Do you have audio questions?

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Bigdrumma22, just a thought... I run the JL C5 systyem, 2-way. The JL C5 3-way adds a mid but uses the same woofer and tweeter. If the Focal system does the same you may be able to go 2-way with the same set and either get the 2-way xover or go active.
Sponsored

Bigdrumma22

Sangre
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
Bigdrumma22, just a thought... I run the JL C5 systyem, 2-way. The JL C5 3-way adds a mid but uses the same woofer and tweeter. If the Focal system does the same you may be able to go 2-way with the same set and either get the 2-way xover or go active.
I've considered not running the mid and just using them as a 2 way setup, but I've never had a vehicle with a 3-way setup so kinda determined to use them as intended and get what I paid for ya know? Just means I either have to modify my current door panels or swap to premium panels to keep stock look.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Question: I have a base 6 speaker GT and want to add some more bass. Would I be better off getting a pair of say the Peerless 6.5 or 8" woofers for the rear deck with an LC2i and small mono amp, or would something like a 10" sub in a front firing Zenclosure with lc2i and amp be better? I just want better bass in the car, I am not looking for anything to win SPL comps or anything.

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
Question: I have a base 6 speaker GT and want to add some more bass. Would I be better off getting a pair of say the Peerless 6.5 or 8" woofers for the rear deck with an LC2i and small mono amp, or would something like a 10" sub in a front firing Zenclosure with lc2i and amp be better? I just want better bass in the car, I am not looking for anything to win SPL comps or anything.
First thing I found is the base system has the EQ set with very little base and a roll off at higher volumes. I wonder if it’s a showroom thing to help with an upscale model sale. It’s not that expensive to make a good sounding modern amp for moderate output levels.

I adjust mine to flat response with Forscan and it really improved things. The stock front speakers have decent speaker excursion travel after the ACM tune they sound better. I would start here first.

I have a hard time seeing myself paying more than $100 pair for Chinese speakers sold by great hype marketing companies. I listen to mostly Rock so my opinion on bass may differ from others. I have added infinity kappa in the back that met my expectations.

In the front I am installing Pioneer TS-D1730C, adding a 60 watt Pioneer gm-a6704 as a cost performance budget items understanding the limits of the door cavity.

I was able to fine a connect cable that branches out the speaker lines from the ACM

FOR-11CK- on Amazon or ebay

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
First thing I found is the base system has the EQ set with very little base and a roll off at higher volumes. I wonder if it’s a showroom thing to help with an upscale model sale. It’s not that expensive to make a good sounding modern amp for moderate output levels.

I adjust mine to flat response with Forscan and it really improved things. The stock front speakers have decent speaker excursion travel after the ACM tune they sound better. I would start here first.

I have a hard time seeing myself paying more than $100 pair for Chinese speakers sold by great hype marketing companies. I listen to mostly Rock so my opinion on bass may differ from others. I have added infinity kappa in the back that met my expectations.

In the front I am installing Pioneer TS-D1730C, adding a 60 watt Pioneer gm-a6704 as a cost performance budget items understanding the limits of the door cavity.

I was able to fine a connect cable that branches out the speaker lines from the ACM

FOR-11CK- on Amazon or ebay
Can you advise what I need to change in Forscan to change the ACM to flat?

Sponsored

Scstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Guard V8 manual
Question: Am i able to use the crossover supplied with the Focal 165AS3 component speakers if i plan to retain the factory amp of the 9 speaker setup? Looking at the factory wiring diagram the speakers already have their own feeds from the amp and i am not sure how it could be wired up as per the speaker install instructions.

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
Can you advise what I need to change in Forscan to change the ACM to flat?
I would first down down load your as builds from Ford
There's a DOC file also in this forum with the below info

in the ACM tab
727-01-02 x*xx xx
0=EQ Selection #0, 1=EQ Selection #1, 2=EQ Selection #2, 3=EQ Selection #3, 4=EQ Selection #4, 5=EQ Selection #5, 6=EQ Selection #6, 7=EQ Selection
#7, 8=EQ Selection #8, 9=EQ Selection #9

change the noted *asterisk character to 0
Mine was set to 5

Last edited:

svfetter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 427r - 2015 stage 2
I have replaced all the speakers in my 15 - 9 speaker system with Kickers. They seem to be really good quality for the money and then just added the kicker hideaway sub in the rear floor board. Now I have a really nice sounding system for a minimal amount of money and the install was pretty easy.

slickins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic Carbon MT82 PP1 AE MR
how to add subwoofer to 400A 9 speaker set up

Howdy, I have a 2018 Mustang GT with the 400A 9 speaker audio system. I am getting mixed responses regarding how to install a trunk mounted sub and amp (really eyeing the JL Audio Stealthbox with 12TW3 sub and JX500/1D amp). Some are saying I just need the sub and amp while others are saying I would need to install new wiring to get a proper signal to the sub from the stock SYNC 3 8" head unit. Hoping it is a fairly easy plug and play style install. Could someone clarify?

Lastly, do you think that a 12" sub would drown out the rest of the audio from the stock 9 speaker system in the Mustang? Thanks.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Howdy, I have a 2018 Mustang GT with the 400A 9 speaker audio system. I am getting mixed responses regarding how to install a trunk mounted sub and amp (really eyeing the JL Audio Stealthbox with 12TW3 sub and JX500/1D amp). Some are saying I just need the sub and amp

Lastly, do you think that a 12" sub would drown out the rest of the audio from the stock 9 speaker system in the Mustang? Thanks.
For last question, no, unless you blast the sub at a volume level not in synchrony with the average musical levels, I.e, loud and booming. I have the JL Audio stealth box with separate 300 watt amp and volume control. It works wonders. Delayed me getting rear or front speakers for sure.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
There is no sub out, so you buy a pigtail from HextallS50 that taps the full signal from the head to amp run that to smart sub out box lets you set levels rolloff and some smart even look at music mix let pick type window rattler. The other is tap the high levels from the rear speakers again through smart filter to provide a line output. Then what ever amp and speakers you like. Now some sub amps claim to be able to work with speaker level input and adjustable low pass with remote level switch. That the 3 easiest ways I seen.

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
I have the 401A package 12 speaker shaker pro Audio.
I had my local audio shop install 2-10 jl audio subs in a sealed zenclosures box
The amp is a jl audio 1000
they installed this using the lci2 wired into the factory sub location wiring harness
Would it be better to just cut the lci2 out of the system and just add rca to the harness?
The reason i am asking is while this was a huge improvement but in some areas the base response just seems lacking.
Also what seeting do i need to use in forscan to disable the factory rolloff and get the correct output.
I have read insome places i should already have a flat signal to the original sub is that correct or do i need to set this to flat as well?
I am using the facory amp to power the rest of the speakers for now and while i will eventually change them out ,it will be a while.

Thanks

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
you getting the factory EQ by tapping the sub amp, might sound better by taping the rear deck speakers for your input into your lci2. Your deck speakers are coaxial and getting a different EQ than the kicker, this will give the lci2 more to work with.

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
I have a 2015 Premium with the shaker system. I am satisfied with everything except the quality of satellite radio. It sounds little better than an old transistor am radio. HD sounds best, even my bluetooth audio is good but satellite sounds terrible. My wife has a GM vehicle and satellite sounds great on it. Am I alone or are others noticing this issue?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have a 2015 Premium with the shaker system. I am satisfied with everything except the quality of satellite radio. It sounds little better than an old transistor am radio. HD sounds best, even my bluetooth audio is good but satellite sounds terrible. My wife has a GM vehicle and satellite sounds great on it. Am I alone or are others noticing this issue?
Mine sounded okay with the stock system. Once I upgraded I realized how terrible it really sounded. Cancelled my subscription and got Spotify Premium instead.
Sponsored