JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Over $40k for an Ecoboost?
Disregard my question but accept my compliment . I went back and saw your other posts . I should have read further down the line sorry . Still a Beauty and damn good price . Junqdawg
Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Looks like it's loaded up. I had no idea the EB cars were so expensive. No navigation?
EB's were never meant to be the "cheap" Mustangs. That was the rental car V6. The EB was always an alternative. Not everybody wants, needs, or can afford a V8. The EB has come a long way since my 2015. The 21' EB with HPP & HP can hold its own against far more expensive competition. Since a fully optioned GT costs close to $55k, $46K for the EB is pretty darn good.

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Disregard my question but accept my compliment . I went back and saw your other posts . I should have read further down the line sorry . Still a Beauty and damn good price . Junqdawg
Thanks. I paid $37k for the car last year, and Vroom gave me $41,500 for it this year. Enough to pay for the mods and still make a little money. I still say someone will get a nice car. Vroom doesn't have to make money like a normal dealer. All Vroom cares about is their stock price. They're playing with stock market funny money.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
EB's were never meant to be the "cheap" Mustangs. That was the rental car V6. The EB was always an alternative. Not everybody wants, needs, or can afford a V8. The EB has come a long way since my 2015. The 21' EB with HPP & HP can hold its own against far more expensive competition. Since a fully optioned GT costs close to $55k, $46K for the EB is pretty darn good.
I'm a fan of turbo cars, which is why I am now driving a tuned M5. After I sold the Mustang to Vroom, I found a deal on a used M5 that I couldn't pass up. Traded the 135i for a totally stock, clean Carfax, high mileage, daily driver, grocery getter, soccer mom car.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
The thing is, who would buy a fully optioned GT for $55k when you can get a Mach premium for like $57 MSRP

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Looks like it's loaded up. I had no idea the EB cars were so expensive. No navigation?
Personal opinion is that navigation is one of the biggest scams going. I think Ford charges roughly $800 for it - and it's never quite up-to-date and the traffic features suck. Totally unneeded when one uses Carplay or Android Auto. I use the latter in both of my 2018 Fords. I was thankful my Mustang didn't have navigation, as that would have just cost me money I didn't need to spend. Unfortunately, my Fusion had navigation, but ticked all the other options I wanted, so I sucked it up and had to pay for it. But yeah, a base EB can be had for far less than $46k, leaving a lot of headroom for upgrades...

Oh, and to try and steer back on topic... Do you really recoup the cost of navigation on a used car? Most the used cars I've seen have outdated navigation maps.

Ritwik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ritwik
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP2
Traded in my 2014 v6 manual for a 2020 GT PP2 this week. Here's how the transaction went - Bought my V6 in 2016 used with 21K miles. Paid $17K. At 85K miles, steering rack started giving up so decided to appraise her. Was offered up to $11K for as is condition. Did not need a 2nd car, so just decided to let her go. On the day of the sale, dealer shows me a 2020 PP2 that just got traded in. Fully loaded with 7.5K miles. Car was mint. Even had the sticker on the 5.0 badge in the engine cover. Brand new tires. Original MSRP $52K. Dealer asking $46K. That's when the problem started. I had no intention of buying another car. Especially in this climate. But considering how rare the PP2s are and with $6K off MSRP, decided to have a chat with the dealer. After a brief round, they agreed to add another $1K in the trade. So net net, I sold my 7 year old 85K car for $12K, picked up a lightly used PP2 for $46K. Plus saved around $1K on tires (305s are expensive) and around $700 on sales tax. Was it a good deal ? I don't know. Am I happy ? Hell yes ! I'm sure I paid around 2-4K extra on the PP2. But guess made that up from the trade. If this was any other car, I would not have done this, but guess you just cant say no to a mint PP2 :)

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Oh, and to try and steer back on topic... Do you really recoup the cost of navigation on a used car? Most the used cars I've seen have outdated navigation maps.
Yes, because it is a very popular option. But we are still talking pennies on the dollar. And scam is a rough word. It's an option. I have it, use it, and enjoy it. I do not feel as I have been scammed. I have also used Waze and Google Maps. I too, like to have options.
Sponsored