Sponsored

Does anyone like their Ford dealer?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Beach Ford is generally a miss. They just did dumb shit with my ST when I took it in for warranty work and didn’t really provide half ass decent customer service and tried charging me for warrantied parts where if I didn’t understand cars/warranties I would’ve paid out of pocket for something that should’ve been free. My family has brought cars from there and there’s been several issues with services, customer service in general.

Conway Ford is several steps ahead and my only gripe about them is some of the sales staff there is super small town, small minded and “good ole boy” mentality. But their service department has always been good, quick and fair.

Tidelands is by far the best. Have had nothing but outstanding service with them several times with my ST for warranty items and they treat you like gold.

Now where I’m at, I bought my GT from Sawgrass Ford and while I wasn’t thrilled with the sales management, the dealership as a whole and the service department is good - especially for how high volume they are. When my intake manifold took a dump, the service advisor was open to my suggestion of what the issue was. I did have to follow up a couple of times before they reached out to me but they were always courteous and kept me abreast of where my car was at related to diagnostics, repair, etc. They sent a driver out of their normal range to pick me up when my car was ready as well.

Pompano Ford has high remarks in South Florida and Autonation Ford in Margate can go milk a bull for all I care.
+1 Pompano Ford Lincoln. Jeff Balaban. Always excellent service and they performed all my Ford mods.
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked mine up from LaFontaine in Brich Run mi. Best Ford dealer I’ve dealt with so far. I had hear good things about there other ford dealership in Lansing. This is going to be my new dealer for service. I was starting to fear I wasn’t going to find a decent one.

Troy Carter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Call Skippy at Van Drunen Ford if your around Chicago...they have ALWAYS taken care of me.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
As my first car ever with a warranty, I was completely pissed off with Freeway Ford in Denver for the way they handled my car, and their sad customer service. Like everyone of us, I'm very skeptical of who touches my car. I took it in for a broken 3-4 shift fork at 19,000 miles. That sucked, no indication, ever, that would happen (1/18 build date). Whatever, under warranty anyway, and it's going to the very dealer i bought it from, I thought. Ask them to do a 4 wheel alignment as well. Holy shit-nightmare, engage! If the steering wheel being crooked 5 degrees wasnt enough, they managed to scratch all 4 rims with the alignment machine. Then they "fixed" them-with some "rim" dude and a can of vatozone spray paint. I told them hell no, that won't work, I paint for a living, and have the gift of sight. They said we will buy you 4 new rims. As a bonus-or so I thought-they tore the bead on the rear tire when swapping to "new" rim and so said they would replace the rear tires. And they did-with the wrong ones. Of course, it was snowing when I picked the car up so didn't notice till I washed it a week later. That's when I could clearly see that one rim was dogshit- the painter had missed spraying a spoke and so i could see the scuffed surface underneath. Nope, these were not new rims, but refinished. Just like we all want, right?! But wait-they weren't done with their 5-star service- someone had managed to run my brand new front tire into something sharp (pothole,alignment machine?) while it was there, for the 5th time after initially getting it back, knocking a chunk out of the sidewall which toasted it. Showed them that when i had to take it back for proper tires. Long story/rant made shorter, they won't own up to the rim problem, "too much time has passed since you picked it up". Of course I complained to corporate, and they of course said "sorry, but it's out of our control and so you have to solve it with Freeway Ford". Well, Freeway Ford has sold me their last vehicle. I will flame them every chance I get, I still get bent out of shape thinking about it. In fact, I'm disappointed as hell in Ford. It took me many beaters and a ridiculous payment to get to this car, and the people at Freeway Ford shit all over the care and pride I put into this vehicle, and the work it took to get here. Amazes me that the people at Ford don't feel the same as I do about my ride-it is their line of work, afterall- but I've given up trying to figure out how most places stay in business. 2 months, 7 trips to the dealer and I have less of a car than what I brought in. Corporate did compensate me one month's payment- because it took a month to get a trans in the car, not because of piss poor service on behalf of their dealer. No way would I buy another new vehicle from Ford, they have lost all trust from me. Without a doubt, the absolute worst and most incompetent service I have ever had, anywhere- and I have Comcast. Drivetrain failure is perhaps what all of us fear the worst. That was the only reason it even went to the dealer in the first place. To conclude: I'll be glad when the car is out of warranty-that frees me of even having to think about having to take it back to a dealer for anything.

Man , did you get taken for a ride. Sorry for your pain. I guess that's why they are called Dealers all they can do is deal. Service...well that is something else.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Holman Ford in turnersville NJ. Is a good place to do business with. Bought 3 new and one used car from them in the last 20 years. And every experience has been swift and friendly. They don’t try to nickel and dime you and they are pretty willing to negotiate on price. I’ve never used their service department. So I can’t comment on that.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ve tried to buy every new Ford in the last few years locally. All of them the sales side has been bad. Two of them(same owner) the service side is a joke as well. The third Chalmers Ford, the service department has been top notch. I’m only referring to warranty work. I could also be lucky with a good service advisor as well.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
I like my local dealer for small stuff. Parts, oil changes and such. They have good prices and good service. Anytime i've needed more work, i get a run around in regards to scheduling and to actually completing it right.
When i need large repairs i have another dealer about 15 miles away i go to.

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
I'll echo a couple other guys here. Local dealer to me is a great buying experience, but I wouldn't let them service my lawnmower. Wouldn't piss me off as much but you'd expect better for $120-$140 an hour.

Between me and my dad we buy alot of cars there. I give the free oil change coupons to my sales guy.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
+1 Pompano Ford Lincoln. Jeff Balaban. Always excellent service and they performed all my Ford mods.
might have to check them out. I was using Delray... where did you purchase your car from?

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Beach Ford is generally a miss. They just did dumb shit with my ST when I took it in for warranty work and didn’t really provide half ass decent customer service and tried charging me for warrantied parts where if I didn’t understand cars/warranties I would’ve paid out of pocket for something that should’ve been free. My family has brought cars from there and there’s been several issues with services, customer service in general.

Conway Ford is several steps ahead and my only gripe about them is some of the sales staff there is super small town, small minded and “good ole boy” mentality. But their service department has always been good, quick and fair.

Tidelands is by far the best. Have had nothing but outstanding service with them several times with my ST for warranty items and they treat you like gold.

Now where I’m at, I bought my GT from Sawgrass Ford and while I wasn’t thrilled with the sales management, the dealership as a whole and the service department is good - especially for how high volume they are. When my intake manifold took a dump, the service advisor was open to my suggestion of what the issue was. I did have to follow up a couple of times before they reached out to me but they were always courteous and kept me abreast of where my car was at related to diagnostics, repair, etc. They sent a driver out of their normal range to pick me up when my car was ready as well.

Pompano Ford has high remarks in South Florida and Autonation Ford in Margate can go milk a bull for all I care.

AutoNation margate is garbage. Sawgrass is too far. I’ve been to Delray a couple times... I’m going to check our Pompano ford.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I bought my R from my local dealer (20 miles away) 2 years ago. I haven't seen them since I drove off the lot. Not because I don't like them. I do my maintenance myself. I trust none of them.

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
I have been using Harrison Ford in Wellington, Oh for 20 years and give them a excellent rating. My go to salesperson is Shelvy Ash who is still working at 82!
They are a small town dealer and really go out of their way to ensure everything is taken care of. The also sell Featherlight trailers and I have purchased two horse trailers from them. If my truck or car has to go in for service they provide a loaner and they are normally equal to other dealers quotes.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I have been using Harrison Ford in Wellington, Oh for 20 years and give them a excellent rating.
I can't help myself, I have to ask what their cars' best time is on the Kessel run...

Last edited:

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red