Sponsored

Do your back windows not close all the way?

MarkY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
My wife is having this same issue with her 2016. Where exactly do you spray this silicone lubricant? Is it where the window drops into the panel?
Sponsored

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
My wife is having this same issue with her 2016. Where exactly do you spray this silicone lubricant? Is it where the window drops into the panel?
Put some rubber gloves on, spray it on your finger tip, shove your finger in between the weather stripping where the glass slides in. Slide your finger along the entire length of the seal, and repeat these steps until the entire seal is lubricated good. Also put some on both sides of the top edge of the window glass when the top is down

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I don't really like silicone in any form. On my window I used dielectric grease. As said above, put some on a fingertip and coat the rubber window track in the top. I had no need to put any on the window itself. I did this about 4 months ago and the window has worked properly since.
If that trick doesn't fix the problem then you will have to adjust the actual window alignment. There are YouTube videos on the process, it looks a bit involved but not difficult.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
@MarkY I did it with the top partially up, so it's super easy to get to the rubber seal (it's where the top of the glass contacts the top.

MarkY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Thanks everyone for the silicone lube tips. This did the trick for my wife's window.

Sponsored

kliffdweller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Same with my '15. Have had it adjusted once under warranty, but after about 6 months it started sticking again. Silicone spray only works so good. Will have to investigate how to adjust it myself now that the warranty is out.
Did you ever find out how to adjust it? I've got the same problem on my right side and wd40 no longer works.

twbthird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP convertible, Ruby Red
Also, clean the quarter windows frequently. Just a bit of dust or dirt seems to add a lot of drag.

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I never had a problem but, to avoid it, I sprayed 303 protectant in the rubber window channel.

EZ-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eliam
Vehicle(s)
Whipple charged 2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Same issue here with my 19, first time I took to the dealer 3 hours later of waiting in service, it was fine. Than 2 weeks later it started sticking again.

Went with the rubber silicone grease and it’s been ok for more than a month now.

If you put too much it will drop down, but that much is really not needed, just a light spray or dab is all.

kliffdweller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Just a note, I had sprayed WD40 and tried lithium grease when that didn't work. I should have read more carefully and used the silicon spray the first time. It works fine with that now. Does anyone know how the dealer makes any physical adjustment? What bolt to adjust, etc.?

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Did you ever find out how to adjust it? I've got the same problem on my right side and wd40 no longer works.
No I did not, but I don't use traditional WD-40. I started using a silicone based spray and it works much better (WD-40 tends to dry out after initial application, where silicone does not).

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know how the dealer makes any physical adjustment? What bolt to adjust, etc.?
There is a physical adjustment to make. It requires some dissassembly. Here a video for the rear windows and I know there are others for the front windows too.
Personally, I chose to try the "lubes the track" method first as it was easiest. As I said above, I prefer dielectric grease to silicon. I used it on the passenger side nearly a year ago and it's still working perfectly with zero dirt accumulation.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
There is a physical adjustment to make. It requires some dissassembly. Here a video for the rear windows and I know there are others for the front windows too.
Personally, I chose to try the "lubes the track" method first as it was easiest. As I said above, I prefer dielectric grease to silicon. I used it on the passenger side nearly a year ago and it's still working perfectly with zero dirt accumulation.

Just a quick update
I'm at 3 years and 9 months since I lubed the track with dielectric grease and the windows are still working flawlessly.