rmxdavid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible 5.0 - Magnetic Metallic
It would be a huge deal to me!

Having to pull the windows 3" by hand is not a fix you attempt for yourself if the car is in warranty.

Take it to the dealer for repair.
Agreed, but still not a a big deal for me and I had hoped there was an easy fix before taking it in. I have tried all the lube/silicone recommendations and they didn't work & haven't had time to take the car into to the dealer. I will admit that the 3 inches is an exaggeration on my part maybe 1/4-1/8 or even less on the gap. It is just enough to hear airflow and water would get in.

I still feel it could be something with the top's alignment given the rear windows work fine with the top down but could be wrong. Also as mentioned, some said it may not be covered by warranty. (The car is still well within the 3/36) Will find out and report back the findings once I get the car in.

Either way and whatever the cause - This sounds like enough people are having a problem where there is something wrong with the design. Much like the plastic side pieces...
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I don't think it's the design so much as less than stellar assembly (fit and finish) quality.
There appear to be three possible reasons for the windows not going up all the way. Or at least 3 solutions I've seen or read about.
The window assembly can be misaligned. No amount of lube will fix this if it's bad enough. I've read of dealers simply adjusting the assembly. There's even a YouTube video on this.
The motor or sensor is defective. Again, I've read where dealers have replaced the assembly to fix this.
And, finally, cases where a bit of lube does fix the problem. I suspect that in these cases the assembly is misaligned, or the motor too weak to overcome that last bit on its own but lube let's it make that last little push.

Since the easy way hasn't worked for you and you are still under warranty I still recommend a trip to the dealership. It's not right as it is and that's what the warranty is for.
I hate to see people shrug off problems with new cars. It gives Ford a free pass and, basically, a green light to continue with their crapola fit and finish ways.

rmxdavid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible 5.0 - Magnetic Metallic
Finally got the car into the dealer last week and they lubed the windows internally with no adjustments. Both rear windows work fine for now but will see how long things last. I had already tried most of the other recommendations and the windows worked for a couple of weeks. I did not lube the motor assembly or internals as the dealer did so will see how things go.
Sponsored