sunlight they are great looking blues. However, for a true blue that's always blue, Ford's best is what they were using on the trucks for a while (not sure if they still do) and the dark blues they used in the 60's.
DSC00007.JPG
2006_00021_01.jpg

DIB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger
The jazz blue pearl coat is nice on the dodges.
image.jpg
Sponsored