Does anyone like their Ford dealer?

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
I've purchased two cars from my local dealer in the last two years, including my GT. Sales was very good and worked hard to find the Mustang I wanted. Wife's car was on the lot. I cannot say anything about service because neither one has been to them. I do my own routine stuff. A lot of folks in my neighborhood have also bought from them and i am not hearing any complaints, so i am taking that as a good sign should the day ever come when i need to pay them a visit.
Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Yea, I do.
Mine is in Easley, SC.
About 135 miles away, but a GREAT dealer.
Even the salesman calls, texts or eMails me over offers and specials.
I have sent several customers his way.

Sure DON'T do that for my EX- Harley dealer, though.

I try my BEST to steer people AWAY from them.............................:punch:

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
i have a ford dealer 5 min from my house, but i drive 30 min to the dealer in the next state because i dont like and dont trust the one 5min away from my house.
i have given them multiple chances, stopping in to inquire about cars over the last 10 years and i get the same crappy attitude as if im just a wanna-be car owner..
when i bought my 2015 mustang i stopped in there to see what i could get (knowing i had one on order at the other dealership with one phone call to them) and even told
the salesman i talked to that i could walk out today and get one for far less than what he was telling me they would sell it for (they were asking $5k over MSRP on a Base GT)
and he just shrugged his shoulders at me and walked away....

unfortunate. i cannot see how people go to them to buy their cars, when they can drive 20 min north and go to a better dealer and better pricing.....
Same here, my only dealer is walking distance from my house and I wouldn't let them service my lawnmower, I drive interstate for a holiday and get it serviced while I'm there!

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Our family relationship with our Ford dealer is the reason we are pretty much a Ford family now. I grew up in a GM house, dad had a 3500 Silverado to tow his race car with. I am not sure how or why he went and test drove an F-350 but after that it's been all Ford's in our house hold. Only reason I am not in a Ford now is when my Focus died I was in a pinch and the Mazda was the best car for me at the time(and my former Ford salesguy worked at the Mazda dealer)

Our dealer has always taken care of us, from sales to service we love them. Will be interesting to see how it goes moving forward, some of our old contacts have retired though

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Ripley & Fletcher Ford in western Maine has been good to me. I ordered my car through them, they emailed me pics when it arrived, undercoated it for me, and helped me get a $1000 discount I didn't know about. Their service manager has a Fox body that he mods and takes to the drag strip, so I'm comfortable taking my car there for mods that go deeper than I want to dig myself. And their body shop went out of their way to get me all the insurance money I was due for a minor ding, then they did a fantastic job with all my CF body panels.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There's a dealer near me that I really like for buying parts and buying cars as well. I haven't had much luck with their service - to the point where I won't even cash in a free oil change coupon with them.

There's a second dealer who I feel is great for service, but their parts are way too expensive and prices on cars are too high.

I think it just depends on who is running the show and what their policies are.

BlackStallion18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 5.0 Mustang w/Performance Package 1
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my 2018 5.0 from a dealership across town as opposed to the one half a mile from my house because the salesman at the dealership closer to me made me feel like I was wasting his time and he didn't take me seriously. Fast forward about 5 months later, the 10R80 in my 2018 GT took a dump on me. I had my car towed from my house to the dealership that's about half a mile from my house. My service advisor was great, she would text me a few times throughout the day giving me updates on the car and even sent a few pictures as well. The whole process took about a month to rebuild the transmission, which was fine because they gave me a convertible ecoboost to drive during that time. The dealership went as far as extending my warranty another 2 years due to the car being defective so early in it's life. They also paid for my insurance that month as well as my car payment!! Capitol Ford in San Jose, CA is a small dealership but their service team is awesome!

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
JONES FORD in Shallotte North Carolina on RT 17. These people treat you right and no B/S. If you develop a problem they make any adjustment or repair happen. Shout out to the Marshburn boys.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
The Dealer I bought my current car from is a CROOK but has a few GOOD FOLKS working for him.......unfortunately NONE IN THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT!!:frown:

When I drove my NEW CAR home I checked the oil.......NOT EVEN ON THE STICK......added 2 Quarts and it was full.......the CERTIFIED SERVICE DEPT. only added 8 Quarts when they did their "Certified Service".....GO FIGGER!!:explode:

Yesterday I decided to check the differential and stuck my little finger in to see if it was just below the Fill Hole........NOTHING!! I had to add 6 ounces to get it up to within 1/2" of the Fill Hole........I'll probably change it next week!!:curse:

I sent another SCATHING email to the Used Car Sales Manager (he's actually a GREAT guy) asking WHAT NEXT??:crying: I also told him his Service Department could BREAK A DAMN ANVIL IN A SAND BOX!!:facepalm: I doubt it'll do any good and I'm certainly NEVER taking my car to them for anything!!:lipssealed:

I do have a GOOD FRIEND who's the Service Manager at the Dealership in St. George, SC.......they will be my Dealership of choice should I need anything!! :like::like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I like the one I use. I also like my service advisor.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had a great relationship with Kennedy Ford when I lived in NJ. When I moved to Myrtle Beach back in 17' I had three choices. One was local but no one had anything good to say about them. One was about 30 minutes South of where I am. Good reputation but a little to far for me. Then there was Conway Ford, in Conway, SC. Started by bringing my wife's 15' Escape in for service, then my 15' EB. Always treated me well so when the time came for a new Escape for the wife in 18' I went to them. Now I still did my due diligence but they gave me a great deal and I bought it. So now it's time to get my Mustang. My salesman worked his ass off to find me the car I wanted. The general manager made the deal work and the rest is history. Funny story. When I brought my car in for the horn upgrade (done at no cost) an older gentleman sat down and started talking to me. Just stuff in general and cars too. Spent about fifteen minutes with me. Never mentioned he was the owner :). Yeah, I love my dealer. Good people.
Beach Ford is generally a miss. They just did dumb shit with my ST when I took it in for warranty work and didn’t really provide half ass decent customer service and tried charging me for warrantied parts where if I didn’t understand cars/warranties I would’ve paid out of pocket for something that should’ve been free. My family has brought cars from there and there’s been several issues with services, customer service in general.

Conway Ford is several steps ahead and my only gripe about them is some of the sales staff there is super small town, small minded and “good ole boy” mentality. But their service department has always been good, quick and fair.

Tidelands is by far the best. Have had nothing but outstanding service with them several times with my ST for warranty items and they treat you like gold.

Now where I’m at, I bought my GT from Sawgrass Ford and while I wasn’t thrilled with the sales management, the dealership as a whole and the service department is good - especially for how high volume they are. When my intake manifold took a dump, the service advisor was open to my suggestion of what the issue was. I did have to follow up a couple of times before they reached out to me but they were always courteous and kept me abreast of where my car was at related to diagnostics, repair, etc. They sent a driver out of their normal range to pick me up when my car was ready as well.

Pompano Ford has high remarks in South Florida and Autonation Ford in Margate can go milk a bull for all I care.

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
I purchased my 18 from Sayville Ford in LI and every encounter with them has been more than a pleasure. I've been using their parts department for many years and they are more than accommodating and helpful. When I went to search for an Oxford white with a manual transmission Sayville Ford had one on their lot. I negotiated with the salesman man and he returns with an offer doubling our original proposed negotiation. Effectively paying considerably less than the window sticker will all taxes and fees included.

When I get my oil changes and it's going to be a while they offer me a loner car . All the service underwriters are great and not once have I seen a hidden free or been pushed for extra service. They just treat you great and like family.

I'm comparing this experience after dealing with Smithtown Ford when I purchased a new 2011 fiesta for my daily commute. They are crooks and mutts but this is a story for another time. Things might have changed since I've been there but I doubt it.
To make a long story short I'm really happy with Sayville Ford. Sayville Ford was my fourth experience buying a vehicle from a dealership so I'm comparing them to prior experiences.

Icarus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
As my first car ever with a warranty, I was completely pissed off with Freeway Ford in Denver for the way they handled my car, and their sad customer service. Like everyone of us, I'm very skeptical of who touches my car. I took it in for a broken 3-4 shift fork at 19,000 miles. That sucked, no indication, ever, that would happen (1/18 build date). Whatever, under warranty anyway, and it's going to the very dealer i bought it from, I thought. Ask them to do a 4 wheel alignment as well. Holy shit-nightmare, engage! If the steering wheel being crooked 5 degrees wasnt enough, they managed to scratch all 4 rims with the alignment machine. Then they "fixed" them-with some "rim" dude and a can of vatozone spray paint. I told them hell no, that won't work, I paint for a living, and have the gift of sight. They said we will buy you 4 new rims. As a bonus-or so I thought-they tore the bead on the rear tire when swapping to "new" rim and so said they would replace the rear tires. And they did-with the wrong ones. Of course, it was snowing when I picked the car up so didn't notice till I washed it a week later. That's when I could clearly see that one rim was dogshit- the painter had missed spraying a spoke and so i could see the scuffed surface underneath. Nope, these were not new rims, but refinished. Just like we all want, right?! But wait-they weren't done with their 5-star service- someone had managed to run my brand new front tire into something sharp (pothole,alignment machine?) while it was there, for the 5th time after initially getting it back, knocking a chunk out of the sidewall which toasted it. Showed them that when i had to take it back for proper tires. Long story/rant made shorter, they won't own up to the rim problem, "too much time has passed since you picked it up". Of course I complained to corporate, and they of course said "sorry, but it's out of our control and so you have to solve it with Freeway Ford". Well, Freeway Ford has sold me their last vehicle. I will flame them every chance I get, I still get bent out of shape thinking about it. In fact, I'm disappointed as hell in Ford. It took me many beaters and a ridiculous payment to get to this car, and the people at Freeway Ford shit all over the care and pride I put into this vehicle, and the work it took to get here. Amazes me that the people at Ford don't feel the same as I do about my ride-it is their line of work, afterall- but I've given up trying to figure out how most places stay in business. 2 months, 7 trips to the dealer and I have less of a car than what I brought in. Corporate did compensate me one month's payment- because it took a month to get a trans in the car, not because of piss poor service on behalf of their dealer. No way would I buy another new vehicle from Ford, they have lost all trust from me. Without a doubt, the absolute worst and most incompetent service I have ever had, anywhere- and I have Comcast. Drivetrain failure is perhaps what all of us fear the worst. That was the only reason it even went to the dealer in the first place. To conclude: I'll be glad when the car is out of warranty-that frees me of even having to think about having to take it back to a dealer for anything.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
No. I have 4 dealers within 20 minutes and I stay home to service it myself. I drove 125 miles each way miles to get mine.
Sponsored