Edgemere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edge
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Greetings,

I have a 2022 GT Premium, Manual Transmission. I will be installing the Ford Performance Track Shock & Struts, with the Steeda, Minimum Drop Springs. The Steeda springs are advertised as a 1/2" drop front and rear. Being that I am only lowering the car approx 1/2" are bump steer kits needed? I am not opposed to installing them if needed, but if it isn't, why spend the money. Please advise.

Thanks.............
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
With that suspension upgrade I would say no. That’s pretty tame and the style of driving that kit would support wouldn’t need a bumpsteer kit.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
What are you using the car for? Around town, no. Track, probably. Reality is you will have to drive it a bit to see. Look at the geometry of your lower control arm and steering arm. If they are parallel at full compression, you will probably be fine.

OP
OP
Edgemere

Edgemere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edge
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
What are you using the car for? Around town, no. Track, probably. Reality is you will have to drive it a bit to see. Look at the geometry of your lower control arm and steering arm. If they are parallel at full compression, you will probably be fine.
I use my car as a weekend car in the Summer. I wouldn't rule out a possible track day, but most likely no. I do hit the twisties up north, and the cloverleafs in town pretty hard, but that is really how I drive my Mustang. Would it just make sense to just have the shop that is doing my suspension work in April install them? I really do not want to go back and do it a second time if needed.

Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Absolutely no bump steer on my FRP kit, though to me the Steedas look like they drop it a bit more. But I wouldn't bother at such a minimal drop.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
No skip it, and it would be trivial to add later if you did decide you needed it, so save your money.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
No need. Spend the money on another chassis/suspension upgrade.

ing3nious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mom mobile
I highly recommend the stop the hop and G trac K member for cloverleaf carving. Really makes the car solid.

OP
OP
Edgemere

Edgemere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edge
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks to all for your feedback. I am, installing the BMR Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit & Differential Bushing Kit for Wheel Hop, the Steeda G Trac K member brace, and the Ford Performance front and rear control arms too. So from what I am being told, I should pass on the Bump Steer kit.
Sponsored