Do you avoid or embrace car shows?

TruckandaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX 4 2021 Mustang GT
There is one in Peachland,BC this May 22nd Sunday on the long weekend. Any one from Okananagan, BC going to go to the car show with their mustangs? I was going to go, mine is pretty much stock but the PPF film wrap looks pretty great so was going to do a little promo for the guys that did it in Penticton. Not sure if they take or want new cars at these shows, figured I’d go anyway.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I prefer cars and coffee or roll in events because they don't burn up an entire day. I don't want trophies or awards, as I already have too much car swag as it is.

I only attend one regular car show per year in my hometown, mainly to run into people I know. Some of my car buddies go to one or two shows every weekend, which would drive me nuts because I can't stand that much inactivity. I'd never get anything accomplished....

Djetok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1
Personally, I love looking at the cars, but not entering my ride. Your thoughts?
We love to go to events. It's great bonding moments for my son and I. My wife and I even purchased him a Oklahoma Mustang club membership. We do the drag , HDPE, pony rides, car shows, and coffee and cars.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It depends upon the "vibe" If it's run by a good car community and not taken too seriously I am usually open to going. I love the drive and park events where there is a cruise/spirited drive and then a meet up afterwards..

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I enjoy car shows but no longer enter my cars. I have won many awards in the past but it's time to let someone else win. As a side note it's a long day preparing and sitting around watching out for the careless person.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I enjoy car shows but no longer enter my cars. I have won many awards in the past but it's time to let someone else win. As a side note it's a long day preparing and sitting around watching out for the careless person.
yeah, I know what you mean. I had mine at a big downtown car show the day before Octoberfest. I literally walked away for 2 minutes to deposit something in the trash and 2 "kids" (young adults) were attempting to open up the car door.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
yeah, I know what you mean. I had mine at a big downtown car show the day before Octoberfest. I literally walked away for 2 minutes to deposit something in the trash and 2 "kids" (young adults) were attempting to open up the car door.
And then there's the unsupervised younger kids pawing all over the car leaving handprints behind....

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
There was a local cruise night near me but it was interrupted by covid and I don't know if it has started up again. I did take my TR8 when I had it, although the guy at the gate never seemed happy about letting me in. Later they basically had to open it up because the parking lot that they had it in now had to be open, as the store was now open Saturday evenings. I took the Mustang down a couple of times and depending on parking availability will park it with other cars but typically parked well away and just looked. Too many non-car types walking around with stuff hanging off them and not being respectful of peoples' pride and joys.

There also is a Friday night thing near my office run by Mustang people but it typically starts late, like 9 pm, so I typically have stayed away.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Classic/Antique car shows YES.... Newer stuff , NO THANKS.....

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Embrace them, enjoy meeting people and chatting about our cars. My 18 GT Premium and my 08 GT/CS. The CS is pretty much tricked out and often a class winner.

IMG_5057.JPG

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I used to go all the time when I was part of a club, but very infrequently now. If some of my friends are at a show in the area then maybe. I don't go to win, but to look at cars and talk to people, and people love to talk about their own cars! You find out so much more than what meets the eye when you have those convos. The weirder the cars the more interested I am.

The Cars and Coffee type of show suits me best. Hang for an hour or two, then leave. All day events can be tiresome.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I love car shows. I used to organize them regularly through my car club and hold benefit events for victims of the fires, homeless vets, etc. My car is pretty track scarred so I don't go to show really but to see cool cars and chat with friends.

Unfortunately, where I live there has been a huge sideshow/hoodrat/$hitbox culture that has taken over. Don't get me wrong, I love all cars but what I'm not a fan of is negative attention being directed to an already fragile car culture.

I've gotten to the point where I don't go to Cars & Coffee much and avoid certain types of car shows. I mostly do my thing at the track and even that is getting more difficult due to time constraints. Hopefully that'll change soon.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I love car shows. I used to organize them regularly through my car club and hold benefit events for victims of the fires, homeless vets, etc. My car is pretty track scarred so I don't go to show really but to see cool cars and chat with friends.

Unfortunately, where I live there has been a huge sideshow/hoodrat/$hitbox culture that has taken over. Don't get me wrong, I love all cars but what I'm not a fan of is negative attention being directed to an already fragile car culture.

I've gotten to the point where I don't go to Cars & Coffee much and avoid certain types of car shows. I mostly do my thing at the track and even that is getting more difficult due to time constraints. Hopefully that'll change soon.
Good to hear from you Todd. I have followed your thread from the beginning. I agree, the young crowd has some really negative things going on, but in the midst there are a few groups in my area that are trying to keep the car culture alive. Providing respectful activities to young kids who want to enjoy the car scene. It's a mixed bad. I gave up on "showing" my car after driving it in the TN mountains and on track. I plan on doing some additional cosmetic mods and attending some shows, but not worrying about the scrape I got on the hood from my trip to KY or other blemishes. Just enjoying the car and the battle scars! LOL....

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Good to hear from you Todd. I have followed your thread from the beginning. I agree, the young crowd has some really negative things going on, but in the midst there are a few groups in my area that are trying to keep the car culture alive. Providing respectful activities to young kids who want to enjoy the car scene. It's a mixed bad. I gave up on "showing" my car after driving it in the TN mountains and on track. I plan on doing some additional cosmetic mods and attending some shows, but not worrying about the scrape I got on the hood from my trip to KY or other blemishes. Just enjoying the car and the battle scars! LOL....
Great to hear from you as well and thanks!

In regards to your experience, all we can do is just pass the torch and lead by example.
I've made time for a few special needs events and those kids are as happy as seeing
Santa Claus on a Sunday morning! It makes it all worth it. Hopefully other groups see
that and guides them to be a positive influence in the community.

In regards to your car specifically, I just feel that's a part of the "Character" of a car. And that
car has a great and fun story to tell. :like: :fistbump: 🍻

Last edited:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've starting going to car shows that cater to classics and where the age demographic averages 40 years old.

Where I'm from (Twin Cities), the 300 Credit Score, 25% Interest Rate Dodge crowd is starting to f*ck things up...again.
I have noticed that most organized car shows around me have a lot of classics come out. A lot of 50s, 60s, 70s, and less of the newer cars. Most of the guys are older, maybe 60+. At smaller shows, it's mine and maybe another late model Mustang that are among the other cars. Bigger shows tend to have more late models. For most shows, awards are not very meaningful due to voting being carried out by the contestants themselves. I like it when they let the public vote.

There are other kinds of shows, the informal "come and go meets" that I am wary of going to. There was a meet that was happening every week, only 10 minutes from my house at a large business. I looked at FB posts regarding it and I noped out. It was a s***show with mainly a young crowd that was not respectful of the premises, and eventually the business owner kicked them out and ended it.

The C&C show in Dallas even had issues with bad behavior, but it was a shame when that got shut down because you could see everything. Bugatti Chiron? check. 918 Porsche? check. Imagine any exotic and they showed up. Lots of really nice classics and one-offs too. My car doesn't have the mojo for a show like that but I like to look.
Sponsored

Last edited: