Car ramps, what do you use?

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Mine are the 30" Rally Ramps & work just fine on my 2018 PP1. Will be close once I finally get my lowering springs installed.
It may not be an issue w/PP1 as you do not have the additional front splitter. I have the 555-8243 Steeda springs, but they only dropped the front of my Mustang 0.25".
Sponsored

DLW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Just an FYI ... I have an older set of 2-piece 67" XT Race Ramps w/10" lift & they will NOT work on a 2019 GT PP2. :curse:
They do have the the extenders for the 67" ramps that would solve that issue https://raceramps.com/car-ramps/garage-and-service-ramps/xtenders/

I got the 80" 2 piece race ramps to use for my PP2, no way Rhino's or other off the shelf ramps would work that I could find.
It's to easy to just drive up the ramp and do maintenance without jacks and jack stands, pretty much anything I need to do without removing the wheels. I got the wheel cribs for the rear as well so whole can be off the ground 10" if need be. Of course I also have the jacking rails and jack stands for when those are needed.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
They do have the the extenders for the 67" ramps that would solve that issue: https://raceramps.com/car-ramps/garage-and-service-ramps/xtenders/ I got the 80" 2-piece Race Ramps to use for my PP2, no way Rhinos or other off-the-shelf ramps would work that I could find. It's to easy to just drive up the ramp & do maintenance w/out jacks & jack stands, pretty much anything I need to do w/out removing the wheels. I got the wheel cribs for the rear as well so whole can be off the ground 10" if need be. Of course, I also have the jacking rails & jack stands for when those are needed.
Yeah, I saw the extenders & wondered if they would work w/the PP2. Rather than getting those, I might just pop for the 80" Race Ramps. The "short" ones work fine for the 1998 Mustangs, but not for the "new guy in the garage". :sunglasses: And, like you, all of them have jacking rails so there is always Option B. :like:

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
I have the Rhino ramps and they worked well for my wife's previous Mini Cooper and work well for my Ford Edge Sport, but with the Mustang they slip forward on my smooth garage floor. They have rubber grips underneath, but still slip with the Mustang.
Also the Mustang is still quite low on them, so I've decided I'll put the Mustang on jack stands when I next to an oil change.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Race ramps FTW! Back section pulls out for access under the car. Wide enough for even backing a 305-30-20 tire up on. 10" lift as I recall. Won't scoot when driving up on them or when backing off. Light weight as heck. No dragging out extra crap to fake extenders on even with a car with 1.5" drop springs in front. Worth the cashola!!

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Race Ramps are the only purchased ramp brand that haven't slid on smooth concrete floors when trying to drive the car up the ramp. Even when "the car" was much lighter than a Mustang. However, all those other ramps were purchased a long time ago so maybe current versions of other brands work.

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Takes some effort to get the car up on them but i used 12" Race Ramp wheel cribs when working on my S197 and will be using them for the S550 soon.

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Jacking rails and jack stands. Works great.

I've seen 3 people drive up and right off ramps. I did my best not to laugh. Probably wasn't very good at it.

Nobody drives off jack stands since the car isn't running.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I go low cost old school ... made up some 6 inch high wood blocks from 4 x 6 planks. Two 3 inch layers that are screwed together with decking screws. I can lay under the car and get all the way back to the transmission easily. Works nice for oil changes.

DSCF0766.JPG

DSCF0764.JPG

Sponsored

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Jacking rails exclusively for mine and the wife's ecoboost...

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I have been using the Rhino ramps for years. To keep them from sliding, place carpet under them. They bite into the carpet and wont slide.

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Two sets of Rhino Ramps - one older non-nested and one newer that nests. These things are at least 10 years old and have been used on multiple cars/vans/trucks. However, the lowered cars cannot drive up on them. So I raise the car and slide them under. Work fine even with wide tires (315/30s). When I need the car level, I've built some wood spacers for placing under the ramps to adjust for the slope of the floors. The tallest spacer is about 2". If I need more height, these ramps won't work. I have some Race Ramp 12" Wheel Cribs but still have to jack-up the car to fit these. More than 12" on suspension, I use 6-8 jack stands.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I use these, they allow me to slide under the car for quick stuff. They don't have much height to them though.
Screenshot_20190319-171408_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
Thatguy

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
I went with Race Ramps.
CCE451F2-A0B8-4634-BD3E-73ADB50BCAB9.jpeg
Sponsored