Sponsored

Do you have audio questions?

NemesisOfZod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium
Currently I have stockpiled a set of the JL C5-653 for the front stage, a single 12W3, and the JL RD900/5. First, what am I lacking? I was looking at the Massive Audio Core1 due to a friends recommendation, but is this overkill? Alternate suggestions? Would I be better off with the JL FIX? Or Perhaps even the OEMRadio solution that someone mentioned above (I haven't looked into it yet)? Also, was considering swapping the 12W3 for a pair of 10W6. YEs? No? SQ is the ultimate goal, but it's been a long time since I competed, and back then I was full Alpine F1 and Type X.
Sponsored

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Nemesis, my build consists of JL components up front with a single 10w3 run off of a JL 700/5. I can electronically xover the fronts. I run high level off of the front stage L&R pulled from behind the radio. It is very solid. I would start with a basic install like mine and decide later if a processor is needed. I started with a bass six speaker system and sourcing from the front I do not appear to have any bass roll off.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You will just have to enlarge the pillar hole a bit with a dremel and it should slide right in.

Also, it's out of stock....

lol I'll find those buggers.

Any good recommendation for a center speaker? I may as well tackle that too.

Sponsored

EcoBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium, PP, 50th, RR
Vehicle Showcase
Infinity REF3022CFX 3.5" works quite well.
I've heard good things about the Polk DB351 too (Trying them next).

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
lol I'll find those buggers.

Any good recommendation for a center speaker? I may as well tackle that too.
I can vouch for the Polk db351, that's what I installed and it is excellent.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Infinity REF3022CFX 3.5" works quite well.
I've heard good things about the Polk DB351 too (Trying them next).
I can vouch for the Polk db351, that's what I installed and it is excellent.
That Polk unit has rave reviews, thanks for the referral! I am going to grab that.

As far as the install:

For the tweeters....are you guys taking out the A pillar. It just pops out I assume?

In general on the oem wiring, which is positive/negative. I always get it confused!

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
That Polk unit has rave reviews, thanks for the referral! I am going to grab that.

As far as the install:

For the tweeters....are you guys taking out the A pillar. It just pops out I assume?

In general on the oem wiring, which is positive/negative. I always get it confused!
Like anything with this car, you pull until you feel like you're going to break something, then pull a little harder :(
With the A pillar, you kind of pull the top part towards you and towards the center of the car at the same time. Once the top pops free, just work your way down.

To remove the tweeter, I used a dremel on the three "plastic welds" that hold the tweeter in from the back side. The tweeter grill just pops in and out.

At least for my car, the wiring with the line is the negative, YMMV.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Both the speakers are coaxial so what do you about the tweeters?

Sponsored

EcoBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium, PP, 50th, RR
Vehicle Showcase
Positive speaker lead has the capacitor on it. ;)

Bigdrumma22

Sangre
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
Base stereo upgrade options

Hold on guys, this one is loaded! So I've been researching audio solutions for this gen car since even before I bought my car in august and I'm still left with a lot of questions but feel I'm getting closer to a possible setup. I have a 2017 Base GT with 6 speaker setup. I'm looking at two possible setups. Like everyone I'm trying to keep to some sort of a budget and I already have some parts stockpiled from a previous build that never happened, so here's what I'm thinking for each option currently.

First setup:
-Focal 165AS3 3-Way components (already own)
-8" Shelby upgrade Kicker door subs from the 05-09 cars (buddy has)
-Audiocontrol LC4.800 (would need to buy)

With this I'd run the fronts off the front two channels with included passive crossover. The rear subs in deck I'd run off the rear two channels, each are two ohm so I can get 200W RMS to each. I've never setup a car for IB before but I had a benz with a single 8" in rear deck and it sounded pretty decent so I figure two with decent power would be pretty nice.

Second setup:
-Focal 165AS3 3-Way components (already own)
-Focal 165AS 2-way coax (maybe)
-MTX Thunder 7500 T7510-44 (already own)
-Audiocontrol LC6.1200 (would need to buy)

With this I'd run the fronts off the front two channels with included passive crossover. Possibly run a set of coax in the rear deck off channels 3/4. Then run the subs off channels 5/6 bridged.

*As a side note, I'm currently planning to retain stock stereo/sync which is why I'm leaning towards the Audiocontrol units so I can have speaker level in, accubass, etc. I don't think the Scoche OR Metra kit is worth $450 to go with aftermarket H/U. I'm open to other suggestions. I also have a JBL GTO3EZ for a simpler component/single sub setup that was meant for the benz but no accubass or channel summing capability.

Also will there still be modifications needed to the ACM or is the signal at speaker outs full range? :shrug:

Thanks to anyone willing to read through all that!:headbang:

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I have the base sound system in my 2015 V6. I feel the same as I would love to upgrade the speakers and add an amp but not sure which brands/type I should go with. I want more of a Concert hall sound, not looking for heavy bass and vibrating the car with the speakers. I was thinking Rockford Fosgate Speakers/tweeters, or perhaps Bang & Olufsen. What brand /model Amp should I get? Also, I will eventually replace the head unit but I like my Sync and use of my steering wheel controls so it will have to be compatible- but that's down the road. First would be speakers and amp. Suggestions??

Last edited:

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Bigdrumma22, a question on your Focal 3-ways. If you have the base 6 speaker system you will have to get creative to install the mids. What is your plan there?

Bigdrumma22

Sangre
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
Bigdrumma22, a question on your Focal 3-ways. If you have the base 6 speaker system you will have to get creative to install the mids. What is your plan there?
I realized I left that out after my post. Since I assumed and have since confirmed that there is a hole in the inner door skin, the only simple/clean method I've come up with is finding a set of premium door panels and swapping them to maintain the stock look. I've priced them out to be between 100-250 on ebay depending on condition. Custom A-pillars would be too bulky/flashy for me personally.
Sponsored