Do Not Buy A Used car!!!!!

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Because a fully loaded M1 is just over $64k. And the fact that not everyone wants a M1.
Ok I’ll bite- if you don’t get the appearance/handling package on the M1 and only opt for the $1,500 radio, why would you prefer the GT? The M1 is going to be better in every way- or is there something the GT offers I’m missing?
Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Ok I’ll bite- if you don’t get the appearance/handling package on the M1 and only opt for the $1,500 radio, why would you prefer the GT? The M1 is going to be better in every way- or is there something the GT offers I’m missing?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing you can get on the M1 that isn't available on the GT is the Tremec on the manual, right?

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing you can get on the M1 that isn't available on the GT is the Tremec on the manual, right?
No- the Mach also has the GT500 rear diffuser, different exhaust, different front fascia, engine air intake from the GT350, transmission cooler, and some other bits and bobs I forget atm.

EDIT: Also you can get the handling package on the Mach which is not available on the GT.

From my point of view, I was comparing a GT premium with the following options: 401a, active exhaust, PP1, and magenride, which has a MSRP of $53k. A Mach1 700a has all of that plus the nicer manual transmission and all of the stuff above for $56.5. I personally found the extra $3.5k to be an easy choice to buy the 'special edition' package, which at least in theory should also do a better job of retaining value. I imagine resale on a fully loaded GT premium is harder to recoup.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You‘re not missing a thing. If it were me it would be a Mach 1. All’s I’m saying is that a Mach 1 might not be everyones cup of tea. Same reason to get an EB instead of a GT.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
You‘re not missing a thing. If it were me it would be a Mach 1. All’s I’m saying is that a Mach 1 might not be everyones cup of tea. Same reason to get an EB instead of a GT.
At least with the Ecoboost performance package and handling package, I think it would offer a unique driving experience compared to the M1/GT where the M1 is a straight upgrade. But $44k or whatever for the ecoboost is hard to stomach. I'd love to test drive one tho

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I tried Vroom for shits & and giggles. They offered $32k for my 4 month old $68k car.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Yes, because it is a very popular option. But we are still talking pennies on the dollar. And scam is a rough word. It's an option. I have it, use it, and enjoy it. I do not feel as I have been scammed. I have also used Waze and Google Maps. I too, like to have options.
I know, it's worth what people will pay, just not worth anything to me. By scam, I really mean it has cost me money and I've just felt like I didn't get enough value for what I paid. I've had it in my 2013 and 2018 Fusions and found it frustrating and useless. Maybe it depends on how and where one uses it. If it's working for you, awesome! :like:

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium

I'm not a fan of the Mach 1 what so ever. I could easily afford one, but I very much so dislike the hood and grille. It's not everyone's style.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I'm a fan of turbo cars, which is why I am now driving a tuned M5. After I sold the Mustang to Vroom, I found a deal on a used M5 that I couldn't pass up. Traded the 135i for a totally stock, clean Carfax, high mileage, daily driver, grocery getter, soccer mom car.
Up to 2019 I'd never have looked at a 4 banger Mustang, But I bought a Ranger for my Wife. And For a Heavy crew cab 4x4 truck It moves , And the only Engine the USA market gets is the 2.3 inline 4 with turbo.
Owning and driving that vehicle is the reason I test drove a base E/B mustang on a vacation to "see" how it be. Well, if a 310 hp one. is fairly quick, a 350hp, cough, cough, I mean 332hp one with better gearing than a rental convert Would be Damn quick.
Make no mistake, I would have rathred a 5.0 v8 car, I just look at the window sticker and see north of 53k and Go holy Crap.
If I wasn't able to get even this car price down I'd never have bought it, I see 46k and think, just because I can't doesn't mean I should. I've gotten cheap when I got older. In 1989 I didn't even try to get anything off the MSRP of the garnet med red metalic 350cid, GTA, that stickered at almost 32k in 1989. My last new vehicle that I bought that was for me, ( Ranger doesn't count that was the wife's vehicle that she drives 99% of the time ) Was a 2006 chevy z71 4x4 5.3v8 loaded up. and it was 26k out the door, sticker was 34k . North of 40k is just nuts to me. And both the Ranger and this mustang were well past 40k , Ranger msrp was a little higher than the pony. 47.5k to the pony's 46k
I guess to those that change vehicles every few years, this isn't a big shock, But when I went looking at the rangers with wife to replace the 2004 Ford she was driving I just about had a heart attack. I was a tad out of touch of what new vehicle prices had become.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The thing is, who would buy a fully optioned GT for $55k when you can get a Mach premium for like $57 MSRP
You can't get a Mach 1 for under 67k The dealer I got my car at has 4 2)gray, 1)white and 1 black. They all were north of 70k

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
You can't get a Mach 1 for under 67k The dealer I got my car at has 4 2)gray, 1)white and 1 black. They all were north of 70k
No, you can't find one on a lot for that price. I had to order mine. I used Granger due to their reputation here and paid ~7% under MSRP iirc, or $53k for a 700a and wheels. Of course that means that I won't get the car till the end of the year, but better that then feeling awful because you got fleeced by a greedy dealer on a car that will likely have heavy depreciation.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, you can't find one on a lot for that price. I had to order mine. I used Granger due to their reputation here and paid ~7% under MSRP iirc, or $53k for a 700a and wheels. Of course that means that I won't get the car till the end of the year, but better that then feeling awful because you got fleeced by a greedy dealer on a car that will likely have heavy depreciation.
Most that buy a "special" model have been programmed to just accept the dealer mark up on them. Even before covid and the chip mess.
They had 2) Shelby gt500's one was a "r" 30k over sticker market adjustment, and it had a sold sticker on it.
so 97.9k+30k on top of that.
People are buying, From the time I first looked at the unit I bought and the time I picked it up(13 days). They had sold every unit they had other than one. So 10 mustangs in that short span. The Finance guy said I was only one of two buyers that was willing to walk away and not buy if the price wasn't ideal, the rest, just looked at it, and the market adjustment and said I'll take it. To me that is just nuts. But for some. The "market adjustment" it is pocket change.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
People are buying, From the time I first looked at the unit I bought and the time I picked it up(13 days). They had sold every unit they had other than one. So 10 mustangs in that short span. The Finance guy said I was only one of two buyers that was willing to walk away and not buy if the price wasn't ideal, the rest, just looked at it, and the market adjustment and said I'll take it. To me that is just nuts. But for some. The "market adjustment" it is pocket change.
In this market I can't make up my mind if everyone is just that much wealthier than me or leveraged out of their mind in debt. My wife and I just bought a house; we stayed at the low end of our budget but many of the 'dream' homes we were covetously looking at were in the $600-800k range and were selling like hotcakes in a city where the median household income is $60k.

Three weeks ago I contacted my local dealer (OKC metro ford) to look at their stock. They had a few M1's they were trying to sell for ~$8k+ in ADM (I asked them to meet the Granger price on existing inventory or order and they politely declined). I just checked online now and the cars are still in stock. They also have a GT500 CFT which they are asking $131k for. Metro came off as very sleazy in person; online they are listing MSRP as $1k over their price, which of course is completely bogus.

Anyway I guess I can't really understand the mindset either, mostly because A) I hate wasting money and B) if I really had that much cash to burn I'd be buying a lightly used and heavily overpriced 2019/2020 GT350 or a GT500.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In this market I can't make up my mind if everyone is just that much wealthier than me or leveraged out of their mind in debt. My wife and I just bought a house; we stayed at the low end of our budget but many of the 'dream' homes we were covetously looking at were in the $600-800k range and were selling like hotcakes in a city where the median household income is $60k.

Three weeks ago I contacted my local dealer (OKC metro ford) to look at their stock. They had a few M1's they were trying to sell for ~$8k+ in ADM (I asked them to meet the Granger price on existing inventory or order and they politely declined). I just checked online now and the cars are still in stock. They also have a GT500 CFT which they are asking $131k for. Metro came off as very sleazy in person; online they are listing MSRP as $1k over their price, which of course is completely bogus.

Anyway I guess I can't really understand the mindset either, mostly because A) I hate wasting money and B) if I really had that much cash to burn I'd be buying a lightly used and heavily overpriced 2019/2020 GT350 or a GT500.
Housing market is nuts, but interest rates are stupid low, and at some point are going up.
Sadly, many hear the leaner say you are approved for xxx dollars, and they buy at the top of that range.
When I was looking to get a house, I was approved for 175k more than the house I bough cost. Sure the homes in that price range were nice, but Did we need 4 bed rooms, an extra bed room or office, Chef level kitchen, etc. No.
Most of my Friends that did buy at the top of what the bank approved them for, are hose poor because the bank forgets to tell new buyers, of all the other cost that come with owning. I think the housing market is a mirror of 2007, one economy blip, and many are in a world of hurt.
Sponsored