Does anyone like their Ford dealer?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I read a lot of dealer bashing here and most of it sounds justified. I always try to get to know the people I do business with. I had a bad experience here with the closest dealer and have since sent tons of business 20 minutes away. I won't name the bad one, but Courtesy Ford in Breaux Bridge has done nothing but make me feel wanted and welcome.

One example, when I first drove the car home and gave rides, I romped hard on the throttle and the large air tube that attaches to the passenger side of the engine came disconnected. Scared the crap out of me because it sounded like a 747 landing. Called service department and told them what happened, they said to bring it on in and I will get the next bay whenever I come. When it cooled down, I looked and loosened the clamp, reattached and tightened, all was good. I called service back to tell them what I did and asked if they still wanted to see it to make sure it's OK. They said it wouldn't be necessary as long as the clamp was there and tight. It's not often that a dealer will turn away an easy warranty repair to collect from Ford, but they did.

Another example. A month later on my first road trip my female companion lost my spare key fob in New Mexico. I called the number on my key chain expecting the operator so I could tell her that if someone calls with a found key fob in New Mexico that it's mine. That number was my salesman's cell, he answered "Hello George, what can I do for you today?". I told him what happened and he said he would have one waiting for me when I got back. He did, AND he reminded me that the extended warranty I purchased covers lost or damaged key fobs.

The employees that don't know my name either know me by my car (Red Mustang), or my employer since our company provides a service to the Courtesy Group. Our company vehicles will get the next rack if we call or email my service writer in advance.

That's service!

I moved here from the Birmingham, Alabama area, and had the same relationship with Jim Skinner Ford which sold to a competitor a few years back. Knew the owners and service manager.

Is there any other love for your Ford dealer? Disclaimer: I do not work for or have ever worked for a car dealer. I have been in my industry since 1981.
Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
i have a ford dealer 5 min from my house, but i drive 30 min to the dealer in the next state because i dont like and dont trust the one 5min away from my house.
i have given them multiple chances, stopping in to inquire about cars over the last 10 years and i get the same crappy attitude as if im just a wanna-be car owner..
when i bought my 2015 mustang i stopped in there to see what i could get (knowing i had one on order at the other dealership with one phone call to them) and even told
the salesman i talked to that i could walk out today and get one for far less than what he was telling me they would sell it for (they were asking $5k over MSRP on a Base GT)
and he just shrugged his shoulders at me and walked away....

unfortunate. i cannot see how people go to them to buy their cars, when they can drive 20 min north and go to a better dealer and better pricing.....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I had a great relationship with Kennedy Ford when I lived in NJ. When I moved to Myrtle Beach back in 17' I had three choices. One was local but no one had anything good to say about them. One was about 30 minutes South of where I am. Good reputation but a little to far for me. Then there was Conway Ford, in Conway, SC. Started by bringing my wife's 15' Escape in for service, then my 15' EB. Always treated me well so when the time came for a new Escape for the wife in 18' I went to them. Now I still did my due diligence but they gave me a great deal and I bought it. So now it's time to get my Mustang. My salesman worked his ass off to find me the car I wanted. The general manager made the deal work and the rest is history. Funny story. When I brought my car in for the horn upgrade (done at no cost) an older gentleman sat down and started talking to me. Just stuff in general and cars too. Spent about fifteen minutes with me. Never mentioned he was the owner :). Yeah, I love my dealer. Good people.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered my car though Vickar Ford, great sales people! However any issues / warranty / service (that i can't handle) I bring it to Birchwood Ford. Mainly cause I don't like the Service manager at Vickar. Brought my car in cause the d-side 5.0 emblem came loose, very FIRST question he asked me 'was I racing'. I shit you not lol.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Still text my salesman and talk about mods, he has an 18 and sold me my 19. The service dept. has only seen the car once because interior panels were installed wrong/misaligned from the factory. They seemed okay but I still do my own maintenance because piece of mind and I enjoy it.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Chevy dealers in my area (near Detroit) put Ford dealers to shame.. They're the worst. Their service departments are like the honey badger with their customers. And the sales people are sleazy.

bmrylnd5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@sugoispec
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
i have a ford dealer 5 min from my house, but i drive 30 min to the dealer in the next state because i dont like and dont trust the one 5min away from my house.
i have given them multiple chances, stopping in to inquire about cars over the last 10 years and i get the same crappy attitude as if im just a wanna-be car owner..
when i bought my 2015 mustang i stopped in there to see what i could get (knowing i had one on order at the other dealership with one phone call to them) and even told
the salesman i talked to that i could walk out today and get one for far less than what he was telling me they would sell it for (they were asking $5k over MSRP on a Base GT)
and he just shrugged his shoulders at me and walked away....

unfortunate. i cannot see how people go to them to buy their cars, when they can drive 20 min north and go to a better dealer and better pricing.....
I do the same thing, literally a dealership down the street from me (also where I bought the car), but service is so bad I drive 30mins to another location that's seemingly better (only time will tell).

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I had my dealer cancel my warranty that I purchased for my old ecoboost, it took over a month and many e-mails and dealer visits to do. Ridiculous.

Buying process was fine, though.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've had good and bad experiences. I bought my '14 from a dealer and they seemed pretty good to deal with, but nothing really stood out as spectacular. When I was shopping for an '18, I went to an auto show and they set me up with a test drive at a dealer a little closer to my zip code. I called and told them what I wanted to test out (10-speed auto, Magneride), and they said they had a car I could check out with those. I went down, and they said they had just sold it.

After a few minutes, they asked me to talk with the sales manager, and he suggested a '17 still on the lot. I explained that I wanted the 10-speed and Magneride, and it was like I didn't say anything, he just kept going back to that '17 on the lot. I finally just said it looks like it's not going to happen that day and left.

I then drove to the dealership I had bought my '14 from, explained that I wanted to test drive the 10-speed and Magneride (didn't mention the other dealerhship), and the salesman bent over backwards to find a car on the lot for me to drive. Moved a bunch around, had it gassed up, and set me up with someone to ride with me. When I got back from the drive I checked in with the salesman, and he just said "let me know if you're interested, or need anything else." No push to buy anything, no follow up, it just sounded like he wanted to help a potential customer. That's who I bought my '18 from.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I've dealt with the same dealer for 20 years, but 6 months ago I started going to a lincoln dealer half a mile closer. long story but they F'd up my daughters escape due to their incompetence and their don't care attitude.

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I've bought my two Mustangs and have ordered a third from Apple Ford in Columbia, Maryland. I like them a great deal.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Chevy dealers in my area (near Detroit) put Ford dealers to shame.. They're the worst. Their service departments are like the honey badger with their customers. And the sales people are sleazy.
Which Ford dealer(s) are you going to??
Sponsored