Edgemere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edge
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Greetings,

I will be installing the FRPP Track shocks and struts, and I will be going with the Steeda Minimum Drop Springs. The springs are advertised as a 1/2" drop front and back. Should I also install a bump steer kit? Would one be required with only a 1/2" drop to the front?

Any recommendations on a good bump steer kit would be appreciated. I have researched both Steeda and J&M and the Steeda bump steer kit is quite a bit more expensive then the J&M bump steer kit. Not sure what the difference would be.

Thanks........
Sponsored

sachmo133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Steeds is on here so you could ask the difference. Just remember it is coming from them but I fell they are honest company that loves the Mustang platform and you will have useful info to see if it is worth the extra money. I would also try to ask J&M how their compare.

Do you track your car? I think will make a difference in peoples answer if it is needed.

I got the steeds Dual Rate Springs and the bump steer, I do track my car and was looking to get the car as planted as I could. But I don’t have enough experience to say for sure if they are needed.

OP
OP
Edgemere

Edgemere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edge
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Good question. I will not be taking my car to the track. It will be a daily driver in the Summer months only.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
You shouldn't need a bumpsteer adjustment. That is required when you make changes to the geometry affecting the motion arc like extended ball joints or if you have to get really particular holding the edge of traction fully loaded in a turn on physics defying race tires. Street car on min drop springs that keep the suspension well inside factory operating range? No problems.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You shouldn't need a bumpsteer adjustment. That is required when you make changes to the geometry affecting the motion arc like extended ball joints or if you have to get really particular holding the edge of traction fully loaded in a turn on physics defying race tires. Street car on min drop springs that keep the suspension well inside factory operating range? No problems.
^ this.

If you know you have bump steer, or if you're messing with the geometry of the controls arms, then you might need it.

A 0.5" lowering alone won't require the bumpsteer kit.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I did the FP TrackKit which only lowered the car .875" front and .75" rear. I noticed no increase in bumpsteer.

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ok, now that we have heard both the yes and no answers to your question I'll offer my 2 cents worth as I have much the same setup on my Bullitt, (plus a lot of other Steeda stuff) I did the bump steer kit at the same time as the struts, shocks, springs, camber plates and all the rear end stuff so the car only needed to have the suspension set-up (aligned, bump steer, balanced etc) once on the advice of my mechanic who specializes in performance stuff like Hot Rods, restomods, race cars and the occasional Bullitt.
20231122_141624.jpg

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Ok, now that we have heard both the yes and no answers to your question I'll offer my 2 cents worth as I have much the same setup on my Bullitt, (plus a lot of other Steeda stuff) I did the bump steer kit at the same time as the struts, shocks, springs, camber plates and all the rear end stuff so the car only needed to have the suspension set-up (aligned, bump steer, balanced etc) once on the advice of my mechanic who specializes in performance stuff like Hot Rods, restomods, race cars and the occasional Bullitt.
20231122_141624.jpg
How much toe change were you getting in jounce before the correction?

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have idea, as the car went from PP1 directly to it's current setup over a year ago and I will have to find the alignment sheets to see if there is any notation or ask the man next week when I get the GT 350R oil cooler and left side catch can installed...I'm trying to build a poor boys GT 350 and so far it's making me a poor boy with a kick ass Bullitt.
Sponsored